剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表
but they didn't pay for any of the post op medications.
这讲不通啊
Doesn't make any sense.
那些药每个月得花九千美元不止
The pills, they cost over $9,000 a month.
我们教会发起了一次筹款 但杯水车薪
Our church held a fundraiser, but it wasn't enough.
好吧 然后呢
Okay. And?
我们就开始
We, uh, started
拉长给药时间
spreading out the pills.
比方说
Like,
隔天才给他一颗药
just giving him one every other day.
我们是想让药维持下去
We were trying to make them last.
这就是吉米发病的原因
that's what made Jimmy sick.
都怪我们
We did this.
我想说的是
Well, I mean...
自责很简单
it's real easy to blame yourselves.
却不能让吉米好起来 对吧
That's not going to make Jimmy better, okay?
我们得确认今后不会再发生这样的事
We just need to make sure that it never happens again.
好吗
All right?
但还会发生的
But it will.
我们买♥♥不起那些药
We can't afford the pills.
我们还能做些什么
Now what are we supposed to do?
我只是在例行公务
I'm just doing my job. Walter's living will
沃尔特的心愿是
specifically states any and all known
所有治疗方法都值得一试
medical treatments should be explored.
没问题 但希拉怎么解释
Okay. But Sheila?
你不会真的认为那位可人的女士是绑匪吧
You can't honestly think that that sweet lady's a kidnapper.
她把他从住处弄了出来
She removed him from his residence
-然后跟他跑了 -他们相爱了
- and ran away with him. - They're in love.
听着 我只是想保护沃尔特
Look, I'm just trying to protect Walter
让他不用经历我总能见到的那些事
from the story I see all the time.
一个又孤独又脆弱的老头
An older man, alone, vulnerable,
-遇到一个年轻点的女人 -她都75岁了
- meets a younger woman-- - She's 75.
无论25或75岁 她希望他停止癌症治疗
25 or 75, she wants him to stop his cancer treatment.
现在 我得替他做医疗决定
Now, I've been granted his healthcare decisions
因为坦白讲 他的医疗代理什么都不管
because frankly, his healthcare proxy was asleep at the wheel.
所以我来到这 尽我所能
So here I am doing the best I can.
我能理解
I can appreciate that.
所以 告诉我
So, tell me.
停止治疗对沃尔特来说是最好的选择吗
Is stopping treatment in Walter's best interest?
医学上来讲 不是
Medically, no.
但我必须尊重病人的意愿
But I have to respect the patient's wishes.
从法律上讲 你得尊重我的意愿
Well, legally, you have to respect my wishes.
尽管沃尔特是个大♥麻♥烦
And even though Walter's a pain in the ass,
我只想让他活下去
I'm just trying to keep him alive.
他想要我的命
He's trying to kill me.
如果是卡尔说了算
If it were left up to Carl
我会孤零零地烂在自己的公♥寓♥里
I would be alone, rotting in my apartment,
把自己的生命消耗殆尽
having the life drained out of me.
他做的是他认为最好的事
He's doing what he thinks is best.
他觉得是希拉逼我的
He thinks Sheila pushed me.
整件事都是我自己的主意
The whole thing was my idea.
很不幸 法律可能不会这样认为
Unfortunately the law may not see it that way.
我在世上活不了多长时间了
I don't have a lot of time left on this earth.
法律不会让我按自己的意愿生活
And the law won't let me live the way I want to.
那是不对的
That ain't right.
也许我们可以做点什么
Maybe there is something that we can do.
让法律站在我们这边
Get the law on our side.
-麦克斯 -什么事
- Yo, Max! - How can I help?
你在试图改变美国医疗的
Change the fundamental idiocracy
-愚蠢现状吗 -我努力着呢
-of American healthcare? - I'm working on it.
我这有个孩子 刚接受了心脏移植
I've got this kid, just had a heart transplant,
他们家负担不起术后药物的费用
Family can't afford the post op meds.
他们的财务状况如何
What's their financial profile?
已婚 家庭稳定
Married, stable.
他爸是个保安 一年大约挣四万五千英镑
Dad's a security guard who pulls in about 45K a year.
他家情况超过了医疗补助标准
Too much to qualify for Medicaid.
还有社区护理基金的
Or the Community Care Fund.
我们可以在短期内帮助他们
Well, we can help them in the short term
但他们需要一个长♥期♥的解决方案
but they need a long term solution.
这就是工人阶级 被夹在社会中间
Working class, just caught in the middle.
也许还有办法
Maybe not.
你可以离婚
You could get a divorce.
你在开玩笑吗
Is this a joke?
如果帕特丽夏是个没有收入的单身妈妈
Look, if Patricia is a single mom with no income,
她和吉米就有资格申请医疗补助了
she and Jimmy could qualify for Medicaid.
而医疗补助将支付吉米的药费
And Medicaid would cover the cost of Jimmy's medication.
但我们彼此相爱
But we love each other.
没人怀疑你们的感情
Well, no one's questioning that.
作为天主教♥徒♥ 我们甚至不支持离婚
And as Catholics we don't even believe in divorce.
你不能要求我们打破一些牢不可破的东西
You can't ask us to break something that's unbreakable.
-我甚至不能 -我很抱歉
- I--I can't even-- - I'm sorry.
只是 体系还不完善
It's just, uh, the system is flawed.
解决办法也很奇怪 但我想不出更好的了
And so is the solution, but I can't think of a better one.
去离婚 救你们的儿子
Get divorced, save your son.
发生什么事了
What happened?
不知道 刚有人呼我
I don't know, I just got the page.
心率140 脉搏测得血压90
Heart rate 140. BP 90 over palp.
呼吸频率22
Respiratory rate 22.
她上班时昏倒了
She collapsed at work.
急诊刚把她送来 有感染史吗
EMS just dropped off. Any history of infection?
没有
No, none.
她心跳很快 低血压 摸起来有点热
She's tachy, hypotensive, warm to the touch.
-是败血症吗 -她的空肠造口管周围
- Sepsis? - She has a hot, red,
有发烫的红斑疹
macular rash around her j-tube.
-是蜂窝组织炎 -看起来像是
- Cellulitis. - Looks like it.
这是可以预防的 海伦 你手下的人
That's preventable. Helen, your people let her
就让她带着感染出院吗 下一个又会是谁
walk out with an infection? Who's next?
麦克斯 我叫你过来因为你是她的朋友
Max, I paged you here as her friend,
不是作为她的医生
not as her doctor.
带她去创伤一室
Let's get her to Trauma One!
情况在我掌控之内
I've got this under control.
是吗
Do you?
我给你一分钟时间好好想想你刚才说的话
I'm gonna give you a minute to think about what you just said.
麦克斯
Max.
-上分娩课吗 -我会去的
- Birthing class? - I'll be there.
好的
Okay.
她怎么样了
How is she?
她很稳定 但还没脱离危险
She's stable, but not out of the woods.
她今早上在咳嗽
Yeah. She was coughing this morning
-但没有迹象表明... -恶化常有发生
- but there was no indication-- - Setbacks happen.
你说败血症是种恶化吗
You're calling sepsis a setback?
你就是这么道歉的吗
Is this your way of apologizing?
她当时还在自嘲她的症状
She was laughing at her symptoms.
今早上化疗的时候 大家都在笑
This morning in chemo. Everyone was laughing,
我本可以做些什么的
and I could've done something.
我本可以找人来的
I could've gotten someone.
她当时在笑自己的症状
She was laughing at her symptoms.
她是因为有这些症状才笑的 麦克斯
She was laughing because of her symptoms, Max.
这不一样
There's a difference.
One, two, three, four, five.
不是
No.
再试试54321呢
Five, four, three, two, one?
不对
No.
你能想到其他五位数的密♥码♥吗
Can you think of any other five digit password?
我检查完你的电子邮件 你就可以走了
As soon as I scan your email you're free to go.
我想帮你 但我很少用电子邮件
I want to help you but I rarely use email.
说实话 我以为那只是一时的流行
Honestly, I thought it was a passing trend.
那你用什么
What do you use?
一杯茶和一段对话
A cup of tea and a conversation.
你...你后背不舒服吗
Is--is it your back that's bothering you?
或许我能帮你
Maybe I can help.
你想帮忙吗
You wanna help?
剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表