do we need the speeches? No, we don't.
我们需要听这些吗 不需要
Counselor, is there a question here?
律师 还有问题吗
Nothing further. President Stenborg,
没有了 斯滕堡校长
you make it sound like you don't care
你说的这些让人觉得
about the quality of the education.
你好像根本不在乎教育的质量
Is that true? No.
是这样吗 不是
I care very much.
我很在意教育的质量
But I also care about running a successful business.
但我更在意的是如何把生意做好
You supply a service. Yes.
你是在提供服务 是的
Traditionally, higher education is a product
传统意义上 高等教育
marketed only to the elite.
是一项只为精英人群服务的产品
And you're making it available to the masses? Exactly.
而你是在把它推向大众 没错
If we didn't do it, these students would never get
如果我们没有这样做的话 这些学生
into another institution.
可能永远都不会有进入高校的机会
Do you mislead prospective students?
你们是否误导了一些有希望的学生
No. We're not allowed to.
没有 那样的行为是被禁止的
We're subject to the same laws every business must follow.
我们遵守每一条相关的法律法规
Our customers get exactly
我们的顾客们获得所有我们所承诺的东西
what they pay for, no more, no less.
一样不多 一样不少
Okay, I think we can all agree that Colosseum is not Harvard.
我觉得我们都可以接受克鲁斯曼不是哈佛这一事实
Oh, that's not what we're claiming. Yes, but you're focusing
我们不是这个意思 但是你们一直
on the ways in which Colosseum
把焦点放在克鲁斯曼
doesn't measure up to traditional notions
与传统高等教育
of higher education. No, we're focusing on deceptive practices.
有出入的地方 不 焦点是欺诈行为
Then I'd suggest you stop presenting evidence
那我建议你不要再举关于
on Colosseum being inadequate,
克鲁斯曼办学不当的证据
and instead focus on the ways they actually lied
而是去找一些他们实实在在
to their students.
对学生们说的谎言作为证据
Can I help you?
需要帮忙吗
Yeah. I was actually hoping
我在想 如果这些办公室没人用的话
to rent out these offices, if they're not occupied.
我想租下它们
They're open. Last occupant just used it as a mail drop,
这些都闲着呢 之前有人把它当信箱用呢
and he took off a month ago.
他一个月前走了
How much square footage are you looking for? Like 800,
你大概需要多少平方英尺 差不多八百
but I'd love to take a look. Jason Crouse.
我想看一下 我是杰森·克劳斯
I run a skiptracer business. Sure. Nice to meet you.
我是搞追债的 这样啊 见到你很高兴
Harrison Strode.
我是哈里森·斯特楼德
I manage this location.
我管这一片
A lot of people like the prestigious address.
很多人都喜欢这个地址 比较出名
Ah, here we go.
进来吧
Well, the size is right.
大小正好
Would you mind getting those shades for me?
能帮我开一下百叶窗吗
Sure. It's $600 a month,
没问题 六百美金一个月
with utilities.
带设备
It's Wi-Fi ready,
已经有无线网了
and... the view is not bad.
而且这边视野也不错
Alicia, how's arbitration?
艾丽西娅 仲裁怎么样了
Not good. You busy?
不怎么样 你现在忙吗
Never.
不忙
The arbiter needs some lies that Colosseum tells its students.
仲裁人需要更多克鲁斯曼跟学生说的谎
Can you find something?
你能找出些什么吗
Sure. What's the time line?
可以 什么时候要
Tomorrow.
明天
All right. Let me see what I can do.
好 我看看我能找到点什么
Great. Thanks.
太好了 谢谢
Good-bye.
再见
Surprise! Marissa!
惊喜吧 梅丽莎
Hey, what's up?
最近可好
It's been a while. I know.
好久没见了 我知道
Your office looks amazing. I can't believe
你的办公室看着真棒 我简直不敢相信
you did this all without me. I thought you were in Israel.
我不在你自己全做完了 我以为你在以色列呢
I was. Designing purses. Really cool.
我去了一段 去设计钱包 很赞的
Leather and macrame. But then I got worried
用皮革啊流苏啊什么的 但是后来我担心
my dad was having a nervous breakdown.
我爸神经崩溃
About what? You being away? No.
崩溃什么 因为你不在吗 不是
Do you have any cereal?
你有麦片吗
Sure.
有
What was I saying?
我说到哪了
Your dad you're worried about him. He's having trouble
你♥爸♥ 你担心他 他没办法
letting go.
释然
Running Peter's campaign was his life.
他人生就在给彼得做选举工作
Well, he's my chief of staff now.
他现在是我的幕僚长了
I know. I heard.
我知道 听说了
But...
但是
you disapprove?
你不赞同吗
No. I just...
不是 我就是
you know...
就是
You're right, I don't approve.
你说的对 我不赞成
Why? He's about to pass up
为什么 他要错失一个
an opportunity to run a campaign in Israel--
去以色列管理选举的机会了
a big campaign-- because of you.
是个很大的选举 就因为你
Well, I never guilted Eli into anything-- he wanted to stay.
我从没让伊莱为愧疚而放弃什么 他想留下的
I know. And that's why I'm hoping you'll fire him.
我知道 所以我希望你能解雇他
Marissa... That's the only way he'll move on.
梅丽莎 只有这样他才能向前看
Convince him you don't want him. I know it's hard on you.
让他觉得你不想要他了 我知道这很难
Don't do it for you, do it for him.
别觉得这是为了你 这是为了他好
Please fire him.
求求你解雇他吧
What are you looking to major in, Jason?
你想主攻什么 杰森
I was thinking dental hygiene.
我在考虑牙医
Are you guys accredited with the ADA?
你们是经过美国牙医协会公信的吗
Uh, well, I'll tell you the truth, right now we're not.
我实话实说吧 我们暂时没有
It's pending, but... You don't want to be a dental hygienist.
正在申请 但是 你不会想学牙医的
I mean, come on, look at you, a guy like you?
你看 像你这样的
You like cars? We got a great automotive tech program.
你喜欢车吗 我们又很棒的汽车工程项目
Yeah? How do your graduates do in the workforce?
你们的毕业生工作之后怎么样
Uh... uh, look, you know, I can show you the stats.
我可以给你看看报表统计
We got time for that. But do you want to get some lunch?
我们有时间看 不过你想吃个午饭吗
You know, let me, uh... let me think about it.
让我 让我考虑一下吧
Thank you. Wait, Ja...
谢谢 等一下 杰...
are you a vet?
你是个老兵吗
Yeah. Why?
是啊 怎么了
'Cause I'm about to make your day.
我会让你今天满意而归的
See, most of our students, they got to come up
是这样 我们大部分学生 他们都要
with at least ten percent of the tuition out of pocket.
自己掏最少百分之十的学费
But you, you get the golden ticket.
但是你 你有可是有优待
You got, you got Federal loans, plus the G.I. Bill.
你有联邦贷款 再加上美国♥军♥方教育项目
Let me show you.
我给你看
All right.
好的
You got something.
你找到什么了
What?
什么
Ninety-ten.
90-10
I have no idea what that is.
我完全不明白这是什么意思
You need to call this recruitment officer--
你得联♥系♥招人的那个人
Randy Duffield. What's his number?
兰迪·达菲尔德 他的电♥话♥是多少
No.
不是
Call him as your next witness.
你要传唤他作为你的下一个证人
Mr. Duffield, can you please tell us about the 90/10 rule?
达菲尔德先生 请你解释一下90/10准则
It is a Federal law that prohibits
这是一个联邦法律条款
for-profit colleges from receiving more than
用来禁止盈利学院收取学生
90% of their revenues from student aid.
超过助学金百分之九十的费用
And where does the other ten percent come from?
剩下的百分之十从哪里来
From the students themselves. Their own private funds.
从学生那里来 他们自己的资金
But there's a loophole, isn't there?
但是这有一个漏洞 对不对
I'm not sure what you mean.
我不知道你的意思是什么
Veterans. G.I. Bill
老兵的美国♥军♥方教育项目
and DOD Tuition Assistance-- that can be counted
和国防部的教育补助 这些钱可以
as private money on the ten percent side.
看做是自己出的那百分之十
I'm... not sure where we're going with this.
我不明白你想由此说什么
Our client, Maggie Rossum, is a veteran.
我的当事人 玛姬·罗苏姆 是一位老兵
So veterans can go to Colosseum for no money out of pocket.
所以老兵可以不掏自己的一分钱进克鲁斯曼
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表