their football coach, their -- their therapist,
他们最好的朋友
their best bloody friend.
我不敢相信这一切
I-I can't believe this.
我做不到 我做不到
I can't. I can't. I can't.
我不能再经历一次了
I cannot do this again.
我的儿子们已经失去了一切 我不能对他们说
I cannot look at my boys, who've already lost everything,
他们连小姨也失去了
and tell them that they've lost her, too.
-我不能这么做 -好了 停下
- I cannot -- I cannot do that. - Okay, okay. Stop. Stop.
这一切
This is --
这不是一场灾难 这只是一个并发症
This is not a catastrophe, this is a complication.
那你现在还在这里干什么
Then what in the hell are you still doing here?
快进手术室把她治好
Get in there and bloody fix her.
我们已经联♥系♥了华盛顿州所有的医院
We've reached out to every hospital in Washington.
我从来都没想过
I never imagined --
我知道
I know.
施密特 你做得对
Schmitt, you did the right thing.
会有另一台呼吸机的
Another vent will come.
肯定会的 对吗
It has to, right?
你是去吃饭了吗
Have a nice lunch?
我是在向海斯医生汇报最新情况
I was updating Dr. Hayes.
你必须把肾脏摘除吗
You had to take the kidney?
输尿管剩余部分不够长
The remaining piece of the ureter wasn't long enough
无法进行简单的重新连接
to do a simple reattachment.
但是艾琳有多发性硬化
But Irene has MS
将来可能会有膀胱问题
She could have bladder issues in the future,
如果只有一颗肾脏
which would be much more complicated
情况会复杂很多
with just one kidney.
她为什么会只有一颗肾脏
Why would she only have one kidney?
-什么 -我还要放回去的 威尔逊
- What? - I'm putting it back, Wilson!
你在做自体移植
You're doing an auto-transplant?
我尽力
I am trying to!
如果我多出两只手来就容易多了
It'd be a lot easier if I had a second pair of hands.
-你来不来 -来 来
- Are you coming or not? - Yes. Yes.
引流管
Irrigation.
孩子 谁会丢掉一颗肾脏
Child, who throws away a kidney?
上帝
Lord.
赛克斯医生去康复科
Dr. Sikes to Recovery.
赛克斯医生去康复科
Dr. Sikes to Recovery.
如果她能一直不用呼吸机呼吸
If she keeps breathing over the vent consistently,
我们应该很快就可以撤掉呼吸机了
we should be able to take her off it soon.
那是好消息
That's good to hear.
真丢脸 如果像我这样的人能活下来
Be a shame if someone like me got to walk away
而像她那样的人却...
while someone like her...
我 我还是不妨碍你了
I'll, uh -- I'll get out of your way.
汤姆
Hey, Tom?
我从伊♥拉♥克♥回来后 我...
When I got back from Iraq, I, uh...
我记得自己在想
I remember thinking,
"凭什么我能继续工作
"Why do I get to keep working?
凭什么我能做晚餐
Why do I get to cook dinner?
在湖里游泳
Swim in a lake?
谈恋爱"
Fall in love?"
感觉糟透了
It's a terrible feeling.
我不希望任何人有那样的感受
I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
甚至包括我
Even me?
告诉我你最喜欢的事是什么
Tell me your favorite thing.
哪方面
About what?
生活 此刻的生活
About life. Life right now.
眼下全球疫情大流行
There's a global pandemic.
这是你最喜欢的事吗
That is your favorite thing?
不是 我只是想说我不
No. I just meant that I don't --
好吧
Oh, okay.
你是说疫情
You're saying that the pandemic --
不 只是感觉谈论只是觉得
No, it just feels very shallow
我最喜欢的事很肤浅
to talk about my favorite things
因为现在死亡人数正在破纪录增长
when there's people dying in record numbers.
好 好吧
Oh, yeah. Okay. Alright.
这 这是蠢话
Well, that's -- that's stupid.
什么意思
Excuse me?
你在说因为死亡人数正在破纪录
You're saying that you're not allowed to enjoy your life
所以你不应该享受生活
because people are dying in record numbers?
这完全没道理
That makes exactly zero sense.
如果拥有生命和身体本身
If the having of a life and a body
不值得庆祝
isn't cause for celebration,
那回避死亡还有什么意义
then what's the point of avoiding death?
如果你都不能享受生活
I mean, just -- if you're not gonna enjoy it,
那你不妨加入他们
then you might as well join them.
贝利刚过了生日 我问他想要什么
Bailey just had a birthday and I asked him what he wanted,
他说一整块蛋糕 一个人吃
and he said a whole cake, all to himself.
他不想和别人分享
He did not want to share.
所以我当然给了他蛋糕
So, of course, I got him the cake.
你知道他一拿到蛋糕后做了什么吗
And so, do you know what he did as soon as he got that cake?
什么
What?
埋脸
Faceplant.
把脸埋在整个蛋糕里面
Just planted his face smack in the middle of the cake.
我们哈哈大笑
And we laughed and laughed and laughed.
我 佐拉 爱丽丝
It was me and Zola and Ellis
麦琪 艾米莉娅和林
and Maggie and Amelia and Link.
佐拉笑得太用力 都尿了裤子
Zola laughed so hard, she peed her pants,
然后我们又笑这个
so then we had a laugh at that.
我们都在笑时
And then as we were laughing,
贝利开始舔掉每根手指头上的糖霜
Bailey started licking the frosting off each finger
很慢很慢 还煞有介事装模做样
really slow and making a whole production out of it.
我看着他看着我们笑
And I looked at him watching us laugh,
意识到这才是关键
and I realized that that was the point.
这是他的计划 他想让我们笑
That was his plan -- he wanted to make us all laugh,
因为宝宝让我们整晚都没法睡
because the baby had been keeping us up all night
新闻都是关于疫情的
and the pandemic was all over the news,
我们什么乐趣都没有
and none of us were having any fun at all,
没有人笑 他想让我们笑
and nobody was laughing, and he wanted to make us laugh.
是啊
Yeah.
这就是他想要的生日礼物
And that's what he wanted for his birthday.
我看着他 看到他眼里闪烁的光
And when I looked at him and I saw that light in his eyes,
他真像他爸
he looked just like his dad.
同样的光芒
That same sparkle.
同样的喜悦
That same delight.
这真是个很美的最喜欢的事了
That's a pretty good favorite thing.
我如果早知道要在妈妈和女儿当中
If I'd known I was going to have to choose
选择一个人上呼吸机
whether to vent a mother or her daughter,
我就不上医学院了
I would have quit med school.
如果我能预见这些事
If I'd seen a tenth of what I've seen these past few months,
我也不上了
I would have quit, too.
我们根本不该来这
We shouldn't even be here.
我们是怎么到这个地步的
How did we get here?
我们辞职吧
Let's quit.
别回波士顿
Don't go back to Boston.
我们拥有彼此 还有耳机
We've got each other. We've got our earbuds.
我们就享受当下吧
Let's just live while we can.
你去哪我去哪
I'll go where you go.
但我们都知道你不会辞职的
But we both know you won't let yourself quit.
休息一会 好吗
Take a break, okay?
我去看看你的病人
I'll check on your patients.
我们可以共用耳机
We can share earbuds.
所以
And...?
如果她们共用一个呼吸机呢
What if they can share a vent?
告诉施密特继续压送氧气
Tell Schmitt to keep bagging!
这种机器能够产生
The machines are capable of delivering
比任何单独一个病人需要的压强更大
much stronger pressure than any one patient needs.
我们只需选择T型或Y型分离器
And we just need to adapt the vents
装在气流管上
to serve two patients at once
这样呼吸机就能同时供两个病人使用
by using a T- or a Y-shaped splitter on the airflow tube.
我们用病毒过滤器
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表