Come in.
-你呼叫我了吗 -是的
- You paged? - Uh, yes.
帕特里克先生想继续
Mr. Patrick wants to go forward
获取他妻子的卵子
with the egg harvesting protocol.
我不明白
I don't understand.
尽管有宫内避孕器 他说他妻子会想这样
Despite the IUD, he says his wife would want this.
医院委员会说我们别无选择
Hospital council says we have no choice.
我们得重新为帕特里克太太准备
We have to restart Ms. Patrick on the protocol.
这样不对
It's not right.
那个女人的身体让我们不要那样
That woman's body is telling us no.
-清清楚楚 -是的
- Loud and clear. - Yes.
我同意
I agree.
那他为什么不听
So why won't he listen?
霍斯特德医生
Well, Dr. Halstead,
有时我们特别想相信一件事
sometimes we want to believe something so badly,
所以会忽视眼前的事实
we ignore the reality in front of us.
你很熟悉这种感觉 对吧
You're familiar with that, aren't you?
对
Yeah.
话说
So...
我非常感谢你做的一切
I-I appreciate all the trouble you've gone to.
教堂 牧师
The church, the priest.
我想让欧文接受洗礼 只是
And I want to get Owen baptized, just...
不是那样
Just not like that.
哪样
Like that?
我想让欧文成为一个团体的一员
I want Owen to be a part of a community.
不过是想让他成为我所在团体的一员
I just want it to be one that I'm a part of.
所以我要按照自己的方式来
So I'm gonna do it my own way.
我知道海伦会不高兴
I know Helen's gonna be upset,
但我不希望你不高兴
but I hope you won't be.
不会
No.
娜塔莉 这是你的人生
Natalie... it's your life.
只要是为了你好就行
And I want whatever's best for you.
我需要继续往前
I need to move on.
所以 如布雷迪神父所说
So, as Father Brady would say,
"安心去吧"
"Go in peace."
你能帮我照看她一会儿吗
Can you just watch her for a minute?
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你没有放弃珍
Thank you for not giving up on Jen.
我们今天是来此庆祝我们团体
We're here today to celebrate the newest member
新的成员
of our community.
我们也会在婚礼和葬礼上
And as we do at weddings and funerals,
给出我们的爱和支持
to offer our love and support.
是我们生活中的人带给了我们喜悦
It is the people in our lives who bring us joy.
他们是我们生命中的五彩缤纷
They are the color of our lives.
我们生命中的美和善
The beauty and the grace.
今天齐聚于此的大家
I can see by this gathering today,
以后都不会孤独前行
you will not walk through life alone.
所以 小家伙
And so, little man,
希望你一帆风顺
I wish you Godspeed.
在所有为你齐聚于此的各位前
In front of all these gathered on your behalf,
我为你洗礼 欧文·杰弗里·曼宁
I baptize you, Owen Jeffrey Manning.
我以为他肯定会打我
I thought he was gonna hit me.
但他感谢了我
But he thanked me.
一定让你松了口气
Must've been a relief.
杰 她服用的是安慰剂
Jay, she was on a placebo.
他们永远不会知道
They never knew.
一切都是徒劳
It was all for nothing.
不 你在乎
No, you cared.
如果我们在乎 那
I think, if we care, then...
不管发生什么 都是有意义的
whatever happens, it's for something.
我们可能看不到效果 但是
We might not see the effect, but...
意义就在那里 就在我们身边
It goes out there and it circulates around.
它会让我们都好受一点
It makes us all better, you know?
我弟弟 既是警♥察♥又是哲学家
My brother, cop and philosopher.
人要有长远目标
You've got to think big picture.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表