剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
"That's all I've got!" "I've got no questions! I've got literally nothing!"
我只准备了关于月球的问题 不提月球 我还能问些什么啊
Anyway, that's enough about space. I wanna move it on.
好的 太空这块不多说了 咱们继续节目
Because I came into the office um...the other day
前几天我去办公室时
and told these two that the Citroen C3 Aircross
我跟他俩说 我最近开的那台
that I'd been driving was very good.
雪铁龙C3 Aircross挺不错的
And they said it wasn't.
他们却对此持有异议
Because it isn't. Yes, it is.
因为那车真的不好 我觉得很好
And I decided to prove that it is
所以我决定对这款车
by doing one of those very thorough tests
进行全面测评
where we cover all the things that matter
检验它所有的重要性能
in a car of this type.
以此来证明这是台好车
Wait a minute, is this gonna be one of those stupid films
等等 又是那种愚蠢的影片
where you do ridiculous tests to discover
你会用各种荒谬的测试
if a car can, I dunno, drive faster than itself?
证明一辆车可以快得超越极速
No.
才不是呢
This is the car in question.
这就是我们说的车
It's a five-seater, front-wheel drive hatchback.
一辆前驱的五座掀背车
Prices start at £14,720
起售价约为14720英镑
and it looks rather funky,
造型相当时髦
with those splashes of orange paint here and there.
车身各处都有橘色喷漆
It's also easy to see out of
从车内可以轻易看见车外
because the windows are made from glass.
因为车窗都是由玻璃制成的
And all the controls fall easily to hand,
所有按键都能很轻易地按到
because they're on the dashboard or the steering wheel,
因为它们全在仪表盘和方向盘上
rather than under the carpet in the boot.
而不是在尾箱的地毯下
But you may be wondering what makes it so special.
但你可能好奇是什么让它如此特别
Well, to find out, I've decided to break the test
为了一探究竟 我决定将测试
down into segments,
拆解开来
so that all the important questions can be answered.
这样所有重要问题都能得到解答
To find out, we've come here
为此我们来到了
to the banked Millbrook Bowl in Bedfordshire.
贝德福德郡的米尔布鲁克椭圆赛道
Citroen say that because the quite small,
雪铁龙说因为这台
1.2 litre, three-cylinder engine
特别版Aircross搭载的1.2升3缸小引擎
in this particular version of the Aircross is turbocharged,
还配有一颗涡轮
it produces 128 horsepower.
因此能产生128匹马力
And now it's time to see what that means
现在就来看看这样的配置
in terms of top speed.
会带来怎样的极速
And here we go.
我们开始吧
Obviously you can't go as fast on a banked track
显而易见 在倾斜赛道上的速度
as you can on the straight and level.
远不如在平地上跑直线
I was going to ask James May why this is so,
我本打算向詹姆斯·梅一探究竟
but um...I was frightened he might tell me so I...
但...我怕他真的会告诉我
so I didn't.
所以我没问
That's 100, moving up into the fifth lane,
161km/h了 转进第五车道
the lane of terror.
恐怖车道
1♥1♥4♥, there it is.
已经183km/h了
And I think that's it.
我觉得这是极限了
Top speed is...
极速是...
Oh, 115. No.
不是吧 185km/h
The little car has more to give.
这小车还有余力
Right, I think we've established there
好的 我们可以确认
that this car's top speed here on the Millbrook Bowl
这车在米尔布鲁克椭圆赛道的极速是
is 115 miles an hour.
185km/h
And that, for a practical, high-riding, family SUV,
这对于一台在正常条件下百公里油耗4.7升的
which can do 50 miles to the gallon in ordinary driving,
高坐姿的家用SUV来说
is not bad.
成绩还不错
But can it do better?
但还能更好吗
OK, what I've done now is hooked up to the back end of a Bentley Bentayga.
我现在跟在一辆宾利添越后面
Now, this is a car with a top speed
那辆车的极速
of 180 miles an hour.
约为290km/h
What it's doing is, it's punching a hole in the air for me
它为我撕破了前方的空气
and I'm driving along in a vacuum.
使我能在真空中行驶
So that should mean I go faster. Let's find out.
所以这应该会让我更快 咱们拭目以待
That's 115 easily.
轻松上了185km/h
116...
117...
I'm also using less fuel,
而且这样我更省油了
so this is good for the environment as well.
所以这样还更环保
119, 120 miles an hour now.
191 193km/h了
121...this is flying!
194 我好像在飞
122 miles an hour, 123!
196km/h 198了
What we're doing now is proving
我们现在证明了
that the Citroen C3 Aircross can go faster than itself.
雪铁龙C3 Aircross能超越自身的极速
124!
God's truth, it's like being in Bluebird!
我的天 就像开着一台蓝鸟
My only worry is that I just saw a single magpie
唯一令我担心的是 我刚刚看见了一只喜鹊
and it is Friday the 13th as I do this.
而且今天还是13号♥ 星期五
So now I'm gonna ease out of this dangerous situation.
所以我要慢慢停止这危险的测试
Well, if the space is smaller than the Aircross,
如果空间比Aircross小
then the answer is no.
那么肯定不行
But if the space is bigger, then the answer is yes.
但如果空间更大 那么当然没问题
And with that sorted out,
这个问题解决后
it's time for one of the most important tests
是时候进行小车的
a little car can face.
最重要测试之一
To find out, I've come to Southampton docks,
为了一探究竟 我来到了南汉普顿码头
where obviously I've been forced to wear a hard hat
很明显在这我必须得戴顶安全帽
in case a ship... lands on my head.
以免有船...砸到我
Anyway, as you can see, the little car has been attached
话归正题 如你所见 这辆小车已经用绳子
by rope to the enormous car transporter.
和那艘巨大的车辆运船连接起来了
Which I've just noticed has a face.
我才注意到这玩意还有个脸
It's Boaty McBoatface!
就像Boaty McBoatface一样
The challenge I'd come up with
我设计的挑战是
was to see if the one-tonne C3
让这辆1吨♥重的C3
could pull the 13,000-tonne ship
拉着这搜13000吨♥的船
a distance of 25 metres.
移♥动♥25米的距离
Right, now, I should explain
我应该解释一下
that my colleagues May and Hammond
我的同事 梅和哈蒙德
think this is a stupid test.
认为这是个愚蠢的测试
They say the Aircross only develops 151 torques
他们说Aircross只有151牛米的扭矩
and that that isn't enough to pull a medium-sized child.
不足以拉动一艘中型游轮
I, however, disagree.
然而 我不敢苟同
Let's do this!
我们开始吧
Oh, Christ, there's some elasticity in that rope!
我天 这绳子还很有弹性
Oh, hello? Why's it going backwards?
怎么回事 为什么还往回走
This is a bit of a worry.
这让人有点忧心
Is that ship... The ship's going back!
那船... 船在后退
Look.
你看
The ship is going back.
船在后退
What... The situation's bad.
现在情况很危急
As we reattached the tow rope,
重新挂上拖绳时
I wondered what had gone wrong.
我不知道哪个环节出了问题
Why did... Did he put his engines in reverse as a sort of amusing joke?
为什么 他是挂了倒档在逗我吗
I mean, he is Greek, the captain.
毕竟这船长是个希腊人
We're not German! It's...
我们不是德国人
We didn't mess your economy up.
不是我们把你们的经济搞垮的
With the rope reattached, we began the test again.
重新挂上拖绳后 我们再次开始测试
Here we go.
走着
That's just clutch spin.
我在磨离合器
Now it's just clutch. That's clutch.
离合器不行了 离合器烧了
Traction control off, that's the only solution.
关掉牵引力控制 这是唯一的办法
Hang on.
等等
I think that ship is moving.
我觉得船开始动了
I think we're getting further and further with each pull.
每次发力船都在一点点前进
Come on, Boaty! Move, you vicious boat!
赶紧的啊小船 走啊你这可恨的船
Give it a bit of left and right.
左右转动一下
What a machine this is!
真是台好车啊
The power and strength of the Citroen.
雪铁龙的力量
That...
那...
That is Boaty McBoatface admitting defeat.
那是Boaty McBoatface投降的声音
And with that sorted out,
这个测试完成后
it was time to address the C3's practicality.
是时候测试C3的实用性了
I should explain, these are not actually Angelina's children,
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表