再转10圈
Ten more laps.
确保你下面一切都已经准备好
Make sure everything gets aligned correctly down there.
知道吗 我真心开始后悔
You know, I am seriously regretting
让你做我的分娩教练了
making you my birthing coach.
很好
Good.
这意味着我做到位了
That means I'm doing my job.
你好啊 帅哥
Oh, hey, handsome!
快过来
Get yourself over here.
-抱歉 -好啊
- Sorry. - Hi.
我靠贿赂弗姆森才说动他帮我代班
I had to bribe Fromson to cover my shift.
要我怎么做
What do you need me to do?
目前我需要你陪她散步
Okay, I need you to walk with her for now
做让她依靠的磐石
and be her rock.
我马上就回来
And I will be back as soon as I can.
等等 你要走吗
Wait, you're leaving?
我得去找人帮我代班
Got to find somebody to cover my desk.
说不定我们还得在这待30个小时
Yup. We could be here for the next 30 hours.
30小时 不可能
30 hours? No.
除非你听分娩教练的话
Not if you listen to your birthing coach.
我不知道做你的磐石该走多快
I'm not sure how fast a rock is supposed to walk.
这样就挺好的
You're doing just fine.
谢谢你过来
Thank you for being here.
娜塔莉
Natalie?
你终于要生了
It's finally happening!
你好 海伦
Hi, Helen.
你好 亲爱的
Hi, honey.
你是...
And you are?
这位是霍斯特德医生
Oh, this is Dr. Halstead.
我叫威尔
Will.
娜塔莉的同事
I work with Natalie.
这是海伦 我的婆婆
And this is Helen, my mother-in-law.
恭喜
Congratulations.
我来吧
I've got this now.
当然
Sure.
好
Yeah.
你们好
Hello.
抱歉我来晚了
Sorry I'm late.
谢谢你能来 莎伦
Thanks for coming, Sharon.
一场没有任何医生出席的会议吗
A meeting without a single doctor present?
看来不是要谈医疗上的事
My guess is this isn't about a medical issue.
彼得
Peter?
莎伦 我知道你不喜欢这事
Sharon, I know you're not gonna like this--
我们也是
Neither do we--
但我们得讨论一下那位偷渡来的病人
but we need to discuss our stowaway patient.
查尔斯医生
Dr. Charles?
曼宁医生说你能帮我
Dr. Manning said you could help me.
怎么了
What's up?
我有个病人 一个八岁的小男孩
I have a patient, an eight-year-old boy,
帕克·金德勒 他...
Parker Kindler, and... Uh...
不好意思 我先组织一下语言
You know what, let me back up for a second.
曼宁医生和我在帮帕克治疗
Dr. Manning and I were treating Parker,
然后她去分娩了 然后...
and then she went into labor, and--
娜塔莉要生了
Natalie's in labor?
她现在怎么样
How's she doing?
应该还好吧
Fine, I suppose.
她的羊水就在我面前破了
Her water broke right in front of me,
但我来找你不是说这件事的
but that's not what I came to talk to you about.
好
Okay.
曼宁医生和我诊断帕克
Dr. Manning and I just diagnosed Parker
有先天性的基因缺陷 名叫克拉伯病
with a terminal genetic condition called krabbe disease,
现在她去分娩了 所以我得去告诉父母
And now she's in labor, and I have to tell the parents
他们八岁的孩子会死
that their eight-year-old child is going to die,
而他们三岁的小儿子可能也一样
and that the same thing might happen to their three-year-old.
所以我想知道...
So I guess I was just wondering...
我该怎么做
How do-- how do I do that?
坐
Have a seat.
好
Yeah.
从我的经验来看 最好是直接
In my experience, it's best to be direct
切入重点
and get straight to the point.
当人们听到这样的坏消息时
When people get bad news like this,
会不知所措
they tend to get overwhelmed.
他们可能会要求你说清楚或者重复
They might ask you to clarify things or repeat them.
或者...
You know...
他们可能会变成十万个为什么
They might seem like they have a million questions.
他们可能会想独自静一静
They might want to be left alone
去消化自己的悲痛
to begin to process the grief.
最重要的是
The most important thing
他们要知道
is that they need to know that somebody's there
有人能理解他们在经历的一切
who understands what they're going through.
所以一定要让他们感受到你的同情
So really it's your compassion that they need to feel.
同情
Compassion.
对
Yeah.
你告诉父母之后...
And after you tell the parents...
他们告诉孩子的时候 可能会要你在场
they might want you there when they tell the child.
可能不用
They might not.
都看他们的意愿
That's up to them.
等等 告诉那个孩子吗
Wait. Tell the child?
是的
Oh, yeah.
其实那孩子是需要知情的
The child actually needs to know.
好
Okay.
萨拉 最难的事情就是
Look, Sarah, it's the hardest thing
你身为医生去做这一切
that you'll have to do as a doctor, right?
这永远都是最难的部分
And it doesn't get any easier.
至少 我是这么感觉的
At least, it hasn't for me.
但我们是
But we are the ones
被选来做这些事的人
who have been chosen to do this,
而我觉得 这是一件非常高贵的事
and I think that there's a certain nobility in that.
好吗
Okay?
很好
Good.
你要我跟你一起去吗
You want me to come along?
那就太好了
That would be great.
谢谢
Thank you.
根据他目前的症状
Given his current symptoms,
在病情让帕克的身体机能
Parker has anywhere from five to seven years
逐步退化 直到卧病在床
before the progressively degenerative nature
最终成为植物人之前
of the disease confines him to a bed
还有五至七年
and eventually leaves him in a vegetative state.
总有什么治疗的办法吧
I mean, there must be some kind of treatment.
目前来看 还没有
At the moment, no.
你是说没得治吗
You mean there's no cure?
我们什么都做不了吗
There's nothing we can do?
是这样的
That is correct.
克拉伯病是种非常罕见的疾病
Krabbe is an extremely rare disease.
我们可以缓解他的症状
We can treat his symptoms,
但最终帕克还是会
but eventually Parker will need
需要靠氧气罩来生存
to be ventilated to continue living.
另外
There is something else.
由于这个病是遗传性的
Since the disease is hereditary,
我们需要确定赛斯是否也携带致病因
we need to determine if Seth carries it as well.
他有检查过吗
Do you know if he's been tested?
赛斯
Seth?
我不记得
I don't remember.
没关系
That's okay.
我可以查一下
I can find out.
我可以查看他的出生记录吗
Do I have permission to check his natal records?
当然
Of course.
如果赛斯查出是阳性 会怎么样
What happens if Seth tests positive?
因为他还没有展现出症状
Since he has not yet presented symptoms,
但愿我们可以用干细胞为他治疗
the hope is we can treat him with stem cells
防止他发病
and stop him from developing the disease.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表