剧集 | 急诊室的故事 | 导航列表
没有 我们还是晚点再说吧 皮特
No. We should probably talk later, peter.
卡拉·里斯
Carla Reese.
到我了
That's me.
你可以去见柯博恩医生了
Dr. Coburn will see you now.
柯博恩 产科吗
Coburn? O.B.?
皮特 我晚点给你打电♥话♥
Peter, I will call you later.
不不不
No, no, no.
发生什么事了 你怀孕了吗
What's up? Are you pregnant?
待会说 好吗
Later, all right?
凯瑞让我给你们讲讲我们的课程
And Kerry asked me to talk to you about our program
我就想
I thought,
"我这么个头发花白的老大哥"
"What does an grizzle old mucketymuck such as yours truly
"该对下一代外科医生说些什么呢"
have to say to the next generation of sawbones?"
然后我想到 不对
And then I realized, nope.
每个人都有故事可讲 而我的故事始于
Everyone has a tale to tell, and mine begins
北达科他州胡贝恩的
in a cold, little farmhouse
一幢寒冷的小农舍
in Hoobane, North Dakota.
老摩根斯坦在当地的制革厂上班
Pa Morgenstern worked at the local tannery
而我妈是名标本剥制师...
and ma was a taxidermist...
他们还撑得住吗
How are they holding up?
已经受不了了 彻底被韦弗虐疯了
Stick a fork in 'em-- they've been Weavered.
还没找到超人 罗斯医生
Still no sign of superman, Dr. Ross.
谢谢 马利克 继续找
Thanks, Malik, keep looking.
这是什么味道
What is that smell?
免费德式香肠
Bratwurst on the house.
天呐
Oh, man!
萨沙的礼物 餐厅的那个人
Compliments of Sasha, the cafeteria guy.
对了 提醒我以后别再救他了
Yeah. Remind me not to cure him again.
所以你怎么看
So, what do you think?
和病人约会这事吗
About you dating a patient?
你听说过瓦尔迪兹号♥吗
Does the word Exxon Valdez ring a bell?
发生漏油事件的油轮 指人祸
对 我还没挂
Yeah. I'm still holding.
你不也那么干过
You should talk.
这对于你来说是个陌生领域
This is new territory for you.
你需要时间来理解各种迹象
It takes time to learn how to read the signs.
我知道依赖和互相吸引的区别
I know the difference between dependence and mutual attraction.
所以你要怎么做呢
So, what are you going to do about it?
道尔 四室有个守门员拇指病人
Doyle. Gamekeeper's thumb in four.
检查下夹板 如果已经固定了 就让她出院
Check the splint and if it is set, you discharge her.
明白
Roger that.
丽萨 对 还没
Lisa? Yeah, not yet.
什么 我知道他没通过保安
What? I know he didn't get past security
所以他还在楼内
so he's still in the building.
不 不 你待在那
No. No, you stay put.
他知道你在哪工作
He knows where you're working.
他可能正在去找你了 好吗
He'll probably be heading your way, okay?
很好 拜
Great. Bye.
当我捧着那只濒死的鼹鼠
When I held that dying mole rat in my hand
当我感受着它那颗小心脏
when I felt its little heart
在我手中扑通跳动...
pitter-pattering in my hands...
你看到了吗
Do you see it?
它在发光 看着像梅毒
It's glowing-- looks like syphilis.
神经梅毒
Neurosyphilis.
我很惊讶
I'm surprised.
想想帕特森先生会多惊讶
Imagine how surprised Mrs. Patterson's going to be.
我们该怎么告诉他们呢
How are we going to tell them?
我们不告诉他们
We don't tell them.
我们告诉他
We tell him.
不告诉她吗
And not her?
这是他的病
It's his disease.
我们不能侵犯他的隐私权
We can't violate his right to privacy.
而她除了被感染的权利 就什么都没有吗
Oh, and she has no rights except the right to be infected?
何不由我来跟他聊聊呢
Why don't I talk to him?
他是我的病人
He's my patient.
我只是叫你下来进行会诊
I just asked you down on a consult.
我很感激
I appreciated that.
现在的情况很复杂
This is a tricky situation
而我对此更有经验 这是我的专长
and I have more experience in these matters. It's my field.
我处理过无数次类似的问题
I've dealt with these situations hundreds of times.
这种事会毁掉一场婚姻的
This kind of thing can kill a marriage.
沉默也会
So can silence.
卡特医生
Dr. Carter?
你知道几点了吗
Are you aware of the time?
知道 我在等本顿医生
Yes. I was waiting for Dr. Benton
跟他过一遍笔记
to go over some of these notes.
-全体外科医生已经到场了 -是
- The entire surgical staff is already here. - Right.
请随时开始 医生
Any time now, doctor.
所以...
So, uh...
你想什么时候告诉我
When were you going to tell me?
当我有事可说的时候
When I knew I had something to tell.
我的两个姐妹
You know, both my sisters
都在头三个月流产了
had miscarriages during the first trimesters.
柯博恩怎么说
What did Coburn say?
她说只是有点出血
Well, she said that it was just some spotting
还有 其实
and that, you know
没什么可担心的
there was nothing to worry about.
一切正常
All systems go.
卡拉 我不明白
Carla, I don't understand.
我们很小心
I mean, we were careful.
这印证了那句老话 "百密一疏"
Well, it's like they say, "Nothing is 100% effective."
你确定孩子是我的吗
And you're sure it's mine?
你这话我就当没听见
I'm going to forget you said that.
我就全当自己
I'm just going to lay it all
压力太大受惊过度 好吗
on the stress and the surprise, okay?
卡拉 我很抱歉
Carla, I'm sorry.
听我说 亲爱的 我不...
Look, honey, I don't...
我该说些什么呢
What am I supposed to say?
别这样
Look.
我们二人截然不同 皮特
We're two very different people, Peter
而天知道
And lord knows
我们俩各自的生活本就乱作一团
we both have enough going on in our lives.
等等...
Look...
我已经做了决定 皮特...
I've made the choice, Peter...
我要生下孩子
to have this baby.
好吧...
All right, uh...
你希望我做些什么呢 卡拉
What do you expect from me, Carla?
诚实
The truth.
你一直对我很诚实
You've always been really honest with me.
是你难得的一个优点
It's one of your finer qualities.
我得回去工作了
I got to get back to work.
我...我...会打给你的 好吗
I'll... I'll... call you, all right?
好的
Sure.
要是太短的话
You can adjust these
你可以调整一下
if they're too short.
今天估计就能让你出院
We're probably gonna discharge you today.
你可以练习一下
Thought you could use the practice.
别这么好心了
Stop being so nice.
让我为之前说的话
Makes me feel even more foolish
感觉更不好受了
for speaking the way I did.
我和那个孩子 赫南德斯
You know, when I was in the alley
在巷子里时
with the kid, Hernandez...
我被人用枪指过十多次
I've had guns pulled on me a dozen times.
他不是个坏人
This wasn't a hard guy.
只是一个走进死胡同的孩子
This was a kid caught in the deep end.
再给我30秒 让他把枪丢掉
30 more seconds, he drops that piece.
我们都可以安然离开
We both walk out of there.
发生了什么
What happened?
我的手抽筋了
My hand jerked.
他以为我要掏枪
He thought I was going for my gun.
他得立即决定
剧集 | 急诊室的故事 | 导航列表