剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
Yes, and you look ridiculous,
嗯 而且你看起来很滑稽
and nobody's going to listen to a word you say.
没人会听你说的话了
The fact is, though, we were all suited up.
尽管如此 我们都已经整装待发了
So it was time to get into the back of our modified cars and get going.
是时候坐进我们的改装车出发了
What's that? -That's one of my modifications.
那是啥 是我的一个改装
It's Giovanni. No, it's Cato.
是乔瓦尼 不 是卡托
See, I ask him for something and then he passes it through the ski hatch.
看 我问他要东西 他就会通过雪橇口递给我
Absolute genius. It's barbarous.
天才之作 简直是禽兽
Having agreed that my manservant was a brilliant idea,
在认同我的男仆是个好主意之后
we introduced ourselves to our chauffeurs and then set off.
我们向司机做了自我介绍 出发了
My driver is the excellent Mr Hoo.
我的司机是很棒的胡先生
I wonder if he's a doctor, actually.
实际上我在想他是不是博士
Dr Hoo is not a particularly tall man,
胡博士长得不是很高
but nevertheless, the space in the back of the S Class is fantastic.
尽管如此 这台S级的后排空间依然十分宽敞
I've got all this leg room, I can adjust the seat.
有这么大的腿部空间 还能调整座椅
I can recline myself a bit.
稍微躺一下
I can make myself a bit more upright. It's quite warm.
也可以坐直一点 车里面挺热的
The air conditioning still doesn't work. I should actually warn Dr Hoo of that.
空调依然是坏的 我该警告一下胡博士这个事
Doctor, I apologise, the air conditioning is broken.
博士 抱歉 空调是坏的
Obviously our cars were built before Bluetooth
很显然我们的车产于
and internet connectivity had been invented.
蓝牙和网络还没有诞生的时代
But that's OK, because it means you're forced to spend your time in the back,
但是这没关系 因为这意味着你会被迫在后排
doing something interesting.
做一些有趣的事情消磨时间
What I'm gonna do, instead of watching CNN drone on about Donald Trump,
我要做的 不是在CNN上看川普唠唠叨叨
or checking on Nasdaq prices...
或是看纳斯达克股价
...is er...make a model...
而是...呃...做一个模型
a matchstick model of the Eiffel Tower.
一个埃菲尔铁塔的火柴模型
My colleagues had also decided to make the back seat
我的同事也打算把后排打造成一个
a place of learning and self-enrichment.
学习和自我充实的空间
I've said many times on this programme
我在这个节目里说过好几次
how I can't cook anything other than baked beans,
我除了烤豆子以外什么都不会做
but I'm gonna use this journey,
但是我要利用这次旅程
together with this simple stove, this wok, and these ingredients,
用这个简单的炉子 这个锅 还有这些食材
to put that right and learn how to make supper.
学着做一次晚饭
I've got my cookery book here.
我这还有烹饪书
Steamed razor clams with black beans and chilli sauce.
黑豆辣酱蒸蛏肉
I, meanwhile, had decided to try my hand at painting.
而这时 我在尝试画画
Now this is an ideal studio
现在这是一个很理想的画室
because I can paint the things that I'm going to see out of the window.
因为我能画窗外的东西
Sort of montage, if you like, of typical roadside sights,
像坐在后排游中国的蒙太奇一样
on a chauffeur-journey through China.
经典的窗边视角
Trees...
树...
Trees right here, there.
这边的树 那边的
Lovely, lovely.
不错不错
Not now, Cato.
现在不要 卡托
I could be sitting here now...
我本来可以坐在这...
...answering pointless emails from pointless people
回复无聊的人发来的毫无意义的邮件
with nothing better to do all day.
浪费一整天
Not now, Cato.
现在不要 卡托
But, no... I'm doing something useful,
但是 不...我现在在做一些有用的
something joyous, something pleasurable.
让人心情愉悦的的事情
Not now, Ca... No, Cato, no, that's inappropriate.
现在不要 卡托 不 现在不是时候
Oh, yeah.
噢 好
Oh, yeah.
好样的
Watercress. Bit of that.
西洋菜 加一点
Spend enough time on the motorway in the back of your luxury car
当你坐在豪车后排在高速上花了足够时间以后
and you could turn yourself into a part-time professional chef.
你就能变成一个兼♥职♥的专业厨师
We could improv...
我们可以提高...
Oh.
啊
Meanwhile, in the BMW...
与此同时 在宝马里
Cato, my suit. My suit jacket.
卡托 我的西服 我的西服外套
Cato, fire extinguisher.
卡托 灭火器
Cato, now!
卡托 快给我
Thank you. Yeah.
多谢 对
After a few more mostly fire-free miles,
在基本没火灾的几公里之后
we pulled over to compare our work.
我们停车来对比一下成果
May we see, James May, what you have achieved,
我们看一下 詹姆斯梅 除了写邮件
instead of doing emails?
你还做了什么
Well, it's naive.
这也太幼稚了
If I were your mum or dad,
如果我是你♥爸♥妈
I'd put that on the fridge door
我会把它贴在冰箱门上面
and I'd be very proud of you.
并且为你骄傲
This is going on the wall at home.
这会挂在家里的墙上
Can we taste your soup?
我们能尝尝你的汤吗
Well, you'll have to suck my tie.
那你得舔我的领带了
That's where it all ended up.
最后都在这里了
Were you expanding your mind by setting yourself on fire?
你是想用火来拓展思维么
Is that all you've done? No, no, no, no, no, it's matches.
这就是你做的事情吗 不不不 是火柴
One snapped and went into my sleeve.
有一根折断了 掉进我袖子
You've ruined that beautiful suit.
你把这么好的西装毁了
I wanna see what you've done. Let's have a look.
我要看看你做了什么 我们来看
I'm a bit embarrassed by it.
我不太好意思拿出来
Is it... It's a burnt wreck, isn't it?
是不是都烧糊了
It's not my best work.
不能算我的代表作
This was gonna be your birthday present,
这本来是你的生日礼物
but now you've said it's crap you're not having it.
但你说是垃圾 就不给你了
Please don't laugh.
请别笑我
Oh, right. And you made that, did you?
噢行吧 这是你做的吧
Really? In the back of your car.
不会吧 在后座上做的
Yeah, I know, but I... Look... At great cost.
嗯我知道…但代价也很高
Yeah. Yeah.
行吧 行吧
For the next leg of our journey
在旅程的下一段
we tried out the modifications we'd made to our cars,
我们尝试了各种车辆改装
so they'd suit the world of modern commerce.
来适应现代商业的节奏
Businessmen always want a flat bed when they're on an aeroplane,
在飞机上 商人都想要能平躺的床
so why wouldn't you want one if you're in your car?
那在车里也应该要一张床
Very simple to achieve this.
这很好实现
Recline the front seat,
把前座放倒
put a mattress on it, duvet, pillow.
放上♥床♥垫 被子 枕头
Take off what's left of your jacket and into bed.
脱下那件破外套 就钻进被窝了
Oh, it's gone dark. That's nice.
噢熄灯了 真不错
In the Cadillac, Hammond had been a little more ambitious.
在凯迪拉克里 哈蒙德的志向不止于此
Name me one businessman hotel that doesn't have a gym.
请说出一个不带健身房♥的商务酒店
Exactly.
没有
They all do, which is why I've fitted my Cadillac
他们都有 所以我在凯迪拉克里
with this rowing machine.
装了这台划船机
So as we drive along, I can get in shape.
这样在行驶途中我能保持身材
Healthy body means a healthy mind.
健康的身体代表着健康的心灵
How's life in your car, Mr Hammond? It's brilliant, thank you.
你的车内生活怎么样 哈蒙德 棒极了 谢谢
What about you? Oh, I'm just nodding off.
你呢 哦我正在打盹
You go in a tunnel, it feels like night, it's lovely.
开进隧♥道♥就像入夜 美滋滋
Um... Question, though. What's... What's James done?
额…有个问题 詹姆斯做了什么
I can't see him.
我看不见他
Bit more on the coals.
炭上再来点水
I realise this now looks like an idiotic idea.
我知道这看起来有点蠢
It was already a sauna in my car,
开这车本来就是蒸桑拿
so I've built a sauna in it.
我索性就搭了个桑拿房♥
But...let's imagine you were in the far north of China.
但想象一下 你在中国偏远的北方
Let's imagine it's the winter.
还是在冬天
You can get through from the other side, through that door,
你可以通过这扇门从另一边过来
enjoy a sauna...
蒸个桑拿
Go back into your car,
再回到车里
carry on with your oil painting.
继续你的油画创作
Ohh. Ohh.
噢 噢
There was, however, one small drawback to my plan.
然而 这个方案有一个小问题
My driver couldn't see his mirrors.
我的司机看不到后视镜了
Whoa! Bollocks.
哇哦 妈蛋
All right, all right.
好了 好了
God, Dr Hoo's getting a right strop on. I know, it's steamed up. Hang on.
天哪 胡博士有脾气了 都是雾 等一下
All right, all right, all right.
好了 好了 好了
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表