剧集 | 超女 | 导航列表
我觉得这个外星人不只是想乘分离舱跑路
I'm guessing this alien didn't want just another ride.
氪星分离舱利用反物质来推进它们穿越太空
Kryptonian pods use antimatter to propel them through space,
我知道这个猜测很大胆 但是...
and I know it's a long shot, but...
引擎能用来...
can the engine be used...
做炸♥弹♥吗
To make a bomb?
那要求高超的技巧以及庞大的资源
It would require great skill and enormous resources.
但这是有可能的
But it is possible.
破坏性如何
How destructive?
足以摧毁跨越三个太阳系的所有生命
Strong enough to destroy all life across three solar systems.
这下好了
Oh, well...
我们面临着一个更严重的问题
We face an even graver problem,
超女的披风毁了
Supergirl's cape has been destroyed.
是的
Oh, yes, uh...
我完全忘记了
I totally forgot about the risk to life
三个太阳系的生命岌岌可危
across three solar systems.
现在不是讽刺的时候
This is no time for sarcasm,
无论你的笑话多冷多幽默
however dry or well-crafted.
超女的披风专为高速的
Supergirl's cape is uniquely suited for the needs
超级英雄行动所设计
of high-speed superhero maneuvers.
相信我 当变形族从塔科隆盖托斯星球
And believe me, when a Farfarmniflatch is pursuing you
恶名昭著的监狱一路追击你的时候
across the poisonous prison pits of Takron-Galtos,
你会怀念以前那些
you will wish for those heady days of old
穿着披风可以急速右转弯的美好时光
when your cape allowed you for an easy sharp right turn.
没错
Oh, yes.
我
I...
我会修补你的披风
I shall repair your cape.
我们会忘记披风挂彩的灾难
And we will forget this sartorial disaster ever occurred.
我们会抓到幕后黑手
We'll get whoever's behind this.
阿根廷首都
我父亲负责布宜诺斯艾利斯的黑曜石总部
My father runs Obsidian headquarters in Buenos Aires.
他和伊隆叔叔的太空殖民竞争
He's consumed with the space colonization rivalry
弄得他身心疲惫
with Uncle Elon.
-马斯克 -这倒是对我有好处
- Musk? - Which works in my favor
因为我爸把整个虚拟
because Dad turned the entire virtual
和增强现实的业务都交给了我
and augmented reality business over to me.
这是我们的虚拟现实健身房♥
This is our VR gym,
我们的大客户可以在我们的办公室里
where our VIP customers can scale El Capitan
安全地攀登酋长岩
from the safety of our office.
如果他们和我一样
Or if they're like me,
也可以在圣保罗海滩上
they can do a couple of half-baked crunches
随便做几个卷腹
on the Sao Paulo beach...
同时浏览社交平台上的照片
...while scrolling through Instagram on their phones.
这里是我们新的医疗区
Here's our new medical wing.
我很高兴能拿到这个工作机会 罗哈斯小姐
I am so excited for this opportunity, Ms. Rojas.
是的
As you should be.
这是一个特殊的时刻
This is a special moment in time.
在今年之内 我下决心要让每家每户
I'm determined to have Obsidian tech in every household
都能拥有黑曜石科技
within the year.
这跟我的业务有冲突呢
Well, my worlds are colliding.
-莉娜 -看来你很有用人的眼光
- Lena. - I see you have a good eye for staffing.
你知道我只和最优秀的人做生意
Well, you know I only do business with the best.
你对我给你的合同满意吗
Are you enjoying the contacts I gave you?
我们能单独聊两句吗
Could we talk privately?
-我们说好的 -没错
- We had a deal. - That's right.
13亿美元买♥♥下凯特科全球媒体公♥司♥
CatCo Worldwide Media for $1.3 billion.
虽然我的董事会认为出价过高
A little more than my board thought it was worth,
但我心软 老朋友有需要 我就出手
but I'm a softie for an old friend in need.
我是在说我们谈好的条件
I'm talking about the deal
明天再公布我把凯特科卖♥♥掉的秘密
to keep the CatCo sale secret until tomorrow.
结果你已经走马上任了
Instead you're upstairs measuring the drapes.
抱歉我惹到你了
Well, I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers.
我以为早几个小时公布不会有什么区别
I didn't think a few hours would make a difference.
听着
Look...
我希望我们能有个良好的开端
I want us to start off on the right foot here.
凯特科并不是我们合作的终点
CatCo isn't the end all of what we can offer each other.
我同意
I agree.
如果我们要再次合作
If we are to have a relationship again,
而我要求你不要在24小时内透露某件事
and I ask you not to disclose something for 24 hours,
我希望你认真对待我的话
I expect you to take me at my word.
我做每件事都有我的目的
Everything I do has a purpose.
-明白了 -不要再制♥造♥惊喜了
- Understood. - Just no more surprises.
你答应给我的轰动新闻
And that big story you promised me,
能吸引全世界的眼球
the one that would draw every eyeball in the world
关注凯特科的网站
to CatCo's website?
然后你就不会再插手公♥司♥
So long your hands were kept clean of it.
我答应过你 明晚9点可以拿到
You'll get it tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m. as promised.
我说到做到
I keep my word.
看看这间办公室
This room, look at this room....
人才济济
It's practically overflowing with talent.
新闻业最优秀聪明的人物
Journalism's best and brightest.
明天 我们将迎来著名的威廉·戴
And tomorrow, we'll be joined by the renowned William Day.
-《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》的那位吗 -是的
- From The Times of London? - Yes.
虽说我们已经羽翼丰满
Because as stacked as we are already,
但我们可以发展得更加壮大
we can always be bigger.
做到更强更好
We can always be stronger. We can always be better.
我们携手一起
And together,
将会创造一家世界级的新闻机构
we're gonna create a world-class news organization
推动消费者跨平台参与
that drives consumer cross-platform engagement.
对不起
I'm sorry, uh...
-消费者跨平台... -参与
- consumer cross-platform... - Engagement.
瞩目度 营业额
Eyeballs, revenue,
各位目前的工作已然十分优秀
we're gonna take your already-brilliant work
我们会进一步精进你们的业务 做到极致
and we are gonna sharpen it until it's deadly,
然后我们再把它变现
and we're gonna monetize it.
我很尊敬您 罗哈斯女士
With all due respect, Ms. Rojas,
不过在这里
we don't allow revenue
我们不会让营业额来影响编辑决策
to drive editorial decisions here.
看得出来
And it shows.
一直以来都是你在掌控方向 詹姆斯
You've been running the ship, James.
订阅量发展如何
How's subscribership?
降低了
It's down.
谁希望这样呢
Who wants that?
丹弗斯女士获得普利策奖之后
When Ms. Danvers won the Pulitzer,
阅读量严重降低
readership tanked.
这让人们有种印象
It gives a certain kind of impression that
我们的报纸很迂腐
the paper is pedantic,
沉重 无聊 像作业一样
it's heavy, it's dull, like homework.
太夸张了吧
That's insane.
不 卡拉
No, Kara...
夸张的是你们通过品牌塑造
what's insane is branding a company
打造了一个让人们想点击关闭的网站
in a way that causes people to click away from the site.
新闻不在于点击量
The news is not about clicks.
一切都在于点击量
Everything is about clicks.
从《财富》五百强公♥司♥销♥售♥产品
From Fortune 500 companies selling their wares
到新妈妈发布宝宝生日的照片
to a new mom posting her child's birthday,
如今 价值的衡量标准就是点击量
today the measure of worth is on a click.
为了存活下去 凯特科需要转型
To survive, CatCo needs to pivot.
营业额直线下降的同时
Attention spans have plummeted
大家的注意力持续时间也大大缩短
along with revenues.
读者想要的是茶水间新闻
Readers want watercooler news
读来有趣 便于消化
that's just fun to read and just as easy to digest.
这...
That, um...
我认为我可以代表在座所有人说一句
I'm pretty sure I can speak for everybody in the room
如果你想做的就是这样的内容
when I say that if that is the kind of content that you wanna create here,
我们会走人
we will walk.
我们进公♥司♥不是为了做这个
This is not what we signed up for.
但本来就是
But it literally is.
你们都签订了全新的三年合约
You're all on a brand-new, three-year contract.
如果你们不打算
If you're not interested
帮助我让凯特科走向未来
in helping me drive CatCo into the future,
你们完全可以选择离职
剧集 | 超女 | 导航列表