Hey, where's Lucca?
卢卡去哪了
I don't know.
我不知道
Wasn't she here helping you?
她不是在这里帮你忙吗
I think they needed her on another case.
应该是另一个案子需要她
Here she is.
她来了
Oh, Lu... What?
卢...什么
No, right there...
不 就在那里...
Excuse me. What's going on?
不好意思 这是怎么回事
We have a warrant authorizing the search of these premises
我们有搜查令授权在这里进行
for the missing Foil prototype.
「浮游」样机的搜查工作
Ah, wait. Hold on. We're Mr. Howell's attorneys.
等等 别急 我们是霍维尔先生的律师
Anything you find here is work product,
你们在这里找到的都是工作物品
and, therefore, privileged.
因此是受特权保护的
This also happens to be Howell's place of work,
这里刚好也是霍维尔先生的工作场所
so, yes, we're authorized.
所以我们有权搜查这里
Mr. Howell's cubicle is downstairs.
霍维尔先生的工作隔间在楼下
Your search will be confined to his work space
你们的搜查工作只限于他的工作区域
and will be supervised by one of us.
并受我们中一人监管
No ma'am. As IT specialist,
不是这样的 作为IT专家
he has access to every cubicle and office on the premises,
他有权进入这里的每一个工作隔间与办公室
so we'll search where we like. Excuse me.
所以我们想搜哪里就搜哪里 请见谅
They won't find anything.
他们会一无所获的
How can you be sure?
你怎么这么肯定
Because I have it.
因为样机在我这里
You were told multiple times the firm
我们跟你说了很多次
would have nothing to do with this device.
律所和这台样机没有任何牵连
I didn't take it to help broker a sale.
我这么做不是为了促成买♥♥卖♥♥
It all happened in the moment.
事情都发生在一瞬间
When they arrested him,
当他们来逮捕他时
Howell panicked and stashed it in my cubicle.
霍维尔慌了 就把它藏在我的隔间
They're losing the probable cause hearing.
他们在合理依据听证会没胜算
This is their pushback.
这是在垂死挣扎
We should give them their device.
我们应当把样机给他们
We can't do that. It's bound up in attorney-client privilege.
不能那样做 这受律师委托人保密特权约束
We should talk.
我们需要谈谈
Alicia, do you have a minute?
艾丽西娅 你有空吗
So, we have to find a working rhythm here again.
是这样的 我们得找回这里的工作模式
I know. The Howell case got a bit out of hand.
我懂 霍维尔的案子是有点失控
No, it's bigger than that.
不 比这事更严重
Okay.
好吧
When Cary suggested
当凯里建议
that you come back, I wasn't against it,
让你回来时 我没有反对
but I was afraid that there might be a few bumps.
但我害怕你我之间会出现冲突
Which bumps might those be?
会有什么冲突
A certain independence
你有点不受管束
and a resistance to oversight.
并且有错不认
Okay.
好吧
Tell me how you would like me to improve.
你想让我怎么改进
Lucca isn't your associate.
卢卡不是你的律师
She is the firm's associate.
是我们律所的律师
I understand.
我明白
She caught the Howell case with me, so I thought
霍维尔的案子是我和她一起立的 于是我想
the associate that caught the case stays with the case.
立案的律师应该继续参与到案子中
Sometimes.
有时是这样
If the partners agree.
如果合伙人同意的话
I see. I'm sorry.
我明白了 抱歉
I should have checked with you first. Anything else?
我应当先征求你的同意 还有别的事吗
Lucca needs to know that she is answerable to the firm,
卢卡应该知道自己是效力于律所的
and not just to you.
而不是只听你的
And that's why you have her on the Dipple case?
所以你才把她调去处理迪普尔的案子吗
No. I have her on the Dipple case
不 我调她去处理迪普尔的案子
because we needed an associate on the Dipple case.
是因为我们需要人去处理迪普尔的案子
Diane,
戴安
I'm thrilled to be back.
很高兴我能回到这里
I want to be of service.
我想为律所出一份力
But I also return with some cases,
但我同样给律所带来了案子
clients and knowledge.
客户以及经验
You mean, in bond court?
你是指在保释法庭的经验吗
Yes,
没错
I do mean in bond court.
是在保释法庭的经验
Lucca is good.
卢卡是个好律师
She's smart and forward-leaning
她聪明 稳重
and a prodigy.
天赋异禀
And with respect,
恕我直言
she shouldn't be given grunt work.
她现在有点大材小用了
Your advice is welcome.
我们接受你的建议
The partners will consider it.
合伙人这边会考虑看看的
Thank you.
谢谢
Anything else?
还有别的事吗
No, you can go.
没了 你可以走了
Hypothetical, Mr. Gross.
假设一下 格罗斯先生
Suppose I knew where the Foil prototype was.
假如我知道「浮游」的样机在哪里
Melodramatic opening,
很戏剧化的开场
but I'm listening.
我听着呢
If I could convince my client to return it,
如果我能让我的客户归还它
would you convince TAPS to drop the charges?
你会让技术联盟保护协会撤诉吗
I would on the condition
如果他能告诉我
that he also tell me exactly how he got it.
他是怎么得到样机的 我就撤诉
No.
不行
Then we have nothing to hypothetically negotiate.
那就没什么要去做假设性的协商了
Dudewitz is right about you.
杜德维茨对你的评价很正确
You think you're so indispensable
你觉得自己对现代社会的构成
to the fabric of modern society
是如此的必不可少
that you've even bought your own a police force
以致于你甚至组建了自己的专属警力
to do your dirty work under color of law.
打着执法的旗号♥做些见不得人的事
Goliath stomping David, right?
你觉得我在以大欺小 对吧
You know what these TAPS agents are, Mrs. Florrick?
你知道技术联盟保护协会是什么吗 福瑞克夫人
They are heroes.
他们是英雄
Really?
真的吗
And why is that, Mr. Gross?
为什么这么说 格罗斯先生
Because the Goliaths are the new Davids.
因为长江后浪推前浪
The model of scruffy kids toiling in a garage
车♥库♥里劳碌的邋遢小子
is a quaint anachronism.
已经是过去式了
This isn't 1953, 1973
现在不是1953年 1973年
or even 2003.
也不是2003年
The great innovations today
如今的伟大创新
are coming out of corporate labs, not garages.
都是出自企业的实验室 而不是小小的车♥库♥
Everyone thinks Goliath is the villain,
所有人都觉得大公♥司♥是恶棍
but the truth is that today,
可如今的世道演变成
more often than not, he is a victim.
大公♥司♥更多时候扮演的是受害者
And he needs protection.
大公♥司♥需要保护
Objection. Relevance, not to mention self-aggrandizing.
反对 与本案无关 更不用说他在夸大其词了
Let's get back to probable cause, Ms. Gades.
让我们回到合理依据上吧 加德斯先生
Uh, Harris...
哈里斯...
they're back.
又有蚂蚁了
I have another call in, Your Honor.
我忙着呢 法官阁下
Well, they seem to be getting bigger.
它们看上去变大了
Your Honor, may I continue?
法官阁下 我能继续吗
Go for it.
继续吧
Was the leak of the Foil
「浮游」的泄露
a marketing stunt, as Anthony Dudewitz alleges?
是如安东尼·杜德维茨所断言的营销手段吗
Hmm. Anthony's currency is, um, conspiracy theories.
安东尼的言论是阴谋论
They make for fun segments on Discovery Channel,
那些是用来在探索频道当笑料的
but they don't comport with reality.
与现实没什么联♥系♥
No. No, this was not a marketing stunt.
所以这并不是营销手段
But this incident has garnered
但这次意外有让
publicity for the Foil, has it not?
公众关注到「浮游」 是吧
I can generate publicity
我能用一百万种方法
in a million different ways.
来赢得公众的注意力
I'm a carnival barker, remember?
我可会吆喝了 记得吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表