剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表
That said, I...
我理解你所承受的生理上的压力
I know the biological pressure you're under.
但如果
So what if...
-这不是个好理由... -不不 当然不是
- That's not a reason to-- - No, no, of course not.
只是 我就在这 我能帮助你
I just, um-- here I am, able to help.
-帮不上让我感觉... -嗯
- Not helping feels... - No, yeah.
我明白
I get it.
我的确想过这个问题
I mean, I have thought about it.
-是吗 -不是
- You have? - Oh, no.
我是说 这想法浮现过
I mean, I've--I've thought about it,
但我没有仔细考虑
but I haven't, like, thought about it.
没错
Right.
只是现在要想冻卵还有生子的事很辛苦
Yeah, it's just a lot to put on this and on us at this time.
-希望我们能到那一步 -是啊
- Hopefully we'll get there. - Yeah.
我只是不想让我们失去机会
I just don't wanna lose our chance.
就是今天了 海伦 准备好了吗
It's E-day, Helen. Ready to go?
其实我觉得自己还需要点时间
Actually, I think I just need a little bit more time.
最晚到下午五点
You can have till 5:00 P.M.
超过的话 无论是否受精
Any longer, we'll miss our chance to retrieve
都没机会取出任何卵子了
any eggs at all, fertilized or not.
那五点见
I'll see you at five?
计财处的桑德拉·福尔 近来如何
Sandra Fall from billing. How goes it?
我丈夫申请了离婚
Uh, my husband filed for divorce,
-他要带走狗 -真遗憾
- and he's taking the dog. - Oh, I'm sorry.
不用 他俩挺般配的
Don't be. They deserve each other.
请签名
Signature, please.
好的
Sure.
我会签任何
Uh, you know, I would sign just about
所有你递给我的东西
anything you put in front of me,
但就是好奇 我刚刚签的是什么
but out of curiosity, what did I just sign?
允许医院将拖欠的医疗账单
Uh, permission for the hospital to sell
出♥售♥给出价最高的人
delinquent medical bills to the highest bidder.
为什么要这么做啊
To do what now?
-这是卡伦·布兰特利的指示 -失陪一下
- They are orders from Karen Brantley. - Excuse me.
不好意思
I'm sorry. Excuse me.
抱歉
Forgive me, sorry. Um, yeah.
批准启动名为
"Approval to institute a trial program
「资产回收承诺」的实验计划
known as 'the asset reclamation commitment.'"
简称ARC 好的简称很重要
ARC, for short. Love a good acronym.
这个叫法就更委婉了
Oh, well, that's an even better euphemism.
资产回收
Asset reclamation.
这个计划将我们病人的债务
This program sells our patients' debt
卖♥♥给回收机构
to collection agencies.
是的 这样我们就可以
Yes, so that we may be reimbursed
从他们拖欠的医疗账单中得到补偿
for their delinquent medical bills.
问题是 病人来这里是为了获得治疗
The thing is, people come here for care,
这会让他们破产的
and this is what bankrupts them.
这家医院目前的未偿债务
This hospital currently holds six figures
是六位数
in outstanding debt,
很快就到七位数了
and we're steaming towards seven.
是时候做些什么了
It's time to do something about it.
但不能这样
Not this.
我们找到一家机构愿意支付债务百分之五的钱
We found an agency that can get five cents on the dollar for our debt.
这都是真金白银 麦克斯
That's real money, Max.
想想你能用来做多少好事
Think of all the good you can do with it.
如果我能做得更好呢
What if I can do better?
收回债务百分之六的钱
Six cents on the dollar guaranteed,
而且没有人破产
and nobody goes bankrupt.
就让我试一下
Just let me try.
先从这一堆开始
Start with this batch.
你有24小时
You have 24 hours.
谢谢
Thank you.
看哈珀给卡普尔叔叔做了什么
Look at what Harper made for cool Uncle Kapoor.
天哪
Oh, God.
-你怎么了 -这是个烟灰缸吗
- What are you doing? - Is it an ashtray?
是的 维贾伊
Oh, yes. Yes, Vijay.
我五岁的女儿在学校给你做了个烟灰缸
My five-year-old daughter made you an ashtray in school
给你放烟头的
for all your cigarette butts.
这是个镇纸 老兄
It's a paperweight, man.
那为什么有槽
Why does it have grooves?
我不知道 可能真是个烟灰缸
I don't know. Maybe it is an ashtray.
但这就是哈珀作品的美丽之处
But you know, that--that's the beauty of Harper's work.
每件作品的功能因使用者
The functionality of each piece truly does lie
-而不同 -我的办公桌真的太乱了
- in the eye of the beholder. - My desk is really very messy.
我的四个孩子都很喜欢搞艺术
I have four kids all dabbling heavily in the arts, all right?
我的办公桌99%都是浆糊 拜托收下吧
My desk is 99% paste and pasta. Come on.
况且 你不能拒绝一个孩子的礼物
Plus, you can't pass on a gift from a child.
其实好像是你不能拒绝一个孩子的礼物
Actually, it sounds that you can't pass on a gift from a child.
伊根医生
Hey, Dr. Eagan!
你还抽烟的 对吧
You're still a big smoker, right?
-欢迎光临班... -早 埃拉
- Bonjour from--Pain... - Good morning, Ella.
你想喝点什么
What would you like?
我想再次道歉
I would like to again apologize.
我从来不是想暗示你和我儿子...
I never meant to imply that you and my son...
2.75美元
$2.75.
他很可爱吧
Isn't he amazing?
我一般不偏爱谁
I don't usually play favorites,
但你的儿子真的是完美
but your son is perfect.
萨布丽娜 可以让我们谈一分钟吗
Sabrina, would you just give us a minute?
阿彻先生 我是古德温医生
Mr. Archer, I'm, uh, Dr. Goodwin.
这间医院的医疗主任
Medical director of this hospital.
有什么事吗
Is everything okay?
这份文件说琳是你的代♥孕♥
Your paperwork said that Lyn is your surrogate?
她也是我最好的朋友
She's also my best friend.
但是你付钱让她怀孕了是吗
But you paid her to carry the child?
是的 我们有个合同
Yes. Uh, we have a contract.
恐怕代♥孕♥合同
Yeah, I'm afraid that, uh, surrogacy contracts
在纽约州是不合法的
aren't valid in the state of New York,
法律规定婴儿属于生母
so by law the baby belongs to the birth mother,
所以没有她的同意 我们不能把孩子给你
and we can't legally give him to you without her permission.
那就问她 她会跟你们说的
Then just ask her. She'll tell you.
怎么了
What?
我们以为分娩能减轻琳的高血压
We thought delivering the baby would relieve Lyn's hypertension,
但到现在还没有好转
but so far it hasn't.
我们正在尽我们所能
We're doing everything that we can,
但是她还没有恢复意识
but, uh, she hasn't regained consciousness.
-等一下 -对不起 迈克尔
- Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. - I'm sorry, Michael.
我知道这很难 但这里的护士
I know this is hard, but the nurses here
会照顾好他的
are gonna take amazing care of him.
你不是认真的吧 你要带走他吗
You can't be serious. You're taking him now?
迈克尔 听我说
Michael, listen to me.
我会尽我所能地帮你
I'm gonna do everything that I can to help you.
但现在 我们要带他走
But right now, we need to take him.
我不需要心理医生 我有合同
I don't need a shrink. I have a contract.
我签了字 琳也签了字
I signed it. Lyn signed it.
上面还有公章
It was notarized.
你看 她想让我抚养罗宾
See, she wanted me to have Robin.
我知道她想
Well, I know she did.
但事实是 这是一份新泽西州的合同
But the fact remains that this is a New Jersey contract.
我知道 但是 好吧 你看这
I know that but--but, okay, here.
「双方同意
"The--the parties agree that the jurisdiction
任何关于托管争议的管辖权
"for resolution of any custodial dispute
应属新泽西州法♥院♥」
shall vest in the court in the state of New Jersey."
不是纽约 是新泽西 好吗
Not New York. Jersey, okay?
好 好 我听见了
Okay, okay. I hear you.
别着急
Slow down.
迈克尔 深呼吸
Michael, take a breath.
-抱歉 -没事
- I'm sorry. - It's okay.
不 不 我很抱歉
No, no, no, I'm sorry.
我理解
I understand.
只是 那是新泽西
剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表