我学得不慢
I'm a quick study.
我今天早上从纽约飞过来 一个人
I flew in this morning from New York. Private.
我相信你会的
I'm sure you did.
Thomas Argento妻子的表弟 参议员 我和他关系很好
Thomas Argento's wife's cousin, the senator, and I go way back.
他请我帮我个忙 我心想 我怎么能拒绝呢
He called in a favor, I thought to myself, "Ugh, how could I not say yes?"
你怎么能不拒绝
How could you not?
所以 我是想说
So, all of this to say,
我知道你一直在和公共辩护律师打交道
I know you've been dealing with the public defender up until now.
辩护律师
The defense counsel.
但我将会占据主导
But I will be taking the reins from here.
我很期待
I look forward to it.
祝你好运
Good luck today.
谢谢
Thank you.
我不需要
I won't be needing it.
哦 这会变得很有趣
Oh, this is going to be fun.
起立
All rise.
Argento军士长
Chief Argento.
你有权选择接受何种形式的军事审判
You have the right to be tried by a court-martial
由包括军人占三分之一组成的陪审团
composed of a panel of members including one-third enlisted persons
或者由军事法官单独审判
or by military judge alone.
如果你选择军事法官单独审判
If you choose military judge alone,
我将决定你是有罪还是无罪
I will decide if you are guilty or not guilty.
如果你被判有罪
And if you are convicted of any offense,
我将决定你的刑期 你听懂了吗
I will determine your sentence. Do you understand?
是的
Yes, sir.
你希望由军事法庭审判还是由军事法官单独审判
Do you wishto be tried by a court-martial or by military judge alone?
军事法官单独审判
Military judge alone, sir.
你的要求已批准 军事法庭已经组成
Your requestis approved and this court-martial is assembled.
你可以坐下了
You may be seated.
应被告的要求这场由法官单独审判
This is a judge-alone trial,as requested by the accused.
证人证言的陈述有助于我理解
Presentation of witnessstatements help me understand
要提交的证据 但事实上 这些证据不是真实证据
evidence to be presentedbut are not, in fact, evidence.
政♥府♥承担举证责任
The government carriesthe burden of proof.
检察官 你可以作开庭陈述了
Trial counsel, you may make your opening statement.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
总统和所有电视专家
There's a reason why the president
以及全国人♥民♥都把注意力
and all the television pundits and the nation
转向了这个特殊的案件 这是有原因的
have turned their attention to this particular case.
并不是因为涉案的海军人员 三♥级♥军士长Thomas Argento
And it is not because the sailor in question, Chief Petty Officer Thomas Argento,
被控谋杀了一名手无寸铁失去知觉 受伤的塔♥利♥班♥囚犯
has been accused of murdering an unarmed, unconscious and injured Taliban prisoner.
尽管Argento的行为极其恶毒
As heinous as Argento's actionsand conduct may have been,
但他实际上并不是我们今天来到这里的原因
he is actually not the reasonwhy we are here today.
因为我们如何得知军士长Argento的罪行
We're here because of how we know about Chief Argento's alleged crimes.
我们来这是因为Argento军士长所在小队的四名海豹突击队员
We're here because four of Chief Argento's SEAL Team members
大胆地说出了他们目睹的暴行
had the audacity to speak up about the atrocities they witnessed.
我们之所以来到这里是因为这四位勇敢的海军士兵
We're here because these four brave sailors
认识到他们的领导人
recognized that their leader
犯下了只能被称为战争罪的罪行
was committing what could only be described as war crimes,
并做出了一个艰难的决定 他们不再保持沉默
and made the difficult decision to not stay silent about them.
我们来到这里是因为四位有荣誉感的士兵
We're here because four honorable sailors
深知准则 并且尊重它
knew the code of conductand respected it enough
并愿意说出真♥相♥
to come forwardwith the truth.
现在 在审判过程中
Now, over the course of this trial,
你们将听到其中三人的证词
you will hear testimony from three of them.
特战队员一等兵Malcolm Kendricks
Special Warfare Operator First Class Malcolm Kendricks,
William Moffet上士
Petty Officer William Moffet
和Michael Cole中士
and Petty Officer Second Class Michael Cole.
特战队员一等兵Adam Barr
Special Warfare Operator First Class Adam Barr
正在进行一次秘密行动
is awayon a classified op.
这些人会发誓在去年的12月19日
These men will swear that on December 19 of last year,
在一次空袭之后
immediately following an air strike,
Argento士官长立即指示他的人关掉他们的防弹衣摄像头
Chief Argento instructed his mento turn off their vest cameras
在他用猎刀多次捅刺中并杀死了
while he used his hunting knifeto repeatedly stab and murder
一名塔♥利♥班♥教士 他受伤并服用了镇静剂
a Taliban cleric who was injured and medically sedated
但如果不这样的话 他本可以活下来的
but otherwisewould have survived.
还不止这些
But that's not all.
Argento士官长没有停手
Chief Argento didn't stop there.
目击者还将作证说 在Argento士官长
The witnesses will also testify that after Chief Argento
杀死这名战俘后 他把尸体拖到外面
killed this prisoner of war, he dragged the dead body
并强迫他的海豹突击队成员
outside and forced members of his SEAL Team
与尸体合影留念
to pose with the corpse for a photo.
我说了所有人
I said everybody.
动起来 Kendricks
Move it, Kendricks.
尽管Argento士官长有先见之明
Even though Chief Argento had the foresight
指示他的手下关掉他们的防弹衣摄像机
to instruct his men to turn off their vest cameras,
但我们确实有这张照片作为本案的证据
we do have this image to present as evidence in this case.
至于照片拍摄前发生的事情
As for what happened before the photo was taken,
四名有着无懈可击记录的水兵
four sailors with impeccable records
已经用自己的职业生涯
have put their careers on the line
捍卫了行为准则 即使是在战争时期也是如此
to defend the code of conduct, even in a time of war.
士官Kendricks Moffet Cole和Barr
Petty Officers Kendricks, Moffet, Cole and Barr
体现了成为一名海军的意义
embody what it means to be a sailor.
另一方面 三♥级♥军士长Thomas Argento
Chief Petty Officer Thomas Argento, on the other hand,
不配钉在他制♥服♥上的三叉戟
is not worthy of the trident that is pinned on his uniform.
他是个战犯 毫无疑义
He is a war criminal, plain and simple.
就像这个案子的事实一样简单明了
As plain and as simple as the facts of this case.
谢谢你 中校
Thank you, Lieutenant Colonel.
辩方希望现在开始陈述
Does the defense wish to make an opening statement now
还是等到控方的结案陈词之后
or reserve until the close of the prosecution's case?
辩方希望保留开庭陈述
The defense wishes to reserve opening statement.
在这种情况下 在短暂的10分钟休庭后
In that case,after a brief ten-minute recess,
控方将传唤第一名证人
the prosecution will call its first witness.
起立
All rise.
噢
Oh.
你好
Hello?
Fatima
Fatima?
我在试着冥想
I'm trying to meditate.
嗯 然后呢
And, uh...
- 有用吗 - 完全不行
- how's this going for you? - I don't get it.
我花了一大笔钱买♥♥蜡烛
I spent a fortune on these candles.
而我没意识到它们是香薰蜡烛
And I didn't realize they were scented.
嗯 我知道 我能闻到
Yeah, I can, I can smell that.
我头疼的厉害而我却一直在重复做一样的事
I have such a headache and I keep repeating the same thing,
但这只是让我压力更大了
but it just makes me more stressed.
好吧 那你的念诵咒语是什么
Right. Well, what is your mantra?
很多事情都依赖于此
There's a lot riding on this.
哦 这我可很了解
Oh, I-I'm aware of that.
不 那是 那是我的咒语
No, that's, that's my mantra.
哦
Oh.
哦
Oh.
我应该是做错了
Ugh, I'm doing this wrong.
不 不是做错了
No, no, it-it's not wrong.
只是可能 不全对
It's just maybe... not entirely right.
你知道有什么能让我感觉好点吗
Do you know of anything that will make me feel better?
不幸的是 在我们时间紧迫的时候不行
Unfortunately, not while we're on the clock.
而且我或许找到了一些让你更不舒服的事
And I may have found something that will make you feel even worse.
好吧 怎么了
Okay, what is it?
参议员 Argento妻子的表弟
The senator-- Argento's wife's cousin--
刚刚在社交媒体上发布了一些东西
just posted something on social media.
你能读给我听吗
Will you read it to me?
嗯
Yes.
军士长Thomas Argento
"Chief Petty Officer Thomas Argento
是美国最受尊敬的英雄
"Is an American hero of the highest regard.
而那些诋毁他名誉的人
"And those who slander his good name
将会被丢入为恶魔和他的手下们准备的
"Will burn in the eternal fire,
永恒地狱之火中燃烧
prepared for the devil and his angels."
呦 精神小伙儿
Well, that's a ray of sunshine.
对啊 你觉得他知道点什么我们不知道的吗
Yeah.You think he knows something we don't?
我希望没有
I hope not.
我也是
Me, too.
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处:洛杉矶 | 导航列表