I was one of his doctors today.
Richard跟我说 你的新病人Nell很有故事呢
Richard tells me your new patient Nell is quite the storyteller.
我正打算去见见她
I'm thinking about going down there to meet her
赶在她出院之前
before she gets discharged.
- 为什么我们没有伤疤 妈妈 - 什么
- Why don't we have scars, Mom? - Come again?
每当我看到街上有人示♥威♥游♥行♥时
My whole life, whenever I see people marching in the streets
我总会听见 你的声音告诉我
I hear your voice telling me that...
去工作已经足够英勇了
just going to work is heroic enough
我们需要从内部解决问题
that we need to fix things from the inside.
先成功 再给予 正如...
Succeed first, then give. Like, that's what...
正如你所教我的 对吧
That's what you taught me, right?
我做到了
And here I am.
我成功了 也给予了
I'm successful, I've given
但看上去 什么都没改变
and nothing seems to change.
我知道灰心丧气什么感觉 Jackson
I know what it's like to get discouraged, Jackson.
我不是来听安慰的话的
No, I don't need a pep talk.
不是这样的
That's not what this is.
我...
I...
如果我们的基金会擅长做正确的斗争
If our foundation is so good at fighting the good fight
那为什么 还是什么都没变好呢
then why isn't anything getting better?
别误会 好吗
And don't take that the wrong way, alright?
我只是说 也许我们都错了
I'm just saying, maybe both of us have got this wrong.
看看发生的一切
I mean, look at what is happening
就现在 在街上
in the streets right now.
为什么我们不在那里
Why aren't we there?
为什么我们就没有伤疤
Why the hell don't we have scars?
在这件事上 先别提"我们" 好吗
Let's just drop the "we" business of this right now, okay?
也许你没有伤疤 Jackson
You may not have scars, Jackson
但我斗争了几十年
but I have decades' worth.
如果你觉得 什么都没改变
And if you think nothing has changed
为什么不问问自己
why don't you just ask yourself
像Webber Bailey或Pierce
how many Webbers, Baileys, or Pierces
40年前 在医院里能看见几个 甚至在20年前
you would have seen walking through these halls 40 years ago... 20 years ago.
你无法想象 我参与过的斗争
You have no idea the battles that I have fought
我赢过的斗争
and won for that.
如果你没看到我的伤疤
And if you don't see any scars
是因为我斗争得漂亮
it's because I'm damn good at this job.
你当然很厉害 我不是在指责你
Of course you are. I'm not criticizing you.
你很了不起 但我是想说
You're incredible. But I'm saying
你不烦那些繁文缛节吗
aren't you also annoyed with all this red tape?
必须说服那些董事会
Having to convince some trustees
才能实施自己的想法
when you have a brilliant idea?
比如我们的想法
Like, what about our ideas?
比如做点什么 来减少黑人孕妇死亡率
What about doing something about the Black maternal mortality rate
而不是一直空谈
instead of talking about it?
比如建立资料库
What about building our database
改善医学培训中的种族歧视
for the obvious racial bias in medical training?
比如建立一所我们自己的医学院
What about building our medical school
我们之前说过的
that we talked about?
有太多事等着我们去做了
So many things we could be doing.
斗争要一场一场来 Jackson
One battle at a time, Jackson.
这样才行得通
That's how the world works.
不应该那样了 不再是了 好吗
It shouldn't be that way... Not anymore, alright?
我不想在一个已经崩溃的体系中发挥作用
I don't want to play a role in a system that's just broken.
你听起来像你♥爸♥爸
You sound like your father.
那是全世界最糟糕的事吗
That'd be the worst thing in the world?
- 妈妈... - 今天是漫长的一天
- Mom... - It's been a long day.
- 我不是那意思... - 你都说出口了 Jackson
- I didn't mean... - You've already said it, Jackson.
就别往回圆了
Don't try to lie about it now.
爸爸 要来一起吗
Dad, wanna get in here?
Liam总是把球踢过围栏
Liam keeps kicking the ball over the fence.
那是因为我们的院子太小了
Because our yard's too small.
过来一下吧 孩子们
Come over here for a second, boys, will ya?
我错了
I was wrong.
不是错在试图保护你们
Not to try and protect you...
我是父亲 这是父亲的职责
I'm your dad. That's part of the bargain.
但我错在 让你们待在家里
But I was wrong to tell you to stay home.
国家属于你们 孩子们
This is your country, boys
现在是关键时刻
and now is a moment.
所以你们可以去斗争和抗♥议♥
So, you'll fight, you'll protest if you want to
但仅限白天 而且得有我陪着
but only during daylight and only when I'm with you.
可以吗
Sound fair?
我听说明天在市中心有抗♥议♥活动
I heard about the one downtown tomorrow...
希望不会为时过早
If that's not too soon.
为什么会为时过早
Why would it be too soon?
你的头呀
Your head?
我都忘了
Forgot about that.
我觉得这是一种进步
I think it's an improvement.
是吗 那现在呢
Do you, now?
- 什么... - 嘿
- Wha... - Hey!
要搭车回家吗
You need a ride home?
谢谢 我走着回去
Thanks. I'll walk.
别了 让我送你吧
No, let me drive you.
有宵禁 不安全的
There's a curfew. It's just not safe.
没事 我走回去就行
That's alright. I'll walk.
Jackson 明天参加游♥行♥也可以的
Jackson, you can march tomorrow.
今天的游♥行♥已经结束了
Today's practically over.
听起来好像还在进行着呢
It sounds like they're still marching somewhere.
我走回去吧
I'll walk.
我还记得 第一次穿上白大褂的日子
I remember that day I first put on my white coat
尽管已经过去非常久了
even though it was long ago.
我和同学们一起宣誓
I took the oath alongside my classmates
我始终坚守着我的誓言
and I meant it with every cell in my body.
听说你把一个病人的内脏掏出来了
I heard you eviscerated a patient today.
什么 不是
What? No!
不是 我是帮忙把内脏放回去
No, I helped put the bowels back inside.
天呐 Chee是怎么跟大家说的
Oh, my God, what is Chee telling people!
他跟大家说你棒呆了
He's telling people you were a badass
说你救了那人一命
and you saved the man's life.
抱歉 忍♥不住逗你
I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.
Meredith怎么样
How's Meredith?
很稳定
Stable.
她的动脉血气指数更好了
Her ABG looks even better.
伤口崩开时 我僵住了
When the wound split, I... froze.
但紧接着 我一直听到脑海中的声音
But then, I kept hearing this voice inside my head
在问自己"Meredith Grey会怎么做"
asking, "What would Meredith Grey do?"
- 我知道那非常傻 - 不傻
- I know. That's stupid. - No!
真的 我也听到过那个声音
No, I've heard that voice before, too.
我的建议是 好好倾听
And my advice... Keep listening to it.
你真要去妇产科啦
You're really going through with OB-GYN?
我听从了内心的声音
I listened to the voice.
如果你要重新开始做住院医师
If you're starting your residency all over again
- 那我就是你的领导了吧 - 你想多了
- does that mean I'm your boss now? - No.
认真论起来 我比你级别高
Well, technically, I'll outrank you.
好吧 你还想不想搭车回家了
Okay, do you want a ride home or not?
但我们的誓言 屡屡被现世挑战
But this world has challenged that oath so many times
我都快记不清其中的含义了
I barely remember what it said anymore.
我只想着一件事...
I was only thinking one thing...
"竭尽全力去到Maggie身边"
"Do whatever it takes to get back to Maggie."
"活下来 然后回家"
"Survive and get home."
我好爱你
I love you so much.
所以现在 我每天都会立下新的誓言
So now, every day, I take a new oath...
我发誓 贡献力量 建设一个有价值的世界
I pledge to help build a world worth living in.
坚信那样的世界可以存在
And never stop believing that world can exist.
规划路线
Calculating route.
预计行程 11个小时
Estimated trip... 11 hours.
也许不是今天
Not today.
也许还很遥远
So far from today.
但是终将实现
But someday.
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表