剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
Don't be a moron! Well, I can't get out, he's parked in the way.
别犯浑行吗 我出不去 那台挡住我了
Well, on that terrible disappointment, back to the tent.
看完这让人失望的画面后 切回帐篷吧
You asked for it. You asked for it.
你自找的
We never got the burgers either.
我们最后也没吃到汉堡
No, we didn't.
没错
We uh...
我们
We shall pick that up later on.
我们待会再继续
But now it is time to drop the car keys of chat
但现在时候把聊天的钥匙
down the drain of debate...
掉入唠嗑街上的
on Conversation Street.
辩论水管了
That's a little weird.
这还真是有点奇怪
How'd you do that? Don't know. Can't remember.
你怎么做到的 不知道 不记得了
Can I just begin by saying that I think the very concept of incongruity
我觉得 刚才那段里的詹姆斯梅
was defined in that film in Detroit by James May,
在底特律完美诠释了什么是不协调
the slowest moving man in history,
史上最慢的男人
driving around in a car called The Exorcist.
开着一辆叫驱魔人的车
Yeah, it just doesn't work. "James May is The Exorcist."
完全不搭 詹姆斯梅是驱魔人
No, I mean, if he's gonna have a car, it should be called The Florist.
如果他有辆车 应该叫园艺师
Or The Organist.
或者是管风琴演奏家
Simple change to that, The Onanist. Nice.
稍微改一下 撸管家 这个好
I think The Onanist would work well. Have you quite finished?
我觉得撸管家挺合适 你们说完了吗
Uh...yeah. Good, actually I'd like to talk about Motor City.
说完了 那就好 我想聊聊汽车城
More specifically, what's happening to it.
确切得讲 如今的汽车城怎么了
I'll tell you what's happening to it.
我告诉你怎么了
It is being slowly ruined by vegetable-ists.
它们都被蔬菜爱好者给毁了
Oh, God. It is!
天 真的
There are two million acres of land in Detroit, OK?
底特律有2百万英亩的土地 好吗
Would anybody like to guess how many acres have been given over to allotments?
猜猜有多少英亩用来做园艺了
Six.
6英亩
1,000. No, it's three.
1000 不 3英亩
Three acres.
3英亩
And he's driven over two of them. Exactly.
他还开车轧坏了2英亩 没错
Yes, and rightly so. It's like cancer.
就该这样 好吗 这就跟癌症似的
It's not like cancer! It is!
这不是癌症 这就是
If you said, "I've got two billion cells in my body
难道你会说 我身体里有20亿个细胞
and only three are cancerous so I shall do nothing..."
只有三个是癌细胞 我什么都不用做
You don't, you cut them out.
你不会 你会把它们切除
Yeah, but cancer is a serious threat to your health.
没错 但癌症会威胁人的健康
Well, so are vegetables. They are.
蔬菜也是 真的
You do know you're mad?
你知道你脑子有问题吧
No, I'll tell you what I'm mad about.
我告诉你这是怎么回事
I'm mad as hell about Detroit.
我觉得底特律有问题
Because in 1960, that was the richest city in America.
因为在1960年 那是美国最富有的城市
The richest. And now it is the poorest.
最富有的 现在是最穷的
And no other city anywhere in the world has collapsed that quickly.
世界上没有哪个城市倒得这么快
What about Hiroshima?
广岛怎么说
Apart from Hiroshima.
除了广岛
Pompeii.
庞培古城
Yes, apart from Hiroshima and Pompeii,
行吧 除了广岛和庞培
no city has collapsed as fast as Detroit has.
没有城市倒得像底特律这么快
It's unbelievable. Incredible the scale of it.
难以相信 确实 影响范围太广
There used to be 43 car factories in Detroit.
底特律曾经有43家车厂
43.
43家
Now two. Just two.
现在还有2家 2家
I actually think it's because America won the war, weirdly.
奇怪的是 我认为是因为美国打赢了那场战争
Vietnam. Really?
越战 真的吗
No, I was lying. They lost that one.
没有 我骗你的 越战他们输了
Not in all the films, they didn't.
电影里美国可没输
They won in the films but when you add up all the battles they won,
电影里是赢了 但是你把所有的战役加起来
weirdly they lost the war. Did they?
他们输了整场战争 是吗
No, I'm actually talking about World War II.
不是 其实我说的是二战
At the end of that, Japan had lost its empire, so it lost all its resources.
因为二战后 日本输了 所以它失去了所有资源
So they were forced to make compact, economical, efficient cars.
只能制♥造♥经济省油的紧凑型小车
And then the oil crisis hit in 1973,
然后1973年石油危机
and the Americans, with their big V8s,
这些开V8的美国人
were forced to buy small, compact, economical cars from Japan.
只能去买♥♥日本的经济型小车
And then realised they were better.
最后还发现日本车更好
No, I think it's because American cars are too cheap.
不 我觉得是因为美国车太便宜了
Too cheap? It's a business thing. That's the problem.
太便宜了 这是商业问题 这就是症结
Sorry, everyone, I fear we are about to get an economic lecture from...
不好意思各位 恐怕他要给我们讲授经济学课程了
...Chancellor Hammond here.
有请哈蒙德校长
Well, no. The other Chancellor Hammond.
没有 另一位哈蒙德
No, you are... Now concentrate, let me put this into context for you.
你别闹 听清楚了 我帮你捋一捋
A lot of supercars have arrived on the scene recently.
最近新出了很多超跑
I've got pictures of them. This is the McLaren Speedtail,
这里有些图片 这是迈凯伦Speedtail
that's 1,000 horsepower.
1000匹马力
Costs £2.1 million.
210万英镑
And its wheels are odd. They are. They don't match.
这轮子真奇怪 对 和车身不太搭
This is the Aston Martin Valkyrie, that's 1,000 horsepower again.
这是阿斯顿马丁 Valkyrie 也是1000匹马力
£2.5 million.
250万英镑
This one, that's the Ferrari FXX-K Evo,
这台是法拉利FXX-K Evo
1,000 horsepower, £3.5 million.
1000匹马力 350万英镑
Best looking Ferrari of all time, that.
有史以来最好看的法拉利
It does look amazing, yeah, It is absolutely staggering.
确实很好看 非常养眼
However, they've all got 1,000 horsepower,
但是 他们都有1000匹马力
which means they will all be undriveable.
也就是说它们都无法被驾驭
Yeah, whereas my Exorcist has 1,000 horsepower
没错 我的驱魔师也有1000匹马力
and is undriveable for under £100,000.
也无法驾驭 但价格低于10万英镑
Yes, and that's... that's exactly my economic point.
没错 从经济学上来说就是这样
They're selling them too cheap.
他们卖♥♥得太便宜了
They're just giving it away.
简直就是白送
If American carmakers doubled the price of the cars that they sell,
如果美国车企们都把售价调高一倍
bear with me, they would double the money that they make.
听我说 他们赚的钱也会提高一倍
It's not that complicated when you think about it.
你们仔细想想 其实没有那么复杂
If you follow the logic.
如果你们遵循逻辑的话
I've said before, the wrong Hammond is in charge of Britain's--
我早就说了 管理英国财政的不应该是那个哈蒙德…
Yeah. It is incredible.
没错 这很惊人
You've got a supply and demand graph.
在供需关系图上
If you take away the demand axis,
如果你把需求侧的轴去掉
life becomes much easier when it's all just supply.
只有供给侧 一切都会变得很美好
Precisely. The Hellcat that I was driving
说的没错 我开的那辆地狱猫
was priced at £67,000.
售价6万7千英镑
Yeah. People are now selling them,
没错 现在这款车
that same car, second-hand for £120,000.
在二手车市场价值12万英镑
And one bloke has advertised one for half a million.
还有一个家伙开价50万英镑
So that means they were too cheap and I'm right.
也就是说他们卖♥♥得太便宜了 我是对的
It is hard to argue with that. Unassailable.
我简直无法反驳 有理有据
And we don't have time, so let's move it on.
可惜我们没有时间了 接下来
Because you may remember in the very first show
你们可能还记得
of The Grand Tour in the first season...
在The Grand Tour首播集中
I was blown away by a McLaren P1.
我被迈凯伦P1的表现惊呆了
Yeah, I do remember. You said it would be faster
我记得 你说它会比
than the Porsche 918 and the Ferrari LaFerrari.
保时捷918和法拉利拉法都快
Mmhm. And, no, wait a minute, it wasn't, was it?
没错 等一下 是这样吗
And as a result, the only thing that got blown away was your house.
到最后唯一飞了的是你的房♥子
That's undoubtedly true. Yeah.
确实如此 是啊
But the thing is, it remains to this day the most exciting,
但问题是 时至今日 它依旧是我驾驶过的
most brutal, most visceral car I've ever driven.
最令人兴奋 也是最野蛮凶残的一辆车
And I didn't think it could ever be topped,
我一度认为它已经无法被超越了
but McLaren have given it a bash.
但却被迈凯伦打了脸
And I thought, "Well, if they've built a car that can out-P1 a P1,
我就想 如果他们造了一辆比P1还P1的车
I'd better test it somewhere a bit less...
我试车的地方最好不要像埃博拉赛道一样…
narrow and a bit less tree-lined
不要那么狭窄 也不要有那么多树
and a bit less covered in deers and badgers than the Eboladrome.
更不要到处都是乱窜的鹿和獾
So I took it to the fastest racetrack in Europe,
因此我把它带到了欧洲最快的一条赛道
which is... Actually, anyone wanna guess which it is?
也就是…有人能猜到吗
Monza? No, not Monza.
蒙扎吗 不是蒙扎
Spa. Not Spa.
斯帕 也不是斯帕
Do you know? What?
你自己知道吗 什么
Do you know?
你知道吗
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表