剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
One slight complaint about the Fiat,
对于这辆菲亚特 我只有一个不满之处
the pedals are very, very small and very close together.
踏板都很小 而且靠的太近了
And if you try and operate them with, let's say, your feet,
如果你尝试用你的脚来控制它们的话
you'll find that your feet are too big.
你就会发现你的脚太大了
Really, you just need to use a toe on each.
说实在的 用一个脚趾控制就够了
Soon, Hammond spotted a racetrack
不久 哈蒙德发现了一条赛道
and suggested we have a go on it.
然后建议我们去上面开开试试
And as we pulled up, it became clear
当我们停车时 大家发现
that tiny pedals weren't his only problem.
迷你踏板并不是他唯一的麻烦
That's quite high revs. Yeah, it idles quite high.
转速挺高啊 对 怠速转速很高
Is that its idle speed? Yes.
那是它的怠速吗? 是的
It's keen!
这辆车按捺不住啊
Since this was actually a go-cart track,
由于这是条卡丁车跑道
it was too narrow for car racing.
用于赛车的话不够宽
So I decided we should have a drifting competition.
所以我决定我们应该比赛漂移
Come on, little Fiat.
来吧 小菲亚特
It doesn't work.
漂不起来
It simply doesn't really have the power to...
这辆车就是没有甩尾所需要的
...throw its tail out properly.
足够的动力
Even though my Alfa had twice the horsepower of the Fiat,
虽然我的阿尔法的马力是菲亚特的两倍
things weren't great for me either.
情况依旧不容乐观
You can't unstick the tail of a GTV6.
你无法把GTV6的车尾甩出去
You just can't. Ready?
就是不行 看着
Just grip and more grip.
只有无尽的抓地力
I know Roger Moore drifted a GTV6 in Octopussy.
我知道罗杰·摩尔在《007之八爪女》里开着GTV6漂移过
But then he crashed into a fence
但他随后便撞进了栅栏
and had to dress up as a clown.
然后被迫打扮成小丑
In the Gamma, I was confident
在这辆伽玛里
I'd succeed where my colleagues had failed.
我确信我能在那两位倒下的地方站起来
Right, here we go.
好 来吧
Lancia is one of the greatest names in rallying history,
蓝旗亚是拉力赛车史上最伟大的厂商之一
so a controlled drift should be second nature to this.
所以可控的漂移对它来说应当是小菜一碟
As I approach that corner, I'll heel and toe it and...
在我靠近那个弯时 我只需做跟趾动作
Hm.
嗯
Brake, lift-off.
刹车 收油
Nope.
还是不行
At this point, I suddenly remembered something important.
这时我想起了一件重要的事
This is front-wheel drive, isn't it?
这不是辆前驱车吗
What was I thinking of?
我想什么呢
It's not gonna drift.
前驱车怎么可能漂移
Happily, though, the enthralled local audience were able to find a solution.
幸运的是 热情围观的当地观众帮我解决了这个问题
What I do is, I take the rear wheels off,
解决方案是 把后车轮拿下来
let the tyres down and put these plastic covers on.
放气 然后把这些塑料包装覆上去
Then pump the tyres back up again, put them back on,
然后再给轮胎打气 重新把它们装上去
that gives the car the loose back end you want to drift.
车就有了能够漂移的后车尾
These are just...this is like putting insulating tape
这就像是把绝缘胶带
on the back wheels of your Scalextric cars.
贴到玩具轨道赛车的后轮上一样
Stand by.
准备看着吧
With no help from anyone else on this freezing day,
在寒冷中 而且没有任何人帮助的情况下
the drift covers were soon fitted.
我很快装好了漂移轮套
Oh, here we go.
来吧
Right, turn in...
好 入弯
...get the drift going, then...
准备好漂移 然后
This entertainment went on for quite some time.
这个娱乐项目持续了很久
No.
不行
Until eventually...
终于…
Dab of brakes, in.
轻点刹车 入弯
Hold it, hold it! He turned the steering wheel!
等等 他打了方向盘
He turned the steering wheel! He did a thing to it.
他竟然会打方向盘了 他居然做对了一个动作
Ye-e-es!
就是这样
Yes, yes, yes.
就是这样
This looks like a lot of fun.
这看起来很好玩
We're gonna do that. We've gotta try it.
我们也要试试
Oh, no, there's the only set.
不行 那个漂移改装只有一套
What, of those things? Yeah, they're the only set, so we can't do it.
不会吧 唯一的一套 对 所以我们漂不了
No, we can... We can make some.
没关系 我们可以自己做啊
Did you ask if you could borrow this bit?
你借这个东西问过别人吗
No, but they won't need it.
没问 但是他们不会需要这个的
And rotate. Aaaah...
然后转到另一边 啊啊啊啊
This goes over.
这个套到上面
It'll require a little bit of persuasion.
不过可能需要费费口舌说服他们
James May just drifted perfectly behind you.
詹姆斯·梅刚刚在你身后完美地漂移了一次
This is another of those weird days.
没什么稀奇的 今天就是怪事频出的一天
With his tyre covers made,
改造好他的轮胎后
Hammond decided not to hold back.
哈蒙德决定放手一搏
Oh, this is gonna be...
哦 情况看起来...
I mean, seriously, he's gonna get to that corner, then...
说真的 等他到了那个弯 然后就…
Where can the helicopter land?
这里能停急救直升机吗
Here comes a drift, here it comes.
来了 要漂移了
And drifting.
给我漂起来
Agh!
啊
Completely out of control.
完全失控了
Let's just try again.
我们再试一次
All right, one of them... no, that's fallen off.
好吧 有一个套子掉了
That could be interesting.
这就很有趣了
And I am turning in. Drifting.
现在入弯 然后漂移
Oh, no, I'm, no, there's... I've got steering.
不 别 我的转向系统失灵了
Annoyingly, Hammond's dismal failure didn't stop him
烦人的是 哈蒙德的惨败并没有阻止他
fitting his ridiculous contraptions to my precious Alfa.
把他的改装安到我的宝贝阿尔法上
And insisting that I have a go.
他还坚持让我试试
Think of the trouble Alfa Romeo went to
想想阿尔法·罗米付出了多少努力和汗水
to make this car exquisite.
才造就了如此精美的一辆车
Think of the trouble that Pirelli went to
想想倍耐力又付出了多少努力和汗水
to make the tyres grip properly.
才造就了抓地这么好的轮胎
And then along comes Hammond with a bin.
然后哈蒙德带着他的垃圾桶来乱改了一番
Whatever, here we go.
不管那些了 我们来试试
What was that noise?
刚刚是什么声音
Whole car's vibrating.
整辆车都在震
Yeah, that's a massive vibration.
没错 在狂震
Hammond, you blithering idiot,
哈蒙德 你个傻♥逼♥
you've totally ruined this car!
你真的是毁了这辆车
An inspection of the undersides revealed some grim news.
检查了车底后 带来了不好的消息
That has come off. So the prop shaft is now...
那个掉下来了 也就是说后驱传动轴
Well, it's still joining the gearbox
还连着变速箱
or the transaxle to the engine, but by a thread.
或者说是连着驱动桥到引擎 但是摇摇欲坠
And if I did anything more that rev it like that, it's gonna come off.
只要转速比现在这样高那么一点 传动轴就会掉下来
If I'm driving along, then that's the end of the Alfa.
如果我继续开这辆阿尔法 它肯定会完蛋的
Well, that's interesting.
嗯 有意思
Uh...my car's working and I'd like a drink.
我的车没事 而且我还想喝一杯
The hotel is about 25 miles away.
酒店离这里大概40公里远
So, I think I'll get on with it, if you don't mind.
所以 如果你不介意的话 我就出发了
You can't leave... No, you can't leave me now.
不行 你怎么能在现在这种时候离开我
What do you mean, I can't leave you now?
什么意思 什么叫不能现在离开你
Have you seen... Have you seen how cold it is?
你看到现在有多冷吗
I can't see how cold it is, but I can feel it.
我看不到现在有多冷 但是我能感受到
I actually just looked. "Drizzle 6, feels like 2."
我还真的查了一下 "小雨 6℃ 体感温度2℃"
Well, you know what would warm you up? What?
你知道什么能帮你暖和起来吗 什么
A bicycle ride. It always does.
骑自行车 效果拔群
20 miles through this...
在这种冰冷刺骨…
...freezing middle of nowhere.
荒无人烟的地方骑40公里
Hey, Richard the hamster Hammond, is your car warm and dry?
嘿 鼹鼠哈蒙德 你车里温暖干燥吗
I'm just checking. Yeah, I'm warm and dry. You warm and dry?
我就是随意问问 没错 我这里温暖干燥 你呢
I'm very warm and dry.
我这里格外的温暖干燥
Oh, I meant to ask, would you like a long gin and tonic sitting at a barstool?
哦对了 你想不想坐在酒吧高脚凳上 来一大杯金汤力
Yes. Yes, I would.
当然想了
And we've only got... Well, it's not far in a car!
如果开车的话 离目的地就不远了
Oh, God.
哦 天啊
Oh, come on!
认真的吗
Rub it in! Seriously, rub it in!
来啊 继续在我伤口上撒盐啊
We're gonna need to rehearse it.
我们得排练一下
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表