剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
But actually, in this superheated-city,
但实际上 在这奇热无比的城市中
there's an even better reason for buying a Cadillac.
买♥♥凯迪拉克还有一个更重要的原因
When Americans build a car,
美国人造车时
they start with the air-conditioning unit
往往从空调系统开始入手
and then say, "Right, let's fit a car to it.
之后决定 给空调套个车壳吧
It's top priority."
这是要务
Speaking of which...
说到这儿
What this is, viewers, if you were wondering,
估计你们正纳闷
is something called an ice towel.
这叫做冰毛巾
You soak it in water and it remains cool for up to two hours.
用水浸湿 就可以保持近两小时的凉爽
Borrowed it from one of the crew. It's fantastic.
从摄影哥们那借的 非常管用
Eventually, we decided to leave
最终 我们决定离开这个
the centre of the biggest city you've never heard of.
你闻所未闻的巨型城市中心
So we negotiated
于是我们
this gentleman's sausage-shaped junction
驶过这个丁日状的立交桥
to try our cars on the freeway.
去高速路上试车
Where, immediately, we had a problem.
然而 问题马上来了
Every few hundred yards,
每隔几百米
there's a gantry with cameras covering all the lanes.
就有一个装摄像头的横梁 监控着每条车道
And every single car is photographed.
每辆车都会拍照
And every single photograph is then analysed by...
照片都会由官员检查
..an official in a room to make sure the driver is smoking.
确保每位司机都在抽烟
Because as far as I can work out,
因为据我观察
that is still compulsory here.
大家都这么干
Other things - well, they're making sure
除此之外 他们要求每位司机
that you have your seatbelt done up,
都系好安全带
that you're not talking on a mobile phone.
不能开车打电♥话♥
And that you're not...
不能...
Oh, how can I put this?
怎么说呢
...touching either yourself or your passenger.
不能自摸或摸乘客
Apparently that's a thing in China.
很明显 中国这事挺流行
Quite a few people are prosecuted for pleasuring themselves,
不少人开长途时 因为自摸
or one another, on a long journey.
或者摸别人被起诉了
Yes! Oh, yes.
爽 啊 好爽
Ohh! Oh, yes.
爽啊
That is... that's actually really nice.
真舒服
Ow! Shit, I've fanned my todger.
啊 风扇打到丁丁了
Eventually, we arrived at the location
终于 我们到达了目的地
for our first test.
进行第一项测试
It's one of 78 centres around Chongqing
这是重庆的78个驾校之一
where teenagers can learn to drive away from the traffic.
年轻人可以远离车流 学习驾驶
To us, however, it looked like a racetrack.
对我们来说 这就像个赛道
Which made it perfect for an ingenious handling test
这也让它成为了我刚想到的操控测试的
that I'd just thought of.
完美举办地
Now, to do this, we're gonna use drones, like this one,
我们需要一架无人机来完成测试
which have been fitted with flamethrowers.
上面装有火焰喷射器
They actually use these in China for clearing um...
在中国 他们用这来清理
litter that's got stuck on overhead power cables.
高架输电线路上的垃圾
Right. So how are we going to use airborne flamethrowers, like this,
好吧 但我们要怎么用飞行火焰喷射器
to test the power and agility of our cars?
测试车子的动力和灵活性
Good question. Each of our cars has, as you can see,
好问题 如你所见 每辆车上
been fitted with three chains of firecrackers.
放了三挂鞭炮
One on the bonnet, one on the roof, one on the boot lid. OK?
分别在车头 车顶 还有后备箱盖上
So you drive round a special course here,
在这个特殊赛道上驾驶
while you're attacked by the airborne flamethrowers.
同时会被飞行火焰喷射器攻击
And then you score a point when you've finished
每一个没点燃的目标
for every one of the targets that haven't gone off.
得一分
Since we were up against two geeky millennials
由于对手是两位新时代宅男
and we'd be driving powerful Western saloons,
而我们驾驶着强劲的西方豪车
we figured we could outrun and outsmart
我们自认为在速度和智慧上
the drones easily.
可以轻松碾压无人机
Sadly, though, it was a massacre.
然而 这是场屠♥杀♥
Ah, fire from the sky!
空中火力攻击
There's the drone on my left. The first one.
我的左边有一架无人机 一号♥弯
Ah, God.
啊
God's truth!
我的天啊
Fire everywhere. Oh, God.
到处是火花 我的天
Bandit at ten o'clock.
敌人在十点钟方向
Oh, no! Oh, shit!
不要啊 我去
That will have alarmed him. It will have slightly, yeah.
这会吓到他吧 没错 小吓一下
You know, dogs don't like fireworks? No, they hate it.
你知道狗不喜欢鞭炮吗 没错 他们恨死了
That was such a good laugh.
确实让人喜笑颜开
Belting around with airborne flamethrowers.
和飞行火焰喷射器周♥旋♥
Really good afternoon, that was. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
很棒的一个下午 是是是
What? Hang on.
咋了 等一下
Yeah? That was a totally useless test.
怎么 这个测试毫无意义
Why was it? Well, we did nothing
为什么 这一切
to convince Chinese business people
都不能说服中国商人们
that our second-hand limos were a good idea.
我们的二手豪车也是不错的选择
And we all scored nought.
我们都是零分
Yeah, and we all ruined our paintwork as well. Yes, but it'll buff out.
而且车漆都毁了 但鞭炮总是会熄灭的
No, it won't. Well, it might.
不 并没有 可能会
Anyway, we shall pick that up later on.
总之 我们一会再继续
But now, it is time for us
现在 让我们
to splash in some puddles of chat...
踏入唠嗑街上
...left by the drizzle of debate
讨论之雨积起的聊天水坑里
that falls on Conversation Street.
溅出一些水花
I like that one. I like that one. Yeah, I know.
我喜欢这个 不错 我知道
We'll stick with China. If we may.
让我们继续聊聊中国
Um...before we were allowed to drive over there,
我们获批可以在那开车前
we all had to sit Chinese driving tests.
都要参加中国的驾考
Now, we've seen driving tests around the world.
我们在世界见过各种驾考
I remember one in India I encountered once,
还记得 我在印度遇到的某次
where a woman passed, even though she was in the back of the car.
一位女士坐在车后座通过了驾考
And her examiner was in another car
而她的考试官在另一辆车上
following along behind. Yeah.
跟在后面 是
Used to be in Egypt that you had to drive six feet forwards,
在埃及 你往前开两米
but then six feet backwards and then you'd pass.
再倒车两米 就通过了
And that was it. I'd love to meet somebody who failed that.
就这么简单 我想看看这有谁考不过
Yeah. Anyhow, so we figured that to get a Chinese driving test
所以 我们以为中国的驾考
it would be, you know, quite an easy test.
应该也是小菜一碟
However, we were in for a bit of a surprise.
但是结果 我们还是惊到了
Now, um...I actually got some footage of Hammond taking his test.
我有段哈蒙德参加考试的视频
Does anyone wanna see it?
有人想看看吗
It's poor quality, it's on my phone, but here we go.
画质很渣 我用手♥机♥拍的 来看看吧
Test centre.
考试中心
Right, so he has to ball his fists.
好的 他得握拳
Then a squat. There he goes. There he goes.
然后下蹲 好了
And then he has to get on some weigh scales.
站上一个体重秤
Tense moment here, tense moment.
这是个紧张的时刻
Still tense.
依然很紧张
You passed! Hammond has passed!
你通过了 哈蒙德通过了
Seriously...
说真的
Well done.
干得漂亮
That was it. Yes!
就这样 是的
It was nothing. I made it look easy.
没什么 主要是我表现得好
That was, well, it was the easiest driving test I've ever heard of.
这真是我见过最简单的驾驶考试
Basically I passed because I proved that my hands do that
就因为我证明了自己的手可以这样
and I'm affected by gravity.
而且受重力控制就通过了
That's it. I think it is actually just a test to check
仅此而已 我觉得这测试就是在确认
that you are a human being and not a dog.
你是人 不是狗
Cos they can't... Sure it was. However, afterwards,
因为狗不能... 没错 在这之后
we were taken in to a sort of lecture theatre
我们被带到一间教室
by a man who...
一个男的
talked us through the perils of the road in China.
告诉我们 中国道路上可能出现的各种危险
And he said that we had to look out for a number of things
他说我们需要注意一些东西
running out into the road, in front of us.
他们可能会跑到路中间
Including, and I'm not - this is a quote, yes?
其中包括 不骗人 这是原话
You will back me up on this. This is what he said.
你们替我作证 这是原话
Including dogs, children, and women.
包括狗 孩子 和妇女
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表