Because I'm mad, too.
哦 没有 没有 我没生气
Oh, no. No, I'm not mad.
不要误会我
I mean, don't get me wrong,
我是很生气 但更重要的是 我很
I'm so pissed, but more than anything, I'm just...
难过 只是很难过
sad. I'm just deeply sad.
我懂的 我也是
I know. Me, too.
一名73岁的越战老兵
A 73-year-old Vietnam vet
在美国的停车场
was literally fighting for his life
为自己的生命而战
in a parking lot in America.
为什么会在地球上最强 最伟大的国家发生这种事
Like, how does that happen in the most powerful, greatest country in the world?
挫 挫折
Fr-Frustration.
愤怒
Anger.
恐惧 仇恨
Fear. Hate.
我不记得有没有告诉过你
You know, I don't know if I told you this,
在我不做律师之后 我买♥♥了这辆车
but after I quit being a lawyer, I bought this van.
然后我在里面住了六个月
And I lived in it for six months.
我到处旅行
I went everywhere.
我享受走过的每一英里
And I loved every single mile of it
因为我爱这个国家
because I love this country.
我爱着山川与大海
I love the ocean and the mountains
爱着峡谷 爱着大城市
and the canyons and these big cities
与小城镇 但我最爱的是
and small towns, but the thing that I love the most
我遇到的每一个了不起的人
was all these amazing people that I met everywhere.
- 美国人 - 是的 美国人 没错
- Americans. - Yeah, Americans. Exactly.
但后来我不得不接受这样的事情
But then I have to reconcile with the fact
发生在美国 我们这块土地上
that this happened in America. On our soil.
一个为这个国家而战的人
That a man that fought for this country
由于他的肤色 也不管他来自哪里
was beaten to the ground because of the color of his skin
就被打倒在地
and where his ancestors are from.
我们不应该这样
We're better than this.
我是说 我们必须比这好
I mean, we have to be better than this,
因为这不是我认识和深爱的国家
'cause this is not the country that I know and love.
请进
Enter.
长官 Tanaka中尉的手术完成了
Sir, Lieutenant Tanaka's out of surgery,
但我们还没收到他的最新状况
but we don't have an update on his current condition yet.
知道了
Got it.
- 还有别的事儿么 - 是的 长官
- There something else? - Yes, sir.
呃
Well...
我想知道 呃
I wanted to know, um...
- 呃 - 你在练习抖音视频还是想问什么
- Well... - You practicing a TikTok or asking a question?
不是的 长官
No, sir.
我想知道我们为什么会接手这个案子
I wanted to know why the Office of Special Projects got assigned this case.
我可以告诉你Tanaka中尉
I could tell you that Lieutenant JG Tanaka
在西部国家潜艇纪念馆中
was a well-respected volunteer docent
是一位受尊敬的志愿讲师
at the National Submarine Memorial, West.
但这不是我们接手这个案子的原因
But that's not why we got assigned this case.
不 不是的
No, it isn't.
是我直接向海军部长请求由我们接手此案
I requested this directly from SECNAV
因为这是一起仇恨犯罪
because it might be a hate crime
针对的是一名日裔的美国海军退伍军人
directed against a Japanese American naval veteran.
明白
Okay.
坐
Sit.
我在奥勒冈长大
I grew up in Oregon,
我最好的朋友叫Ralph Sakamoto
and my best friend was a guy named Ralph Sakamoto.
就住在隔壁
Lived next door.
每周日 Ralph家都会为我们做丰盛的饭菜
And every Sunday, Ralph's family would cook us these huge meals.
每周都如此
Every Sunday.
有一天 我问我妈他们为什么这么做
And one day, I asked my mom why they did that.
妈妈说 美国政♥府♥曾经
And she told me that back when the U.S. Government
在二战期间把所有日裔美国人都关押起来
imprisoned all the Japanese Americans back during World War II,
有人肆意劫掠破坏他们本已空空的房♥屋
that people started to loot and vandalize their empty homes.
淦 真是混乱时代
Damn, that's messed-up.
我爹就这么想
That's what my dad thought.
他告诉我妈 没人
And he told Mom that nobody,
没有人可以在Sakamoto一家外出时
nobody was gonna touch the Sakamotos' home
侵犯他们的房♥屋
while they were locked up.
不过肯定的是 抢劫者们
But, sure as hell, looters trying to steal
和满心仇恨的民族主义者还是来动手动脚
and racists just full of hate tried that house.
我爸坐在门廊 一把霰弹枪就横在膝盖上
My old man sat on the front porch with one shotgun across his lap
第二把就放在身边
and another one at his side.
每天下班后他就这样坐在门廊
And he sat on that porch every night after work
坐了两年 直到Sakamoto一家人重获自♥由♥
for two years till the Sakamotos were freed.
您父亲真是位伟人
Sounds like your father was an incredible man.
是啊
That he was.
所以 我要是不把那个
And what kind of a son would I be
霸凌Tanaka中尉的混♥蛋♥绳之以法
if I didn't track down the son of a bitch
我又怎么敢说是我爸爸的儿子
that did this to Lieutenant Tanaka?
明白了 长官
Yes, sir.
就这样
That is all.
伙计们
Hey, guys.
这位是洛杉矶警局抢劫凶案组的Jack Tanaka警探
This is LAPD RHD Detective Jack Tanaka.
谢谢你带他过来 Castor
Thanks for bringing him down, Castor.
不用谢
No problem.
我是Hanna探员 这是Namazi探员
Special Agent Hanna. Special Agent Namazi.
很遗憾得知这件事情
So sorry that this happened.
我们会关心着你和你家人
Our thoughts are with you and your family.
- 谢谢 - 请这边坐
- Thank you. - Please, have a seat.
嗯 我们很感谢你能来和我们聊聊
So, uh, we appreciate you taking the time to speak with us.
我们很理解你更想在外面追捕嫌犯
We know you'd much rather be out there on the street finding these people.
不 我不想这么做
No, I don't want to do that.
如果我真想收拾那群殴打我爸爸的家伙
If I want the men that beat my father prosecuted,
我就不能跟这个案子了
I can't be anywhere near this case.
天 你的自♥制♥力太好了
Wow, you have incredible restraint.
嗯 大家 我家人的朋友
Yeah, well, people, uh, friends of ours,
都会说我爸爸善良 有趣 有爱
they would use words to describe Dad like "Kind, funny, loving."
而我会说的 是自律
Only word I would ever use to describe him is "Discipline."
这让我更尊重你的父亲了
I respect your father even more now.
是啊 我要是不能自律 自个儿跑去收拾那个下手的
Yeah. Well, if my lack of discipline let whoever beat him off the hook,
老爷子是不会原谅我的
my old man would never forgive me.
我们明白你不能参与案件调查
We understand you can't be involved in the case,
不过 你有的是15年的警探经验
but can't just turn off 15 years of detective experience,
有什么可以帮我们找到那几个人吗
so you have anything that could help us find these people?
我爸爸是一个遵循自己习惯的人
I mean, my-my father's a creature of habit.
每日如一
Every day was the same.
他在自己家的后院刻苦锻炼
Uh, he worked out hard in his backyard,
在海豹滩的海军武器站做志愿讲师
volunteered at the Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach,
晚上就去钓鱼
then cast a few lines surf fishing at night.
周末会和老伙计们在自家车♥库♥里喝啤酒
On weekends, he and his buddies, they would drink beers in Dad's garage.
伙计 我真的很乱
Man, I'm at a loss.
我都不知道谁会去伤害他
I got no idea who'd want to hurt him.
你认为这是随机案件吗
Do you think this was a random attack?
因为是亚裔就随机攻击了他?
Random as far as him being Asian American?
错误的时间 错误的地点?
Wrong time, wrong place?
我觉得这是一起种族主义仇恨犯罪
I think this was a racially motivated hate crime.
但是你也没有什么证据
But you don't have any evidence of that?
毫无冒犯之意
With all due respect,
寻找证据正是你们的工作
finding that evidence is your job.
Rountree说这边没有摄像头
So, Rountree said there are no security cameras positioned
能拍到Tanaka中尉被殴打
at where Lieutenant Tanaka was attacked.
根据伤情
And based on the injuries,
也没法还原殴打的经过
there's no way to tell what the initial blow was.
好吧
Well,
想到最近亚裔被攻击的案件
considering the recent Asian American attacks,
我认为是怯懦的攻击者 从背后拳打脚踢
I'm gonna say it was a cowardly sucker punch or kick to the back.
这不疯了吗
It's crazy.
这片海滩每天那个时候风都很大
This beach that time of day would have been blown out,
没人来冲浪 风大还冷 也不能晒日光浴
so you got no surfers. Too windy and cold to lay out and get a tan.
我是说 那时这边空荡荡的
I mean, it would have been empty here.
那样的话 应该说
In that case, I think it's safe to say
坏人不是跟着受害者到海滩的
that they didn't follow him up from the beach
不然受害者会注意到他们的
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处:洛杉矶 | 导航列表