剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
No, it wasn't, was it? No, those aren't quite the right words.
并非如此吧 嗯 确实用错了词
Terrible. What about second?
糟糕透顶 二挡怎么样
Yeah, second...
嗯 二挡…
I don't know, I never found it. No, exactly!
不知道 我从没找到过 正是
Yes, let's not get bogged down with some of the Alfa's minor design flaws.
我们不要纠结于阿尔法的一些细微的设计缺陷
Disasters.
是灾难
Because all three of us have got classic cars.
因为我们仨都买♥♥了经典车
I have, yes. For good money.
没错 花了不少钱
Mmhmm. We're in Scotland.
嗯哼 我们在苏格兰
So why don't we take them on a drive in...
所以我们为何不驾驶它们上…
Well, let's be honest, Scotland is just a road trip.
好吧讲实话 苏格兰就是一场公路旅行
I agree. We could, while we're here, we could do the NC500.
我同意 既然在这儿了 我们可以走NC500公路
Which, I mean, that is sup...
我想说 这应该是…
Voted by Condé Nast Traveller magazine...
根据悦游杂♥志♥的投票统计
voted it the best road trip in the world.
这是世界上最棒的公路之旅
It's got lochs, mountains, it's just--
它有湖 有山 简直是…
All the pretty bits, yeah.
没错 都是好地方
It's all the best bits of Scotland, right,
它途经了苏格兰所有的风景胜地
500 miles round the north coast of Scotland.
沿着苏格兰北海岸线长达800公里
In Italian exotic cars.
驾驶着意大利风情
Oh, hang on. Text. What?
噢等等 有短♥信♥ 什么
Yeah? Mr Wilman.
嗯 是威尔曼先生
Mr Wilman.
威尔曼先生
It says:
他这么说的
"Those cars will not do 500 yards, leave alone 500 miles.
"这几辆车连800米都开不到 还想开800公里
So I've provided three backup vehicles which you can use
所以我准备了一些备用车辆方便你们回家
to get home when they go wrong and catch fire.
就怕车子出故障 或是着火
And explode."
或者爆♥炸♥"
I was wondering what they were. Funny.
我还在想是什么车 真有趣
How did he know we were going to do 500 miles?
他怎么知道我们要开800公里
That's a good point, actually, cos Hammond's only just suggested it.
说得有道理 哈蒙德只是提了一句
How did he know that? How did he get three bicycles...
他怎么知道 他怎么搞来三辆自行车…
Putting Mr Wilman's psychic powers to one side,
先不谈威尔曼先生的读心术
we climbed aboard...
我们上了车
...and set off into the giant oil painting
启程进入这幅巨大的油画画作
that is Scotland.
苏格兰
Oh.
噢
This isn't exactly like the tourist authority would have you believe, is it?
这不是旅游权威推荐的风景 对吧
It doesn't look like it looks
看上去完全不像
on the shortbread tins.
饼干罐子上画的风景啊
This render that they put on everything is like a sort of batter for houses, isn't it?
这里的画风就像房♥子上涂了面糊一样
Batter!
面糊
"I've battered my house."
"我已经把房♥子糊上了"
You can see why they want to be independent, can't you? Get away from us lot.
你能看出来他们为什么想独♥立♥了 离我们远一点
Well, you wouldn't want people coming in and messing all this up, would you?
肯定不想有人过来破坏了这般好风景吧
I used to have a fiercely Scottish neighbour in London.
我以前在伦敦 有个非常苏格兰的邻居
Why would a Scottish person go and live in London?
为什么苏格兰人要住在伦敦啊
I dunno, because he'd do anything for Scotland.
不知道 为了苏格兰 他什么都做得出来
Well, except live there.
除了住在那儿
Was he called Sean Connery?
他是不是叫肖恩·康纳利
Eventually, we cleared the fishing port
终于 我们离开了渔港
and found ourselves on the open road,
驶上了开阔路面
where we could get down to the business
终于可以开始正事
of enjoying our pedigree Italian classics.
享受我们血统纯正的意大利经典车
And the Fiat.
以及菲亚特
My car is just so refined and sophisticated.
我这辆车制♥造♥得如此精良
And in fact, really well looked after by its previous owner.
而且 它的前任车主保养得非常好
It was obviously loved and...
显然是备受呵护而且…
One of my windscreen wipers just fell off.
一根雨刮掉下来了
Oh, dear!
噢我的天
He can't get out. I can't get out.
他出不来 我出不来了
We can only just lift it up, there you go.
我们可以就把它提起来 就像这样
You just have to drive like that.
你就这么开吧
James, can I just say, you've done three miles.
我想说詹姆斯 你就开了5公里
There, it's mended for now. Don't turn it on again.
行了 现在修好了 别再打开了
Just turn it on, I want to see what happens. OK.
打开 我想看看会怎么样 行
Ready?
准备好了吗
In Scotland?
在苏格兰这样
In Scotland, you won't need it, that's the thing. Perfect.
在苏格兰根本用不上 完美
Cos it never rains.
这儿从来不下雨
Right, now we're alone, viewers,
好的观众们 现在只剩我们了
I can reveal that that windscreen wiper incident is really a bit of an aside
说实话 跟这辆车其他的问题相比
compared with some of the other problems this car has.
雨刮只是冰山一角
Most of these relate to the engine.
大多数问题都跟引擎有关
In particular, the way Lancia mounted
具体来说就是蓝旗亚
the power steering pump on the end of one of the cam shafts.
把转向助力泵安在了一根凸轮轴的一端
Basically, you can't really use full lock,
简言之 方向不能打死
especially when the engine's cold, otherwise the engine will explode.
尤其是发动机没热的时候 不然发动机会爆♥炸♥
The thermostat was fitted in the wrong place,
恒温器也装在了错误的地方
which leads to overheating, very suddenly
会导致突然过热
and then the engine can explode.
然后发动机就会爆♥炸♥
And there were some problems with the gasket materials,
缸盖垫片的材料也有点问题
which causes the coolant to mix with the oil
会导致冷却液跟汽油混到一起
with engine-exploding sort of results, really.
然后可能会导致发动机爆♥炸♥
James, I heard Wednesdays can cause your car to explode.
詹姆斯 我听说星期三能导致你的车爆♥炸♥
So you need to be careful tomorrow.
所以明天小心点了
Proximity to trees, lakes, grass,
靠近树木 湖泊 草地
heather, grouse, or tartan.
石楠 松鸡 或者格子花纹
All those things cause it to explode, I'm sure.
能肯定 这些都会让你的发动机爆♥炸♥
Look, I'm sitting here trying to explain to the viewers
听着 我正在跟观众朋友们讲解
why the engine might explode and I'm constantly
为什么发动机可能爆♥炸♥ 但我一直被
interrupted with your stupid exploding engine jokes.
你们这些愚蠢的爆缸笑话打断
OK, carry on, but do it quickly before the engine explodes.
好的你继续 抓紧时间 发动机要爆了
Meanwhile, in the GTV6...
与此同时 在GTV6里…
Ooh, no, what's that?
哦不 怎么回事
That third? Right, good, third.
是三挡吗 嗯很好 三挡
Fourth? Yeah, fourth.
四挡吗 嗯四挡
Or is it fourth or second?
是四挡还是二挡
I was getting reacquainted with all the peculiar little foibles.
我在重新认识车上的各种奇怪的小毛病
Driving position's not brilliant.
驾驶坐姿不太好
Pedals are far too close to the seat,
踏板离座椅太近了
so you have to drive with your legs wide apart.
所以你得双腿大敞地开车
Not so bad if you're a man.
如果你是个男的 那没什么
If you're a girl, though,
但如果你是个女的
trousers is a strategy you need to think about in a morning.
早上出门前你就得考虑穿裤子了
However, despite all the weirdness,
不过 即使有这么多毛病
I do still absolutely love this thing.
我还是爱死了这辆车
It was my ownership of a GTV6
拥有一辆GTV6
that taught me what cars are all about.
教会了我汽车的真谛
You need a personality,
汽车需要个性和缺陷
you need flaws for them to be human.
才能变得像人一样真实
And James May was right for the first time in his life,
有史以来第一次 也是最后一次
and only time in his life:
詹姆斯·梅是正确的:
this is one of the greatest engines ever made.
这是史上最好的引擎之一
The creamiest, the smoothest...
也是运作起来最流畅
...and the most beautiful to listen to.
听起来最美妙的
That's not exhaust noise.
那不是排气声
That's an actual engine.
而是真正的引擎声
As James and I enjoyed our classic thoroughbreds,
当詹姆斯和我享受着我们血统纯正的经典跑车时
Richard was driving along in his purple Fiat.
理查德正在旁边开他的紫色菲亚特
Unleash 80 horsepower.
释放80马力
Well, I mean, this thing only weighs 960 kilos.
不管怎么说 这辆车才960公斤重
Fiat sold 170,000 X19s,
菲亚特卖♥♥了17万辆X19
so this doesn't have rarity like theirs does.
所以这辆车不像那两辆那么稀有
But let's contrast rarity with the opposite, which is popularity.
但是我们得考虑一下稀有度的反面 也就是受欢迎程度
Cos that's what this car was, immensely popular.
因为这辆车是真的很受欢迎
And I have the pop-up head lamps.
而且我还有弹出式前车灯
Oh, yeah!
怎么样 不错吧
I'm gonna pop them down again now.
我再把它们关上
I can do that whenever I want!
我随时随地都能这么干
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表