And I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
But malaria wouldn't destroy his liver that fast,
疟疾不会那么快就毁了他的肝
especially since we never infected him.
更何况我们根本没用疟疾
I thought you said--
你不是说
Apparently Foreman now thinks that he has
显然 福曼觉得他翅膀够硬了
the authority to overrule my orders
以食品及药物管理局不批准为由
Just because the FDA wouldn't approve.
违抗我的命令
Don't worry. I'll deal with him.
不用担心 我会搞定他
If you could just talk to Hourani...
如果你能和胡让尼谈谈
What would you do?
你会怎么做
If you paged me during sex?
如果你在我做♥爱♥的时候呼我
About the contract with Atlanticnet.
和大西洋保险公♥司♥的合同
I got them to come up to 8%,
我让他们提高到8%了
but we should get at least 12.
但我们至少得拿到12%
It's all numbers.
全是数字游戏
Do the math and nothing else.
做做算术题就知道了
It's not about my pride.
这不是我的面子问题
It's about the principle.
而是原则问题
They're trying to screw us over because we're small.
他们就是欺负我们规模小
That's what they're supposed to do.
他们不就是干这个的吗
They should be pressuring other hospitals to be more like us,
他们该强迫其他医院向我们学习
not trying to make us more like them.
而不是倒着来
It's stupid.
太愚蠢了
Putting your job on the line in an effort
拿你的工作冒险去指出他们的愚蠢
to stamp out stupidity isn't?
不是也很蠢吗
You would.
你也会这么做
Probably.
有可能
But then I also wanted to try to cure cancer
但我也会为了赢50块
by infecting a guy with malaria to win a $50 bet.
用感染疟疾去治疗癌症
You really want to be like me?
你真想向我学习吗
As you know, for the past eight months,
大家都知道 过去八个月以来
We've been trying to renegotiate our contract
我们都在和大西洋保险公♥司♥
with Atlanticnet Insurance.
为合同进行谈判
It's been a difficult process,
过程很艰难重重
but I wanted to let you all know
但在下午五点
before we made the formal announcement
正式通知出来之前
that as of 5:00 P.M. Today,
我想先告诉大家
our contract with atlanticnet will be terminated.
我们即将终止与大西洋保险公♥司♥的合同
We've doubled the number of customer service representatives
我们已向客户接待处的呼叫中心
in our call center.
调配了双倍人手
Current patients will still be allowed
我们将向现有的病人
to remain in our care for 30 days,
再提供30天的看护
But starting tomorrow,
但从明天开始
we will no longer be accepting patients
我们将不再接受
with atlanticnet health insurance.
享受大西洋保险公♥司♥服务的病人
Come on, Marina.
拜托 玛丽娜
Pick up the phone.
快接电♥话♥
I'm busy.
忙着呢
We found a liver match. All right.
我们找到匹配的肝脏了 行
Get him prepped.
让他做术前准备吧
I'll straighten things out with Hourani.
我会搞定胡让尼的
Hourani's not the problem.
胡让尼不是问题
House is.
豪斯才是
Now he wants Chase to do the surgery.
他想让奇斯做手术
To prove to Hourani he doesn't need him?
向胡让尼表明他不需要他吗
To prove to Thomas that Chase
向托马斯证明奇斯才是
was his department's best surgeon.
外科最厉害的医生
And what does Chase want to do?
奇斯怎么想
Chase wants to do the surgery.
他想做这个手术
And you don't want him to do it because?
你不希望他做 是因为
I don't care who does it. So what's the problem?
我不管谁做 那问题是
In order to get our patient into the OR,
为了让病人进手术室
we have to get him on the surgery schedule.
我们得把他放到手术名单上
In order to do that, we need someone to put him there
而做这件事情 需要一个
who neither House nor Thomas can overrule.
豪斯和托马斯都管不了的人
What?
什么
Would you rather I go back on vicodin?
你难道希望我重新回归维柯丁的怀抱吗
She's not massaging your leg.
她又不在给你的腿按♥摩♥
She will...eventually.
她终究 会的
Why am I the only person here who cares
为什么只有我一个人
what happens to this hospital?
担心这家医院的死活
Get off your ass and get your department under control.
勤快点 管好你的部门
At least for the next few days.
至少这几天帮帮忙
Gonna take longer than a few days for a company
让大西洋保险这种大公♥司♥
the size of Atlanticnet to start feeling
向你的公♥关♥活动低头
the squeeze of your P.R. Campaign.
可不是几天的事
If they ever do.
如果他们会低头的话
And you know this how?
你怎么知道的
From all the time you've spent researching them
从你一直在研究他们
and their other contracts?
还有他们其他的合同
The way they handle their press relations?
他们处理媒体关系的方式吗
I know they have a NASCAR team.
我知道他们有个纳斯卡车队
Despite what you may have learned at Hebrew school
不管你在希伯来学校 或是跟
or from Jimmy Cliff,
吉米·克里夫(牙买♥♥加雷鬼歌♥手) 学了些什么
Sometimes the bigger they are,
他们越强大
the harder they kick your ass.
反击就越厉害
I'm not trying to be greedy.
我不是贪心
But he's also not interested
但他也不希望
in being forced into a medical bankruptcy.
被医疗费用逼得破产
Mr. Acevedo, I am sorry you're having financial difficulties.
阿塞维多先生 很抱歉你有经济问题
But because of us, you still have a thumb.
但多亏我们 你保住了大拇指
I assume that's something a carpenter might need.
我以为一个木匠应该需要大拇指吧
And I assume you didn't ask for this meeting
我也以为你见我们
so you could lecture my client.
不是为了教育我的客户吧
You have insurance.
你有保险
But by filing this suit,
但凭这个诉讼
you've caused us to get paid nothing by them either.
他们可能拒绝赔付
That's not our problem. Actually it is,
这跟我们无关 实际上有关系
Since he's responsible
因为他要对我们
For any expense we're not reimbursed.
尚未赔付的费用负责
But if you drop this suit
但是如果你撤诉
And make it clear that Dr. Chase was acting
并且指明蔡斯医生在为你
In your best interest when he reattached your thumb,
接断指时是为你着想的
Then we'll be able to resubmit the claim.
我们会重新提交索赔请求
And you'll cover his deductible,
你们也会支付免赔额
Attorney's fees, and 50 grand for pain and suffering?
律师费 还有五万元的精神补偿
Actually, I was thinking more like
其实 我想说的是
We'd cover half his deductible,
我们会替他付免赔额的一半
Which means you'd only owe $16,000.
你只要付16000元
You mean you want him to pay you?
你是让他付钱给你
Yes.
对
Do you have any idea how much it costs?
你知道这手术要花费多少吗
How many years it takes to train someone in microsurgery?
培训一名显微外科医生要多少年
We gave you back your life.
我们让你的生活重新步入正轨
You can still work.
你仍然能工作
You can button your own shirt, hold a fork.
可以自己系扣子 拿叉子
Martin, let's go.
马丁 我们走
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I know I should pay.
我知道自己应该付钱
But I just can't.
但我不能
I still cannot work.
我还是不能正常工作
I'm already underwater on my house.
我已经待业在家
And I have two kids with braces.
还有两个孩子要养
You think you'd be in better shape without a thumb?
你觉得自己少个手指会一切正常
Right now...
目前
Financially? Yeah.
经济角度看来 是的
I would be.
我的确是
Well, so would we.
好吧 我们奉陪
But when you came in, we didn't think about that,
你进来时 我们没有这种想法
We just took care of you.
只是一心为你好
剧集 | 豪斯医生(2004) | 导航列表