you and Daisy needed me to be.
你和戴茜需要的那个依靠
But maybe I'm better than that.
不过看来我能做得更好
Hmm?
不是吗
I am going to quit the band.
我要退出乐队
I think we'd like that.
我们会喜欢的
Hey, how's the ear pain?
耳朵还疼吗
It's better with the drugs,
吃了药好多了
but it still really hurts.
不过还是很疼
We are going to take some fluid samples
我们要从你的耳朵和肺里
from your ear and your lung.
采集一些体液样本
Can you get up? Lean forward.
你能起来吗 向前趴
Lean on this.
趴这上面
Okay, this is Lidocaine.
好了 这是利多卡因
It'll numb you up.
能起到麻醉作用
Okay.
好的
This is weird.
太奇怪了
What--what's the matter?
怎 怎么了
The pain in my ear is gone.
我耳朵不疼了
Gone? Completely?
不疼了 完全不疼了吗
Yeah, when you stuck me in the back.
没错 就在你扎完针以后
What does that mean?
这意味着什么
Okay, I'm just cutting that for you.
乖 这是弄给你吃的
Yum yum.
好吃好吃
Is...is she going to eat anything else
她...她还吃别的吗
or just the cheese and crackers?
还是只吃奶酪和饼干
She's going through a picky phase--it won't kill her.
她正处于挑食阶段 反正也不会怎样
You're her mother.
你才是她妈
All I know is,
就我所知
when you and your sister were growing up,
你和你妹妹这么大时
you ate what we ate.
我们吃什么你们就吃什么
No excuses.
从不挑食
Would you pass the salt?
能把盐递给我吗
She had eggs this morning and lots of fruit.
她今早吃了鸡蛋和很多水果
Ah. That explains it.
原来如此
Explains what?
什么
She was a little Vilder Chaiah
今天下午在公园的时候
in the park this afternoon.
她简直没法管
She wouldn't listen to anything I said.
我说什么她都不听
Must have been all the sugar.
非要用糖哄才行
Actually, the whole
实际上 这个
sugar-makes-kids-hyperactive thing is a myth.
糖果能让孩子听话绝对是扯谎
It's a study.
有人做过研究
I'm sure it's very interesting.
我想那一定很有趣
I didn't read any studies. I just raised children.
我从来不看那些 我只抚养孩子长大
It's not your fault.
这不是你的错
How are you supposed to keep up
你怎么可能知道
with what she eats all day? You're never home.
她一整天都吃了什么 你总是不在家
I'm sorry.
不好意思
I have to get this.
我得接个电♥话♥
Tell me you need me.
告诉我你们需要我
Jack doesn't have cancer.
杰克没得癌症
God, that's awful. I'll be right in.
太棒了 我马上就来
Masters stuck him in the back with Lidocaine,
马斯特斯在他背上打了针利多卡因
and his ear pain went away.
他耳朵就不疼了
We don't need you here.
你不用来
We just need to figure out
我们只是想搞明白
why this guy's body thinks his ear is on his back.
这家伙的身体怎么会认为他耳朵长在背上
Because his ear used to be something else.
因为他的耳朵本来是别的部位
When you're a fetus, your cells are close together.
当你还是胎儿时 细胞聚集在一起
When you grow,
胚胎发育时
they spread out and specialize.
它们开始生长并分化
Sometimes the body screws up,
有的时候会出差错 一部分细胞
and they keep the old area codes,
仍然停留在胚胎时期的位置
report to the same pain centers.
共用同一个痛感中枢
Referred pain.
牵涉性疼痛
Looks and brains.
不光长得俊 还挺聪明啊
When you stuck him in the back, you cut off communication
针♥刺♥他背部时 连接脊髓疼痛中枢
with the pain centers in his spinal cord.
的传导通路被截断了
So we just need to figure out
我们需要弄清楚
where the message is actually coming from.
疼痛信♥号♥♥到底是从哪里发出来的
What about his thyroid?
会不会是甲状腺
Hyperthyroidism would explain all his symptoms.
甲状腺功能亢进可以解释他的所有症状
Or it could be his liver.
也有可能是肝脏的原因
Good. We'll take a look at both.
那我们就都查一查
For the record, referred pain does not rule out infection--
声明一下 牵涉性疼痛并不能排除感染
Were you like this when you were working
你在攻读数学学位的时候
for your math degree?
就已经这样了吗
If Euclid had been a guest lecturer,
假如欧几里德来做客座讲座
would you have been the kid sitting in the front row going,
你会不会直接坐到第一排大声说
"Actually, you haven't proven the pythagorean theorem"?
不好意思 你还没证明勾股定理呢
Hello?
喂
All right.
好了
Mom...
妈妈
Thank you, sweetie.
谢谢你 亲爱的
So say you two got married,
假设你们两个结婚了
would you convert to Judaism?
你会皈依犹太教吗
We haven't gotten that far, mom.
我们还没发展到这程度呢 妈妈
That's actually a really interesting question.
这确实是个十分有意思的问题
I'm an atheist.
我是个无神论者
Honey, half the Jews I know are atheists.
亲爱的 我认识的犹太人中有一半不信神
It's about community.
主要是种归属感
House isn't that big on community.
豪斯对归属感没什么兴趣
And why do you call him "House"?
你为什么老叫他豪斯
The man's name is Greg.
他的名字叫格雷戈
It makes it seem like you're not serious.
直呼其名会显得你们两个很亲密
I'm just trying to help you think about the future.
我只是提醒你该为将来考虑了
You're-- you're a certain age now.
你已经...你已经老大不小了
The parade of boyfriends can't be as amusing as it was.
你找到的男朋友的质量只能越来越差
You need to settle down, like your sister.
是该安定下来的时候了 像你妹妹那样
Settling down isn't all it's cracked up to be.
安定下来 说来好听 其实就是浮云
Next week is Sam's birthday.
下周萨姆过生日
I was gonna take her to the Poconos and--
我本想带她去波科诺山
That's very sad.
有点伤感
Perhaps not the best choice of topic for a festive occasion.
这个话题也许并不适合这种喜庆的场合
I just don't want Rachel
我不想让瑞秋
growing up thinking you're a slut.
长大以后以为你是个荡♥妇♥
Okay, I got this.
好吧 该我说点什么了
First of all, mom...
首先 岳母大人
Oh, my God.
哦 天呐
Did you...
你难道...
Sedate my mother?
给我妈用了镇静剂
Kicked in just in time.
药力发挥的时机恰到好处
She'll wake up in a couple of hours,
她过一两个小时之后就能醒
be good as new.
好像什么都没发生过
Think of it as my birthday gift to you.
就当是我送给你的生日礼物
You told me to keep my mouth shut.
你不让我说话
It's the only way I had a chance.
这就是我唯一的办法了
Leaving aside the fact that House is a sociopath,
且不说豪斯有社交障碍
I have to admit that I'm-- I'm honestly relieved.
我必须承认... 我确实有种解放的感觉
Your mom is quite a h-- quite a handful.
你妈妈确实... 确实不好对付
What?
什么
I feel f--
我感觉...
Oh, you've got to be kidding me.
你不是在耍我吧
You drugged me too?
你也给我下药了
Sorry.
对不起
I honestly thought you'd be worse.
原以为你会胡说八道些什么的
That was my gift to myself.
就算是送给我自己的礼物
I take it Jack's thyroid levels are normal.
看起来杰克的甲状腺功能还算正常
Foreman is doing a liver biopsy now.
福曼正在做肝脏活检
Good.
很好
剧集 | 豪斯医生(2004) | 导航列表