Didn't you agree to each of the three continuances in your case?
那你有没有同意这三次诉讼延期呢
No.
当然没有
I never agreed. Really?
我从没同意过 真的吗
Because I have transcripts of all three hearings,
因为我这有三次听证会的记录
and every one of them clearly notes:
每一份都清楚表明
"Continuance by agreement."
「同意诉讼延期」
In your brochure for the school,
在你为学校制♥作♥的宣传册上
you write...
你写道
"Park intends to be a city within a city.
「公园大学旨在成为城中城
A student can shop, dine, and even go to a movie
学生足不出校园 就能购物 吃饭
without setting foot off the campus."
甚至看电影」
Is that true?
真是这样吗
Indeed, Park is a good school--
的确 公园大学是个好学校
an excellent one, in fact.
实际上 非常出色
Thanks for pointing that out.
谢谢表扬
But by taking over these public functions,
但由于有了这些公共职能
Park has effectively become a "State actor"
公园大学实际上成了一个「国家行为体」
and should be treated like a public school. Hasn't it?
理应受到与公立大学的同等对待 不是吗
That is a reach.
那只是个范围
Not according to the Supreme Court.
最高法♥院♥可不是这么说的
Evans v. Newton,
埃文斯诉牛顿市案
Marsh v. Alabama.
马什诉阿♥拉♥巴马州案
If I'm not mistaken,
如果我没弄错的话
Yes, and that's exactly
没错 公园大学
what Park has become.
正在向其转变
A state actor.
一个「国家行为体」
You're saying: the more the college takes on
你是说 大学承担越多
governmental responsibilities,
政♥府♥职能
the more it can be treated like an arm of the government.
就越该被当成政♥府♥部门对待
Yes. But I'm not saying that, the Supreme Court is.
没错 但不是我说的 是最高法♥院♥说的
In which case the First Amendment would apply.
第一修正案适用于这种情况
Yes, and Park cannot censor its paper.
是的 所以公园大学无权审查其报纸
Geoffrey, please...
杰弗里 拜托
Hang on.
等等
Mr. Bukovitz, how many times
布科委兹先生 你在
have you appeared before Judge Schakowsky?
法官沙考斯基的法庭上出现过多少次
Lots.
很多
Did Judge Schakowsky ever use his position
法官沙考斯基有没有利用职权之便
to influence your representation of a client?
影响你为当事人的辩护
I don't even know what that means.
我不懂你这是什么意思
Did he ever yell to intimidate you?
他有没有通过吼叫胁迫你
Did he ever badger you to accept a plea deal?
他有没有纠缠让你的当事人认罪
No.
没有
You know you're under oath, Mr. Bukovitz?
你知道你宣过誓了对吧 布科委兹先生
I-I do, Ms. Quinn,
是的 奎恩女士
but I also know Schakowsky is tough.
但我同样知道沙考斯基雷厉风行
He wants to move fast.
他想提高效率
But bond court requires it.
保释法庭也需要效率
What does "Tax" Mean?
「税金」是什么意思
What? Tax.
什么 「税金」
Not tax as in income tax.
不是指那种收入所得税
But what does it mean when Schakowsky taxes you?
沙考斯基法官要收你的「税金」是什么意思
On June 18 of last year, did you tell me
去年的6月18日 你是否告诉过我
that Schakowsky taxed you?
沙考斯基收取了你的税金
I-I don't remember.
我不记得了
There were three other witnesses.
还有其他三位目击证人
I have the affidavits.
我有宣誓书可证明
Look.
听着
Sometimes-- and I mean sometimes--
有时候 我是说有时候
Schakowsky flies off the handle
沙考斯基的确会勃然大怒
and says things that I'm sure he doesn't mean,
说些我肯定他不是有意要说的话
like he'll tax your client.
比如「他会收取你的当事人的税金」
Meaning...?
意思是...
Meaning he'll raise the bond amount.
他会提高保释金额
But it's very rare.
但这种情况少之又少
And what did he raise the bond to
那他收你「税金」的时候
the time he taxed you?
会把金额提高到多少
$250,000.
25万美金
Thank you, Mr. Bukovitz.
谢谢 布科委兹先生
Let me take the cross.
让我来问
It's a bad idea, Your Honor.
这样不好 法官阁下
Not with this witness.
这人我有把握
Trust me.
相信我
Your Honor.
法官阁下
Is Judge Schakowsky intending to question?
沙考斯基法官是打算质询吗
I am, actually. If Your Honor doesn't mind.
没错 如果法官阁下不介意的话
I don't, but I imagine you know all the reasons not to.
不介意 但我想你知道不要这么做的原因
I do.
我知道
So I defer to your better judgment.
所以我希望你有更公正的判断
Have you ever practiced in front of Judge Falcone?
你是否在法尔科内法官的庭上辩护过
Or Judge Marc?
或马克法官
I... yes, a few times.
我...有过几次
If you checked the clerk of the court's annual report,
如果你看过法庭书♥记♥的年度报告
you'd see they set bail, on average,
你就会看到他们设定的保释金额
about ten percent higher than I do.
平均比我设定的还要高10%
Objection, he's testifying.
反对 他在作证
Could you rephrase, Your Honor?
能重说一次吗 法官阁下
With pleasure.
十分乐意
Did you know they set bail, on average,
你知道从平均来说 他们设定的保释金额
about ten percent higher than I did?
要比我设定的高10%吗
Your Honor,
法官阁下
these are very different cases.
这些案子迥然不同
They were felonies and... Mrs. Florrick.
那些人犯得是重罪... 福瑞克夫人
Please don't interrupt.
请不要打断
Thank you.
谢谢
Did Mrs. Florrick ever argue that
福瑞克夫人有没有说过
I hurried her too much in court?
我在法庭上催促她太多次
Objection, relevance.
反对 与本案无关
It puts the motive of the plaintiff in context, Your Honor.
这是从整体角度阐述原告的动机 法官阁下
I'll allow it.
准许提问
Yes, she did argue that.
是 她的确说过
Did you ever think I hurried you too much in court?
你认为我在法庭上有催促过你很多次吗
No.
没有
Did you ever think I set bail too high?
你认为我设定的保释金额太高了吗
No.
没有
Did you ever think I badgered
你认为我纠缠过
the lawyers or their clients? No.
律师或他们的当事人吗 没有
Did you ever observe me
你曾看到过我
infringing on the civil rights of anyone? No.
侵犯任何人的权利吗 没有
Thank you, Mr. Bukovitz.
谢谢 布科委兹先生
Your Honor, I also have affidavits.
法官阁下 我也有书面证词
They're from dozens of lawyers in my court
来自我法庭上的数十位律师
supporting Mr. Bukovitz's observations.
他们都支持布科委兹先生的观点
Okay, thank you.
好 谢谢
I don't need to hear any more here.
我无需再听了
There's evidence that Judge Schakowsky is busy.
有证据证明沙考斯基法官很忙
Perhaps even brusque.
甚至可以说是莽撞
But not that he exceeded his authority.
但并无证据表明他越权了
In which case, his immunity should remain intact.
这样的话 他的豁免权依然有效
The motion to dismiss is granted.
申请撤诉的动议批准
How was Silicon Valley?
硅谷生活怎么样
It was warm.
很暖和
I was surprised you were back.
我很惊讶你回来了
Why didn't you call?
怎么不事先打个电♥话♥
I came by.
我去过你们那了
Alicia didn't tell you?
艾丽西娅没告诉你吗
No.
没有
We need you on a case.
我们有案子给你
Are you sure?
你确定吗
I think Alicia was worried about the money.
我想艾丽西娅担心钱的事
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表