...and at no point did I come to you and say,
"万一行不通的话怎么办"
"Yeah, but what if it doesn't work?"
我没那么做 做那之后的每一天我都支持着你
I didn't do that. I had your back that day and every day since.
他让你很不爽对吧
He bugs the hell out of you, doesn't he?
我有理由对那个男人失望
I'm allowed to be frustrated at the guy
他做的三明治很奇怪
who makes sandwiches weird.
-谁会...而且他叫她毛毛 -我知道
- Who -- I-It's -- And he calls her Hair-Hair. - I know.
我知道 我也在适应
I know. I'm working on that.
我不能做的是 艾普丽尔
What I'm not allowed to do, April,
我实际上从没做过的
what -- what I've actually never done,
成为你寻找自己幸福的路上的阻碍
is stand in the way of the happiness that you chose for yourself.
我支持了你
I had your back.
我知道这是个意外
I know this is a surprise,
但我只是希望你能为我做同样的事
but I'm just asking you -- do the same for me.
我
I...
我希望你幸福 杰克森
I -- I want you to be happy, Jackson.
你值得幸福
You deserve it.
但运营整个基金会
But running the foundation?
对不起
I -- I'm sorry.
只是
It's just...
你不是那个人
You're not that guy.
我认为你将来也不会是
I don't think you ever will be.
所以就这样了吗 我只能失败或者放弃吗
So, that's it? I'm either gonna fail or quit?
对不起杰克森 我没有那个意思
I'm sorry, Jackson. I didn't -- I didn't mean that --
你就是这个意思
Yeah, you did. That's exactly what you meant.
好吧 我的确是这个意思
Ok-- fine. Yeah. I did.
杰克森 你是个出色的外科医生
Jackson, you are a brilliant surgeon.
你重建别人的脸 也重塑了他们的人生
You rebuild people's faces, you rebuild their lives.
在看似不可能的情况下
You find a way to make them breathe
你也能找到办法让他们呼吸
when -- when it seems impossible.
你让一个小男孩重获他的双手
You gave a little boy back his hands.
你在我濒死的时候
You prayed me back into the world
为我祈祷 把我带回了这个世界
when I was almost dead.
你能取出无法治疗的肿瘤
Y-You take out impossible tumors,
你让病人能够昂首挺胸地
and you make people walk out into the world
在这个世界上生活
with their heads held high.
这是你的成就
That's where you've left your mark.
这才是你的特别之处
It's what makes you exceptional.
为什么
Wh--
为什么你想放弃这一切
Why would you want to give all of that up?
这无关我想要什么 而是我需要做什么
It's not about what I want. It's what I need to do.
你现在这么想有点晚了
Well, you know what? It's a little late to decide that.
你说什么
Excuse me?
你不能决定我如何活在这个世界上 艾普丽尔
You don't get to choose who I am in this world, April.
没有人能决定 我的父母 任何人都不行
Nobody does. Not my father, not Mom -- nobody.
那你也不能在你我的工作中选择自己
And you don't get to choose your career over mine.
-那 -我很快乐
- That's -- - I am happy.
我在帮助人们 我在实打实地帮助他们
I'm helping people. I'm really helping them.
我在为住在偏远地区的人们
I am building support systems
建立支持系统 提供资源
and resources for people in rural communities,
他们非常需要这些
and they need so much,
而我恰好能为他们做到这些事
and I can actually do that for them.
你也可以继续做这些事
And you can keep doing that.
你甚至可以扩大规模
You can do it on an even bigger scale.
在全国范围做这些事
You can do it across the country.
你会获取很多资源
I'm -- You're literally just gaining resources.
艾普丽尔 我不是要贬低你的工作
April, I am not trying to diminish your work.
我们现在有一个机会
We have an opportunity
为我们所有人做很棒的事
to do something really amazing for all of us.
马修也会赞同的
Matthew will go along with it.
他会追随你的
He'll follow you.
所以我这么喜欢他
That's why I like him so much.
我的天哪
Oh, God.
知道吗 你并没有一直支持我
You know what? You -- You didn't always have my back.
当我在约旦找到我需要的东西的时候
When I found what I needed in Jordan,
你并没有和我一起去
you didn't go with me.
你离开了我 我独自一人去了
You left me alone. I went alone.
艾普丽尔 这不公平 是你逃离了我
April, that's not fair. You ran away from me.
还有萨缪尔 疼痛和悲伤
And Samuel and the pain and the grief,
这都可以理解
which is understandable.
当时我也充满怨恨 但我理解你
You know, I was resentful at the time, but I get it.
你在苦苦挣扎
You were surviving.
为了活着你必须这么做
You had to do what you had to do to survive.
但总之这件事不同
But this isn't that, anyway.
我不是在逃避什么
I'm not running from something.
我是希望投身于某件事
I'm trying to run to something.
试着自己做出一些成就
Trying to make something my own.
这不公平 杰克森
It's not fair, Jackson.
如果你有一个机会能终于
If you had the opportunity to finally
把一切事情都想明白
make it all make sense,
有机会成为你命中注定的人
to become what you were meant to be,
难道你不会拼尽全力地尝试吗
wouldn't you try really, really hard to get there?
我会的
I would.
我尝试过了
I did.
这是我唯一的请求
That's all I'm asking for.
我去吧
I got it.
37.4摄氏度
99.3.
-那就好 -没错
-Oh, good. Alright. -Yeah.
她能舒服一点了
So she's a little more comfortable.
她在说梦话
Yeah. She's talking in her sleep.
-是吗 -对的
- Oh, yeah? - Yeah.
有什么有趣的话吗
Anything good?
都是胡话
Just gibberish.
她在说"阿葵葵"
She said, "Amananome."
那是海葵
That is the sea anemone.
过去几周 她每天早上都吵醒我
She's been waking me up the last few weeks
给我讲不同的海洋生物知识
with a different sea creature fact.
真的是"知识"吗
Are they really "Facts," though?
在她的脑海里的确是
In her head, they are.
我告诉你 这是最好的闹钟
It's the best alarm clock, ever, I'll tell you.
上周她告诉我
Last week, she told me
她听到你的地下室里有"狼人"在呕吐的声音
that she could hear "Werewoofs" throwing up in your basement.
是吗 我家都没有地下室
Really? I don't even have a basement.
我知道
Oh, I'm aware.
但她就是不相信
There's no convincing her otherwise.
好固执
So stubborn.
我觉得是遗传了她妈妈
Which I would say comes from her mother...
但我觉得我们都知道
...but I think we both know...
-一半一半吧 -爸爸妈妈都遗传了一点
- 50/50 split. - right down the middle.
我一定不会为了去波士顿而放弃这些
Yeah. I could never give that up going to Boston.
她的海洋生物知识闹钟 在她生病时抱着她
Sea creature alarm clocks, holding her when she's sick.
但我也不能放弃这个
But I can't walk away from this chance
真正改变基金会的机会
to make real change in the foundation.
我的妈妈就兼顾了生活和工作
I mean, mom was able to do both.
而且我发自内心地觉得我可以
And I know in my gut, that I can, too.
至少为了哈莉特 我也要试一下
I mean, I owe it to Harriet to try, at least.
-我知道 -我知道我无法面面俱到
- I know. - And I know I can't do it all,
但艾普丽尔 我跟你说
but, April, I am telling you,
我可以带领基金会开启一个全新的篇章
I can take this foundation to a whole new chapter.
在医药领域实现真正的种族平等
I mean, creating real racial equity in medicine.
你开玩笑吗
Are you kidding?
这是一场革命性的 持久的变化
It's a revolutionary, lasting change.
我可以看着女儿的脸
I could look my daughter in the face
知道我已经竭尽所能地
and know that I've done everything I possibly can
给她一个更好的世界
to give her a better world.
我知道 我知道
I know. I know.
我可以兼顾那些
I could do all that
并当一个我父亲做不到的好爸爸
and -- and be the father that mine never was.
我只需要让我的生活发生天翻地覆的变化
And all I need to do is turn my life upside down.
视野很宽阔吧
Puts a lot into perspective, huh?
我每天早上都出来
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表