Even Dr. Brennan was impressed.
布纳恩博士也很欣赏他
Really? It's rare for her to trust a new intern to work solo.
真的吗 她很少会放手让新实习生独干
Well, I'll, uh, I'll try to do her proud.
我会尽量让她满意
Seriously?
没搞错吧
"Do her proud"?
"让她满意"
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Okay.
好吧
What exactly did you do to wind up in juvie
你到底干了什么
for three years anyway?
导致你在少管所呆了三年
Dr. Hodgins, we have work to do.
哈金斯博士 我们有正事要做
It's an innocent question.
问问又不会少块肉
No need to worry, Dr. Hodgins.
不用担心 哈金斯博士
A few mistakes when I was a sprout.
年幼无知犯了点错
But now I'm as honest as the sunshine on the back of a honeybee.
我现在就跟蜜蜂背上的阳光一样正直
Why is that honest?
这有什么正直的
There is a lot of masticated food in the teeth.
齿缝中有很多被咀嚼过的食物
A lot.
很多
Looks like she was eating from a trough
看起来她在死前
just before she died. Okay.
捧着个锅 吃了个饱
I'll floss and see if I find anything interesting.
我用牙线取样 看看会不会有发现
The victim's mandibular fossa is unusually shallow,
死者的下颌窝出奇的浅
allowing for the condylar process to slip.
使得髁突容易脱落
Meaning this lady's jaw could unhinge itself,
就是说她的下颌可以自行分离
like a python.
就像蟒蛇一样
She could swallow anything.
她什么都能吞下
Excuse me.
请让一下
Well, I'm confused, Finn.
我不太明白 芬恩
No one spends three years in juvie for hotwiring a tractor.
没人会因为偷一辆拖拉机 在少管所呆三年
Dr. Hodgins.
哈金斯博士
I reckon he has a right to know.
我认为他有权知道
I did some joy riding, mailbox baseball,
我偷车去兜风 砸邮箱
I borrowed a few things from the grocery I shouldn't have.
还从便利店顺手牵羊
I ain't proud of it, sir.
我并不以此为傲 先生
But now I'm proud to be able to assist y'all
但现在能尽我所能帮助你们
in whatever way I can.
我很自豪
Okay, then.
明白了
Well, I reckon I'd best go look and see
我认为我最好去看看
what we found in the teeth.
牙缝里都是些什么
I'm so sorry, Finn.
我很抱歉 芬恩
No problem, ma'am.
没关系 女士
But there is something here
但这里有点情况
that is as odd as my Cousin Bobby.
跟我表亲波比一样奇怪
We have an extra bone, and it's the victim's
这里多出一根骨头 是被害人的
'cause it's covered in her scar tissue.
因为它被包裹在疤痕组织中
An extra bone?
多一根骨头
It must be due to fibrodysplasia ossificanus progressiva.
一定是因为进行性肌肉骨化症
You know, a disorder that causes the muscle and tissue to ossify.
一种造成肌肉和软组织硬化的生理疾病
But I'd sure feel better if Dr. Brennan took a look-see.
但我觉得让布纳恩博士看看更保险
So, the original lease holder, Gerald Sedlak,
租客本尊杰拉德·赛拉克
has been living in Cleveland for four years.
住在克利夫兰 有四年了
I don't understand.
我不明白
Well, the apartment is rent controlled,
这间公♥寓♥是租金控管的
so when he moved out,
当他搬出去后
he just sold his key to the next tenant.
便把钥匙买♥♥给下一个房♥客
Who posed as Sedlak for the cheap rent.
为了便宜的租金 假装成赛拉克
That's a good move in this economy.
在眼下的经济环境中 这招真聪明
Who was it? Well, we're not sure.
死者是谁呢 我们还不知道
But there have been seven tenants all registered under Sedlak.
有七名房♥客都是用赛拉克的名字登记的
The last one, being a female but she kept to herself.
最近这位是女性 但她比较内向
You want me to see if I can give a profile
你想知道我能否通过她的个人物品
based on her personal effects?
推测出是个什么样的人
That's right.
没错
I want you to use your Jedi mind powers.
我需要你用上你绝地武士般的脑力
I like it when you call me a Jedi.
我喜欢你叫我绝地武士
Well, most kids do.
孩子都这样
Oh, hey, congratulations, by the way.
顺便说句 恭喜你了
I hear you're having a girl. How did you know?
听说你要有女儿了 你怎么知道的
I ran into Dr. Brennan this morning. She was leaving the doctor.
今早布纳恩博士看完医生 我正好碰到
Why? Is it a secret? Obviously not.
怎么了 难道要保密吗 明显不用
She probably hired a skywriter to tell the world.
她大概搞得全世界都知道了
Is there something I should know?
有什么我要知道的情况吗
Yeah. Who the victim is.
有 死者是谁
Well, I mean, she has virtually no personal effects.
我得说 她基本上就没有个人物品
No... no photos on the wall.
墙上没有照片
Was there any mail? No. No mail.
有信件吗 没有信
There's not much to go on here.
这里没什么好分♥析♥的
There's a couch, a kitchen table... And the python.
一个沙发 一张餐桌 还有蟒蛇
No home would be complete without a python.
一般人谁会在家里养蟒蛇啊
True. Very true.
是的 这倒是真的
Says here that neighbors who did see the victim
这里写着看见过死者的邻居
described her as "extremely attractive."
形容她是"非常诱人"
She was seen multiple times with very fat men.
多次看到她跟非常胖的男人在一起
Prostitutes sometimes keep a separate place
妓♥女♥有时需要另租一间屋子
to conduct their, you know, "business".
来"经营"她们的活动
And snakes are often seen as sexual.
蛇常被认为是性感的化身
Maybe one of the clients got a little too excited.
也许某个客人激♥情♥过头了
Oh, good Lord, and you wonder why nobody ever visits you.
我的主啊 难怪没人来看你
Which makes it doubly odd that you're here.
这就让你的出现显得更奇怪了
I'm here 'cause someone needs
我过来是因为
to knock some sense into you, cherie.
需要有人来提醒你一下 亲爱的
What were you thinking bringing a criminal into this lab?
替实验室找了一个罪犯 你在想什么啊
Caroline, I've already had this conversation once today.
卡罗琳 我今天已经谈过这个问题了
Finn has no criminal record.
芬恩没有犯罪记录
He did until two days ago
直到两天前 他满18岁
when he turned 18, and it was expunged.
记录被抹去 之前他就是罪犯
You should have talked to me before you hired him.
你在雇佣他前 应该跟我讨论下
Why should I discuss with a federal prosecutor
我为何要跟公诉人讨论我的实验室
who I hire in my lab?
雇什么人
Tell me, what happens when a defense attorney
我们请了一个少年犯来处理罪证
questions the integrity of this lab
等辩护律师以此为由
because we have a teenage miscreant handling evidence?
质疑这个实验室的可信度时 你怎么办
So, you think that this young man,
你认为这个年轻人
brilliant by even Dr. Brennan's standards,
他以布纳恩博士的标准都是出色的
should be condemned forever
就因为年少时失足
because of some youthful indiscretions?
就永世不得翻身吗
Sometimes life isn't fair.
生活有时就是不公平
But I don't have to help it along.
但我不必雪上加霜
He deserves a chance,
他需要一次机会
and I am going to give it to him.
而我要给他这个机会
Now, unless you would like to help, I have some work to do.
除非你要帮忙 我要专心工作了
I'm not killing that snake.
我不会杀那条蛇
This ain't me askin', you understand.
不是我的要求 你明白吧
It's not "ain't," It's "isn't."
敢不敢说普通话
This is the Jeffersonian, not a fishin' hole.
这里是杰斐逊实验室 不是钓鱼的地方
Look, I appreciate you're agitated,
你比较激动我能理解
but Dr. Saroyan insists.
但这是瑟罗医生要求的
See when we X-rayed our little friend here,
给我们这位小朋友照X光的时候
we found a rat inside, and inside that rat,
我们发现了一只老鼠 而老鼠肚子里
a distal phalanx from the victim.
有被害人的第三节指骨
Now, we need to get that bone
我们要在蛇消化它之前
before the snake's digestive juices gets to it.
把它取出来
Well, maybe someone of legal drinking age
也许某个够合法饮酒年龄的人
can figure out a way to read that X ray
有办法从X光中获得信息
without killing an innocent python.
且不杀死这条无辜的蟒蛇
Is everything okay?
一切还好吗
No, it's not.
不 不好
I only just gave him a new home.
我刚给它建了个新家
He's got bamboo climbing branches,
给它弄了爬着玩的竹枝
artificial plants, his own hiding box.
人造植物 它的藏身小窝
Well, everyone has to make sacrifices, Dr. Hodgins,
每个人都要做出牺牲 哈金斯博士
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表