剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
you'll get ripped off, that's the way it is.
你就要被宰一笔 就是这个道理
They charge accordingly, don't they? That's asking for it.
看人下菜碟对吧 他们自找的
What you should do is ring them up and say,
你要做的应该是 给他们打电♥话♥说
"Could you collect me from the station?" That'd be better.
你们能到车站来接我吗 肯定更好
No, the bus stop. "Pick me up from the bus stop,
不 公交站 到公交站来接我
I've come to look at these cars you're making."
我来看看你造的那些车子
I've just had a thought. Right, picture this.
我有个想法 想像一下
An original Opel Manta A. Remember the one?
初代的欧宝Manta A 记得那车吗
The round taillights? Yeah...yeah, black bonnet.
圆尾灯的 对 黑发动机罩
But with the engine from a modern Vauxhall VXR in it.
但里面放现在沃克斯豪尔的VXR发动机
So I just find some blokes that'll do that for me,
我只要找些伙计愿意帮我♥干♥这活
I do that on the phone, and then I go and visit them on the bus in a tracksuit.
打个电♥话♥给他们 然后穿着运动服坐公交过去
And you'll get charged 50 quid.
他们只会收你50镑
Well, probably 40, cos I need a tenner to get home on the bus.
40差不多 我还要留10磅做公交回去呢
Ooh, now.
噢对了
There's a new electric car
有款新的电动车
from, you're not going to believe this...
车厂是 你们肯定不会信的
Kalashnikov. Really?
卡拉什尼科夫 真的啊
Yeah, the people who make AK-47s are going to start making electric cars.
嗯 造AK-47的那群人打算造电动车了
I like the sound of that.
听着挺带劲啊
Do you want to see a picture of it? Here it is.
你们想看看照片吗 来瞧
Ah. Oh.
噢 哦
No, don't laugh, because from the back it's actually worse.
别笑 从后面看还要更糟呢
There you go. You're right, it is.
瞧 真的没错
Now, I assumed that it would have eight moving parts,
我猜 这车一共只有八个活动部件
that you could bury it in a bog for three months
你把它埋在泥里三个月后
and that it would only jam if Richard Hammond used it.
只有在理查德用的时候才会卡壳
Yes, all right.
呵呵哒
But they say it has revolutionary technology.
但他们说这车有项革命性的新科技
Does it? Does it have central locking, and loading?
是嘛 是有中控锁和中控子弹上膛吗
More importantly, can you fire it in the air at weddings?
更重要的是 你能在婚礼上对天扫射吗
You probably would.
也就你会这样
"Exam results, children," they go out and do that.
成绩出来了 孩儿们 然后就出去扫射
No, but I think the idea of driving a car called a Kalashnikov...
但我觉得开一辆叫卡拉什尼科夫的车
It sounds brilliant. Oh, yeah, pretty good.
听起来太牛了 可不是嘛
Yeah. "What are you driving these days, Rich?"
老理啊 你最近开啥车呢
"Well, it's a Kalashnikov." There you go.
诶 我开辆卡拉什尼科夫 你瞧
There you go. The problem is,
你瞧 问题是
I reckon they're gonna sell a lot of T-shirts
我觉得它们会卖♥♥出很多印着名字的
and mugs and hats with the name on,
T恤 马克杯 帽子之类纪念品
but not many actual cars.
但卖♥♥不出去几辆车
Like Ferrari? Basically Ferrari, yeah.
像法拉利那样 基本就是法拉利了
Oh, er, here's one.
噢这儿有条消息
There's a story I got from the Dorset Echo,
我从多塞特回声报里看到的
which is a local newspaper in Dorset.
是个多塞特当地的报纸
And, um... I think it wins the award for unnecessary reporting,
我觉得它们能赢得 最多此一举报道奖
because it's about a crash that happened
报道的是一起交通事故
between a motorcyclist and a tank.
摩托车和坦克相撞
Happened... Yeah, happened near that army base down there. OK, and it says,
是在那边的军区附近发生的 报道称
"The motorcyclist sustained a suspected fracture to his arm and leg."
摩托车手的手臂和腿可能骨折了
And here's the line they probably didn't need:
然后下一句话 我觉得完全不用说
"The driver of the tank was uninjured."
坦克手完全没受伤
Oh, was he? No?
噢是嘛 没受伤吗
Well, he was lucky to get away with that, wasn't he?
他能毫发无损真是幸运啊
Was he really?
真的吗
I suspect he got back to base and went, "I hit a what?"
我怀疑他回到军营以后还会问呢 我撞到啥了
"Did I?"
真的吗
Good conversation here, I think. Very good conversation.
下面要唠的话题很不错
Because they've announced a new type of motor racing championship for women.
因为最近新推出了一个针对女性的赛车锦标赛
It's called the W Series, OK?
叫做W系列赛
And the idea is is that potentially quite good, you know,
赛事背后的出发点可能还挺好的
women racing drivers can take part in this series.
让女性赛车手能参与比赛
Cars are all exactly the same,
比赛用车都是一样的
you're invited to take part,
采用邀请制
and the prize money is £1.1 million.
奖金有110万英镑
So, it's, you know, fairly incentivised.
所以奖金也不错
There's actually been a lot of discussion about it,
对这个比赛现在又很多讨论
or actually debate, I should say.
事实上都变成辩论了
Cos some people are saying it's sexist to have a women-only championship.
因为有些人认为打造一个女性专属的比赛是性别歧视
But if you think about it, you've got women-only football, and rugby
但如果你仔细想想 有女子足球 女子橄榄球
and hockey - all Olympic sports, pretty much,
女子冰球 基本所有奥♥运♥会项目
are segregated between men and women,
都分男女
so I can't see why motor racing should be different.
所以我不明白为什么赛车要区别对待
Not all sports, though. Men and women compete
不是所有项目都这样
directly against each other in dressage.
马术的盛装舞步就是男女一起比的
Yeah, but that's not a sport. It isn't.
但那不算体育项目吧
That's just sitting on a horse while it tries to look camp.
不就是坐在马上 让马变得滑里滑稽的嘛
All right, then, they can...
可是它们能
He's right.
他说得没错
It is, though.
就是这样啊
You're right, actually.
你一点没错
There's no segregation, then, between men and women
那么在帆船项目上
in sailing, they compete against each other.
男女是一起比赛的
That's not a sport either, is it? Sailing is a job.
那也不是体育项目啊 帆船是个工作
You have to pull pieces of rope--
你得拉着绳子
All right, then! It's manual labour.
好吧 那是体力劳动
It's manual labour. It's not a sport.
是体力劳动 不是运动
There's a world of difference between any of that
开单座赛车和前面这些
and single-seater car racing.
完全是两回事
Why, though? Why is it?
为啥 凭什么
Is it, "Oh, well, you need manly strength to do it?"
又不是得要有汉子般力量才能干的事
Cos you don't, anyway, cos even an F1 car
现在连F1赛车
has power steering these days.
都有助力转向了
But I was driving a single-seater race car the other day,
但那天我开着单座赛车
I can't remember what or where but it had slick tyres.
我不记得是哪款了 反正有光头胎
After three laps, my neck muscles had... I was like this.
3圈过后 我的颈部肌肉已经完全 像这样
I hadn't got the strength to lift my head up,
我完全没力气把脑袋竖起来
I had to wait for the next corner to roll over the other way.
我只好等下一个弯道 把脑袋甩到另一边
Now, I know, you know, Navratilova and the Williams girl,
我知道 但你也不想和纳芙拉蒂诺娃
you wouldn't want to arm-wrestle either of them,
或者威廉姆斯姐妹掰手腕
so women can build up their muscles to compensate for that.
所以女性能锻炼肌肉来弥补这个问题
So, wait, are you saying that there should be segregation
等等 所以你的意思是你赞成
with women and men in motor sport?
赛车运动要男女分别比赛
Well, it doesn't really matter what I think.
我的想法其实不重要
The fact is, it's 43 years since there was a...
事实上 距离上一位女性车手参加F1正赛
a girl in a Formula One motor race.
已经过去43年了
43 years. Something's going wrong, they're not making it.
43年啊 肯定是哪里出了问题使得女性无法参赛
I think it's grass roots. It happens early on.
我觉得这得看人的基础 这在小时候就定型了
I think too many mothers put their little daughters on ponies
太多的妈妈让她们的女儿坐在小马上
and not into go-karts.
而不是卡丁车里
No, not entirely.
也不全是啊
Some girls do go karting, cos Abbie, our driver,
有女孩开卡丁车的 我们的车手艾比就是
she was karting since she was a little nipper.
她还是个小不点的时候就开卡丁车了
Well... I think what this series is all about,
我觉得W系列赛的意义在于
it's not about segregation, it's about encouraging women
它不是为了男女有别 而是为了鼓励女性
to go car racing, which I think is a good idea.
参与到赛车里去 我觉得这主意很好
Yeah, I think it is, but I think it has to start early on. So,
我同意 但我觉得这得从小抓起
little girls, it's time to get off your ponies,
小女孩们 现在就从小马驹上下来吧
and get into a go-kart.
爬进卡丁车里
And I can tell you actually, from some experience of horses,
我能以我养马的经验告诉你们
the good thing is, when you walk out in the morning,
开卡丁车的好处是 当你早上醒来
you'll find that your go-kart
你会看到你的卡丁车
hasn't crapped itself and died in the night.
没有拉一地屎 或在半夜过世了
So it's better than your horse.
所以它比你的马好
You'll also find out that go-karts are more fun
你还能发现卡丁车比小马
than going on "an horse", they just are.
更有意思
Yes, yes. And you'll find also
对对对 你还会发现
that a go-kart won't pop its long, stupid head up
卡丁车不会把它又长又蠢的脑袋
over the stable door and look at you,
从马厩里伸出来 看着你
and you know it's thinking, it's trying to say to you,
而且你知道它在想 它想跟你说
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表