看起来他们想把什么红色的东西盖住
Yeah, looks like they were trying to cover up something that was in red.
而且他们打算再刷一层涂料
And they were gonna do another coat.
公♥司♥说 有人朝窗户扔了块砖头
Well, company said somebody threw a brick through the window.
也许他们还进来搞破坏了
Maybe they came in and vandalized the inside, as well.
我们看看他们涂了什么
Let's see what they painted over.
嘿 Kens Jack Tanaka刚在医院给我发了消息
Hey, Kens. I just got word from Jack Tanaka at the hospital.
他不知他爸爸还有一份木匠工作
It turns out he didn't know about his dad's carpentry job,
但是他并不意外 这些年他爸爸一直在做类似的工作
but it didn't surprise him. His dad has taken jobs like that through the years.
好的 Tanaka中尉的情况怎么样
Okay. And do we have an update on Lieutenant Tanaka's condition?
他还没有醒
He still hasn't regained consciousness,
但医生认为生命指征变化良好
but the doctors have seen some positive signs in his vitals.
好的 随时联♥系♥
All right. Well, keep us posted.
好的
Will do.
Jack Tanaka现在可太糟心了
What an awful spot for Jack Tanaka to be in.
只能坐在父亲的病床边
You're sitting there by your dad's side,
什么都做不了
and there is nothing you can do to help him.
- 是 但我觉得他爸爸知道他在身边 - 是的
- Yeah. I think that he knows he's by his side. - Right.
你知道吗 我想说
You know, I-I know that...
我们都想好了...
we said that we were open to, um...
我的意思是
I guess my-my point is
我们还没真的考虑好
that I don't think we put the proper thought in...
就是还没交谈过
I mean, we haven't even begun to have the conversation.
- 需要真正的讨论 - 讨论收养一个
- It's more of a discussion... - What, about the fact of being open
和我们不同种族的孩子吗
to raising a child outside of our race?
你看 又是这样 我想示弱
See, there it is. Right there. I'm trying to be delicate,
而你就像一头喝醉的老象直接撞过去了
and you just stumble right through it like a big old drunk elephant.
- 喝醉的大象 不是吧 - 一头又老又醉的大象
- Drank elephant? Excuse me. - A big old drunk elephant.
- 我是认真的 - 嗯 我知道
- I'm serious. - Yeah, no. I know.
我也同样觉得
I've been feeling the same way,
这是我们需要讨论的
and I do think that this is something we need to talk about.
我们填表的时候我一点都没犹豫
I mean, I didn't even think twice when we filled out those forms.
无论什么种族 我都愿意抚养这个孩子 但 我
I would love to raise a child no matter what race, but I...
- 确实有些障碍是我们需要讨论的 - 嗯
- yeah, there's-there's obstacles that we need to talk about. - Right.
就像我们如何教育孩子融入
Like, how do we educate a child about a race
本不属于我们 且没有专业知识的种族和文化
and a culture that we're not a part of and obviously have no expertise in?
- 我们该怎么做 - 我还不知道 我不知道
- Like, how do we do that? - I don't know yet. I don't know.
但我们不能避免也无法忽视
- Uh-huh. - But I do know that we can't avoid or neglect it.
不能假装孩子的种族和文化
You know, we can't pretend that the child's race and culture
不是他们的重要组成部分
aren't a massive part of who they are
还 还有我们为什么爱他们
and-and why we love them.
- 当然 - 明白吗
- Of course. - You know?
还有世界对他们的看法
But also how the world perceives them.
我是说 我们
I mean, so, we're...
能提供什么呢 一个安全的家
offering what, then? We offer a safe home.
- 对 - 还有教育方式
- Yeah. - And a means to an education.
- 对 - 我们提供并承诺用爱抚养他们
- Yeah. - We offer and promise to raise them with love.
当然 如果他们无法融入我们
Of course. Nothing would break my heart more
或者像他们的人 这绝对要令我心碎了
if they never felt like they fit in with us or anyone else who looked like them.
- 需要考虑很多东西 - 嗯
- Lots to consider. - Yeah.
我得要更多的咖啡来进行这么清醒的谈话
I'm gonna need some more caffeine if we're gonna have a conversation this woke.
准备好了吗
Ready?
是的
Yep.
我们来吧
Let's do it.
当然 乐意效劳
Of course. Happy to help.
- 谢谢 - 嗯
- Thanks. - Yeah
Tanaka只对她说过两天前有人往窗户里扔砖头
She said Tanaka told her about the brick coming through the window two days ago.
没提墙上那些关于种族歧视的话
He never mentioned anything about the racial slurs on the wall.
他不想让别人知道 重刷了墙
He kept it to himself, repainted.
我让Rountree查过了
I had Rountree check it out.
街上对着餐馆的摄像头一个都没有
There's no cameras on this street with an angle on the diner.
嘿
Hey.
去问问他有没有看到什么
Let's see if he saw anything.
打扰了 你好 我们是联邦探员
Excuse me. Hi. We're, uh, federal agents.
我们想问你几个问题
We were just wondering if we could ask you a few questions.
我什么都不知道 什么也没看见
I don't know nothing. Didn't see nothing.
你都不知道我想问你什么
You don't even know what I was gonna ask you.
没区别 我的答案都是一样的
Don't matter. My answer would be the same.
所以你没看到街对面那家餐馆几天前被人破坏了吗
So, you didn't see the diner across the street get vandalized a couple of nights ago?
我已经说了 我什么都不知道
Look, I already told you, I don't know nothing.
这里是我的街区 不是你们的
Look, this is my neighborhood. It's not yours.
行吗 别烦我了
All right? Let me be.
所以 在你家附近
So, in your neighborhood,
人们可以随便闯进去 在墙上留下种族歧视的涂鸦吗
is it cool for people to come in and paint racial slurs on walls?
当然不
Hell no.
- 等等 哪里 - 餐馆
- Wait, where? - Diner.
哦 伙计
Oh, man.
Tanaka看到肯定气死了
Tanaka's gonna be pissed when he sees that.
你认识Tanaka中尉吗
You know Lieutenant Tanaka?
哦 是 我认识 他是个好人
Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, he's a good dude.
还特别幽默
Funny as hell, too.
他随时都有可能过来 你可以跟他谈谈餐馆
He'll be here any minute. You can talk to him about the diner.
Tanaka中尉在医院
Lieutenant Tanaka's in the hospital.
- 什么 - 他昨天被人袭击了
- What? - He was assaulted yesterday.
很严重吗
Is it bad?
- 嗯 很严重 - 该死
- Yeah. It's real bad. - Damn.
我们认为袭击他和墙上喷涂的
We think his attackers may be the same people
应该是同一帮人
that spray-painted the wall.
等等 等一下
Wait. Wait, let...
再给我看看照片
Let me see that picture again?
红色
Red.
我昨天在街对面的灌木丛里找到的
I found this across the street in the bushes yesterday.
或许和用在餐馆的是同一罐
Might be the same can they used in the diner.
谢谢你
Thank you.
犯罪实验室拿到了喷漆罐
Crime lab has the spray paint can.
- 他们正在查指纹 - 很好
- They're running prints now. - Cool.
你能想象当Tanaka中尉看到那些狗屁涂鸦的时候
Can you imagine what must have been going through Lieutenant Tanaka's mind
心里在想什么吗
when he saw that crap spray-painted in the diner?
作为一个为国战斗的越南老兵吗
After serving this country as a Vietnam veteran.
我知道 他在煎熬
I... I know he was just boiling.
想要报复 但
You know, wanted retribution. But
他只是重新粉刷 然后继续工作
instead he just painted over it and went about his job.
- 可能是不想惹是生非然后失去工作吧 - 是的
- Probably didn't want to risk rocking the boat and losing his job. - Yeah.
几星期之前 一个粗鲁的人
You know, a few weeks back, this ignorant dude
在北好莱坞对我大吼种族歧视的话
yelled some racist stuff at me in North Hollywood.
当没事一样走开对我来说有多难
It took everything for me to just walk away.
对啊
Yeah.
在我人生中只有两次 觉得种族无关紧要
It was only really two moments in life that I felt like race didn't matter.
不管我们外表怎样 我们都像一家人
You know, like we were one family no matter what we look like.
一个是当我打球的时候
It was when I was playing ball
还有这里 现在 成为这个团队的一员
and here. Now. Being a part of this team.
对啊 当目标统一的时候
Yeah, when it's about a common goal...
嗯
Yeah.
嗯 或许我们最终会意识到
Yeah, well, maybe we'll finally realize
当外星人来袭击的时候 人类是一个大家庭
humans are one big family when the aliens come down and attack.
嗯 等等 什么 外星人 外星人吗
Yeah. Wait, what? Aliens? Aliens?
哦 太好了 他们通过罐子上的指纹找到了嫌犯
Oh, nice. They got an ID off the prints on the can.
Jason Quinn
Jason Quinn.
我想我们都同意这是一起仇恨犯罪
I guess we can all agree this is a hate crime.
要是能把餐厅的种族歧视标语和袭击联♥系♥起来的话
Yeah, if we can tie the racial slurs from the diner to the attackers.
我们就能证明
We do that,we prove it wasn't a random attack.
目标就是中尉
Lieutenant was targeted.
好 但他是因为装♥修♥餐馆被当作目标
Okay, but if he was targeted for renovating the diner,
为什么他们要在海滩上攻击他
why would they attack him at the beach?
也许是Tanaka知道
Well, maybe Tanaka knew that
Jason Quinn应该为那些种族诽谤负责
Jason Quinn was responsible for those racial slurs,
于是与他对质
and he confronted him.
事情从那里逐步恶化 Quinn跟着他到了海滩
Things escalated from there, and Quinn followed him to the beach.
嘿 大伙 我们有Jason Quinn的地址
Hey, guys. So, we got an address for Jason Quinn,
但更有趣的是和他住一起的人
but what's even more interesting is who he lives with.
对 他的室友叫Billy Strauss
Yeah, his roommate's a guy named Billy Strauss,
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处:洛杉矶 | 导航列表