剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
and Don't Stop Believing by Journey comes on the radio,
电台里在放Journey乐队的Don't Stop Believing
you say, "This is rubbish," and you huff and puff and turn it off.
你会说"什么垃圾" 然后生气地关掉
If you're on your own and it comes on, you turn it up and you sing along.
但如果你一个人听到它 你肯定会调大音量跟着唱
You do.
真的
Chaps, did you know mine only comes with one seat as standard?
伙计们 我这辆车只标配一个座椅 你们信吗
Really? What?
真的吗 什么
As standard, you get one seat in a Demon.
作为标配 Demon只有一个座椅
You can opt to have the others put back in
你可以选装其他的座椅
and it costs you a dollar.
要多花1美元
Which seat do they put in as standard?
他们标配哪个座椅来着
Eventually, we decided to pull over in our motoring theme park
最终 我们决定在汽车主题公园停下
to see which of our fairground muscle rides
看看哪辆游乐场肌肉车
would be the fastest...
会是最快的…
...in a street drag race.
通过一场街头竞速
So what I'm thinking is here, when the lights go green...
我设想的是 变绿灯以后…
What's a quarter of a mile, just beyond the church?
四分之一英里有多远 过了那个教堂吗
Yeah, something like that. Perfect.
差不多吧 很好
What if the police come? Well, he won't. He's in Beverly Hills.
警♥察♥来了怎么办 不会的 警♥察♥都在贝弗利山
I've seen the movie. Why can't we just do this
电影都这么演 我们为什么不像往常
on a racetrack or a runway like we usually do?
找个赛道或者跑道比呢
Because we're here to prove that this is a racetrack.
因为我们要证明这里就是赛道
Detroit is empty now and should just be used for this sort of thing.
底特律已经空了 这就是它的价值
Yes, yes, but it isn't a real race, an actual racetrack.
对 但这不是真比赛 不是真赛道
No, it is! It is!
是啊 这就是
This is where the muscle car was born.
这里是肌肉车的诞生之地
I can't do it. Why can't you do it?
我跑不了 为啥你跑不了
Because Dodge only lent me that car
因为道奇的借车条件
if I promised not to do any drag racing on the road with it.
要求我不能在街头玩直线竞速
What? That's what it's for!
为什么 它就是为此而生的
I know. That's literally what it's for.
我知道 那就是它的宿命啊
Yes, I know, but that's the way it is. Sorry..
我知道 但确实这样 抱歉
D'you think it's an insurance...?
你觉得是保险的问题…
It is, because it's him. No. It's not.
对 因为是他开 才不是
Don't want it on the roof. "Who's driving it?" Richard Hammond.
可不想翻车 "谁开车?" 理查德·哈蒙德
You can't drive it. It's just what they said and I'm really sorry.
你不能开 他们就是那么定的 真的很抱歉
So, we can't do it, I'm sorry. We can.
所以我们不能比 我俩可以
You're not gonna do it without that--
你们打算不带我…
Uh...let me think. Yeah, we are.
额 我想想…没错
Just right... Just right the way, right the way off.
麻烦你去… 去 走开点
One for all and all for yourselves, that's how it goes, isn't it?
人人为我 我也为我 是这个意思吧
Having decided to make the doorway of a barber shop the finishing line,
我们决定把理发店当做终点线
James and I prepared for the race.
詹姆斯和我准备比赛了
I'm only doing this to annoy Hammond. I mean, I can't possibly win.
我这么做只是为了让哈蒙德不爽 反正我赢不了
Yes, I've got a supercharged V8,
对 我有机械增压V8
but it only produces 720 horsepower.
但只有720匹马力
That's 280 less than The Exorcist.
比驱魔师少了整整280匹
I don't wanna sound like you, but the launch control in this car
我也不想听起来和你似的 但它的弹射起跑
is so complicated there's a YouTube video about it.
太复杂了 网上有视频教程
And I have watched it, but I've forgotten.
我看过 但已经忘了
Why don't we have a gentleman's agreement to not use launch control?
我们应该公平竞技 大家都不用弹射起步
Well, that might save my clutch, so...
嗯 对我的离合器比较友好 那就…
Yes, right. We won't use launch control.
好 我们都不用弹射起步
I've got a manual gearbox. You can both do it naked for all I care.
我是手动变速箱 你们脱♥光♥了比赛我都不管
Just get on with it.
麻烦快点开始
Oo-ooh, look at Captain Cheerful over there!
噢~ 看看鼹鼠上尉笑得多开心
Air con is off.
空调已关
May got a good start.
梅的起步很好
Come on, come on, come on, come on,
加油 加油 加油
there's only a one-car length in it!
就差一个车身啊
Easy!
小意思
Bloody Nora, that was close!
妈的 就差一点点
But I got a terrible start, so we gotta do it again, May.
但我刚才起步很糟糕 再来一次吧 梅
Put it in first gear.
挂入一挡
I can't do it. It's spinning its wheels.
不行了 车轮在空转
You do know you're both too old for this, don't you?
你们的年纪不适合玩这个了 你们知道吗
What, for driving muscle cars up and down the public roads of Detroit?
玩什么 在底特律的公共道路上开肌肉车撒野吗
Because nobody else is using them.
路上又没人
Well, Richard Hammond certainly isn't using them.
反正哈蒙德肯定没在用
Since it was one-all and we were having enormous fun annoying Hammond,
既然现在1比1 我们又很享受惹恼哈蒙德的过程
we decided to go again.
我们决定再来一次
What is this, best of 30 now?
想干嘛 大战30回合吗
What else are we gonna do?
还能怎么办
Keep going till one of you wets yourselves.
你们比比谁先尿裤子吧
For the next 17 runs,
在接下来的17局中
the result was always the same.
结果都是一样的
Thank you very much.
多谢参与
Come on! Come on!
加油 加油
Give up, buddy.
放弃吧 老兄
I'm angry.
我生气了
I'm not giving in, James. One more.
我还没放弃 詹姆斯 再来一次
Oh, for God's sake!
噢我的天
I gave him my word I wouldn't use launch control.
我保证过不用弹射起步
and I'm simply going to go back on that and not tell him.
但我打算反悔 并且不告诉他
That was a good gear change. So was that.
这是个完美换挡 这个也是
But there's just nothing I can do to get up with that 1,000 horsepower monster.
但无论如何我也比不过1000马力的怪兽
Finally, I waved the white flag.
终于 我投降了
And then we took a closer look
然后我们近距离观察了一下
at the savage beating heart of The Exorcist.
驱魔师那野蛮的心脏
And that's the standard Corvette engine, basically.
这基本上就是台标准的科尔维特引擎
Z06, yeah. With a supercharger plonked on the top.
没错 Z06 上面安了一个机械增压器
That's there, yes? Yes, 2.9 litre supercharger.
就是那个 对吗 对 2.9升的机械增压器
So the bit they've bolted to your engine
所以他们加装在引擎上的结构
is bigger than most European engines?
就已经比很多欧洲车的发动机还大
Yes. So is the one on mine. It's 2.7 litres.
没错 我那台加装了2.7升的
Yeah, not as big. The point is, Hammond, this is The Exorcist.
对 没这个大 但问题在于我这辆是驱魔师
The job of The Exorcist is to vanquish the Demon.
驱魔师的工作就是消灭恶魔
It's like, you remember in the '60s, I think,
就好像 我记得在60年代
De Tomaso made a car called the Mangusta,
德·托马索造了一辆车叫做Mangusta
which is Italian for mongoose.
就是意大利语的猫鼬
Yes, and a mongoose can kill a cobra, can't it?
没错 猫鼬可以杀死眼镜蛇 对吧
That's why they did it. Yes, but this hasn't vanquished the Demon.
所以他们才设计了那车 但是这还没打败恶魔呢
It hasn't beaten it. Tell you what.
它还没赢呢 这么着吧
Why don't you find a racetrack or a runway somewhere, OK?
不如去找条赛道或者跑道 行吗
I'll gracefully bow out.
我就不参加了
And we can have a race between good...and evil.
这样你们就能来一场善恶之争
First, though, we decided to find out which of our cars makes the loudest noise.
但首先 我们要看看哪台车声浪最强
There were, of course, many possible locations
诚然 这项重要测试
for this important test.
有很多可行场地
But eventually, we found one that was absolutely ideal.
但最后 我们找到了一个绝佳场所
What is this place?
这是什么地方
Well, it obviously was a theatre.
很明显 这曾是个剧院
They built it on the site
这里曾经也是
of Henry Ford's first ever workshop.
亨利福特的第一间工作坊的旧址
And when I say theatre... Oh, wow!
当我说剧院 哇
So it was in 1925 they built it,
他们在1925年建成
when Detroit was just about the richest city in the world.
那时底特律正是世界上最富有的城市
You can see that. They can just build that.
看得出来 他们能造出这样的建筑
And then in the '70s, it was converted into a rock venue.
到了70年代 这被改造成了一个摇滚会所
So, I mean, look at these tickets I've got for it.
看看我手里的这些票根
ZZ Top. ZZ Top and T Rex.
ZZ Top ZZ Top和T Rex
What a gig that would've been! It would've been fantastic.
这得是什么样的演出啊 这场肯定超棒
Sly And The Family Stone, Spencer Davis.
斯莱和斯通一家 斯宾塞戴维斯
Steve Winwood has performed in here.
史蒂夫温伍德在这表演过
David Bowie performed in here.
大卫鲍威在这表演过
Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Seger. This was a serious venue.
蓝色牡蛎崇拜 鲍勃西格都来过 这可不是闹着玩的
Oh, serious venue.
没错
And then, there were some credit card companies
然后 有几家信♥用♥卡♥公♥司♥
in the offices which are behind that wall.
就在隔壁的办公楼
And they said, "We need some parking."
他们说 我们要个停车场
And just bought it and turned it into a multi-storey car park.
就把这买♥♥下来 改成多层停车场了
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表