Howard? Hi.
霍华德 你好
Uh, love your coasters.
你的杯垫挺好看的
Big fan of Lincoln.
我是林肯的忠实粉丝
It's George Bernard Shaw.
那是乔治·萧伯纳「英国剧作家」
Big anti-Semite.
我也挺反犹的
What are you doing here, Howard?
你来做什么 霍华德
Need a lawyer.
我要请个律师
Oh, my God, I was such a cow.
我的天 我小时候简直像头牛
Oh, well, don't worry, dear.
别在意这些 亲爱的
Most babies are unattractive.
很多孩子小时候都不招人喜欢
Oh, Jackie.
杰姬
Grandma's helping me pick out family photos
奶奶在帮我一起挑家庭照片
for Dad's campaign ad.
好拿去给爸爸竞选用
Oh, you look so stern in these pictures, Alicia.
你照片上看起来都好严厉啊 艾丽西娅
Uh, there's a Mr. Lyman in the living room.
莱曼先生在客厅里
He said he knew you.
他说他认识你
And Lucca Quinn called.
卢卡·奎恩给你打过电♥话♥
She said they need you in bond court in an hour.
她说一小时后需要你去保释法庭
Okay, thanks.
好的 谢谢
Why do you need a lawyer, Howard?
你为什么要请律师呢 霍华德
They're pushing me out.
他们要逼我走
Cary, that little gerbil,
凯里那小婊砸
told me to take emeritus status.
居然让我退休
Can you imagine that? Me? Huh?
你能想象吗 让我退休
My billings are up double digits.
我的业务量已经上两位数了
Well, not you; your associates.
那靠的可不是你 是你手下的初级律师们
I'm a partner, I'm adding va...
我是合伙人 我能增加...
Whose side are you on, anyway?
不过你到底是站在哪一边啊
My guess is, they're pushing you out because of performance.
我想他们要你走是因为你的表现
You don't do anything, Howard.
你什么都不做 霍华德
Look...
听着...
you know why I'm here.
你知道我来这儿的原因
You want to get back at Lockhart/Agos for firing you;
洛&艾律所开除你 你想报复他们
I want to bring an ageism suit.
我想告他们歧视老年人
We can help each other out.
我们互惠互利
Howard...
霍华德...
let me give you some advice.
我来给你些建议吧
- We on the meter? - No, this is free.
我们现在开始计时收费吗 这是免费的
You can't bring an ageism suit if you quit.
如果你是自己辞职的就告不了他们歧视老年人
You have to be fired.
你得被开除才行
And you can't let them fire you for cause.
而且还不能让他们因为正当原因开除你
So what do I do?
那我要怎么做呢
Work harder.
更努力工作
Bring more money to the firm,
为律所带来更多收益
and they won't have a rationale to fire you.
这样他们就没理由开除你了
Lay the groundwork.
做好前期的准备工作
Keep a journal of every incident of ageism you encounter.
记下每一件你觉得是在歧视老年人的事
With details-- who said or did what.
细节都要记下来 包括是谁说的或做的
And don't give them cause to fire you.
别让他们找到理由开除你
I have to go to bond court.
我得去保释法庭了
Madame.
夫人您好
Did you used to sing?
你以前唱歌♥吗
Excuse me?
什么
Sing.
唱歌♥
You look like someone I used to know at the Civic Opera House.
你看起来很像我曾经认识的芝加哥歌♥剧院的歌♥手
Uh, no.
你认错了
You do have the face of an opera singer.
但你的确长着一张歌♥剧院歌♥手的脸
You are a flirt.
你倒是很会调情
My best quality.
这是我最大的优点
Just a second.
请稍等
Hello. Who is this, please?
你好 请问是谁
It's Eli. Why are you talking like that?
是伊莱 你说话怎么这么奇怪
Uh, talking like what, Mr. Gold?
怎么奇怪了 戈德先生
Like you're... Nothing.
就像你是...没什么
Where are you, Jackie?
你在哪儿呢 杰姬
I need these photos right now.
我现在就需要那些照片
I'm coming directly, Mr. Gold.
我马上就到 戈德先生
Eli, we started.
伊莱 我们开始了
Started? It's 10:20.
开始了 才十点二十
Yeah.
是啊
The meeting was at 10:00.
会议十点开始
Yes, oddly I was told the meeting began at 10:30.
太奇怪了 通知我的开会时间是十点半
Hillary uses Iowa to shore up her base,
希拉里用爱荷华州来巩固她的竞选基础
and we use it to stake out ground to her right.
我们就用它来打入她的核心
Hillary will run the table,
希拉里将主掌大局
and we'll be the only vice presidential option
而我们就是唯一能进入核心的副总统人选
who can pull in the middle. Which is why our theme of the week
这就是为什么我们这周的主题
needs a centerright tilt. "Family first."
需要右倾 「家庭至上」
Show the Florricks as a family who had their troubles
展示出福瑞克一家人在面对困难的时候
but stuck together, came out stronger.
仍能团结在一起 而站起来的时候则更强大
We'll be talking to the Iowa Commission on Family,
我们会去联♥系♥爱荷华州家庭委员会
Catholic Charities...
天主教慈善会...
And of course we'll need Alicia to play ball.
当然我们需要艾丽西娅出席
Oh, Ruth, I already gave you Mrs. Florrick's schedule.
鲁斯 我已经把福瑞克夫人的日程表给你了
Right, six days over the next two months.
是啊 接下来两个月只有六天时间
Carl, we'll talk about this later.
卡拉 我们过会儿再说这事
Uh, I just want to know,
我只想知道
why is she controlling the governor's agenda?
凭什么要让她来决定州长的日程呢
Why are we dancing to her tune?
为什么我们要事事迁就她呢
No one is dancing to anyone's tune.
没有谁迁就谁
Alicia has a job, she has responsibilities.
艾丽西娅有工作 她有自己的职责
Right, responsibilities,
是啊 职责
like defending murderers and deadbeat dads.
为杀人犯和不负责任的爸爸们辩护
Carl, that's enough.
卡拉 够了
I'm sure Eli's already talked to Alicia about all this.
我相信这些伊莱都已经跟艾丽西娅说过了
Have you, Eli?
你说过了吗 伊莱
Have I talked to her about defending murderers
是跟她说过为杀人犯辩护的事
or how many days she's giving the campaign?
还是她为竞选空出多少天的事
- How many days... - I want to hear from Ruth.
-多少天... -我想听鲁斯说
I'm sure she can talk for herself.
我想她自己能说
We need more days, Eli.
我们需要她空出更多时间 伊莱
Twice as many.
起码两倍
I want you to stay here, Eli.
我希望你能留在这儿 伊莱
Run Alicia's rehabilitation from right here.
就在这儿帮艾丽西娅开始她的洗白之路
From where? You have my office.
在哪帮 我的办公室已经被你占了
Your new office.
你的新办公室
Oh, yeah, just a sec.
稍等一下
How nice.
真不错
A little tight; we're looking for something bigger.
有点儿挤 我们在找大一点的地方
But I know it's all about the work for you.
这都是为了能让你好好工作
You can't harass me out of my job.
你不能靠挤兑我让我放弃工作
Now, why would I want to do that?
我为什么要那么做
It'll be much more fun watching you come
每天看着你来办公室
into the office every day.
比赶你走有趣多了
Oh, and we need Mrs. Florrick
我们要福瑞克夫人去参加
to appear on Mama's Homespun Cooking.
「妈妈的家传秘方」
I'm sorry, what?
什么
Mama's Homespun Cooking.
「妈妈的家传秘方」
It's a cooking show.
是一档烹饪节目
Daughters learn recipes from their moms.
女儿们在节目里跟妈妈学做菜
You want Alicia and Veronica to do a cooking show?
你想让艾丽西娅和维罗妮卡去参加厨艺秀
Yeah, "Family first," "Traditional values."
没错 「家庭至上」 「坚持传统」
Generational post-feminist respect.
尊重代代相传的后女性者
Hillary with the chocolate chip cookies.
就像希拉里的巧克力曲奇饼干
Yes, yes.
没错
Hillary with the chocolate chip cookies.
希拉里的巧克力曲奇饼干
And what if I said Alicia and Veronica would never do that?
如果我跟你说她们不可能去参加这种秀呢
Then I would ask you to be a professional and convince them.
那我要求你拿出职业精神说服她们去
Sure.
好吧
Congratulations, gentlemen, you may think you're poor,
恭喜了 先生们 或许你们自以为穷
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表