剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
然后有一天你发现
Then, one day, you find out
他申请了破产
he files for bankruptcy.
你怎么看这件事
What do you think?
申请破产就是一个骗局
Bankruptcy is a scam.
都是那些不想偿还债务的骗子干的事
It's for cheaters who don't want to pay their debts.
还真是尖锐啊
Ooh. That's harsh.
这位不踢不行啊
Give me a reason not to reject this fellow.
是的 找不到不踢的理由
Yeah, I don't think there is one.
他的幸灾乐祸能量要爆♥炸♥了
This guy is definitely bursting with schadenfreude.
当他知道他前妻的房♥子被烧毁后
He actually posted a smiley face on his social media page
他在他的社交媒体上发了一个笑脸表情
when he found out his ex-wife's house burned down.
我们先不要着急下结论
Actually, let's withhold judgement.
我们只剩下一个抉择了
We only have one challenge left, and I think it's gonna come down
将在两位中选择伤害较小的一位
to a choice between the lesser of two evils.
你是指八号♥陪审员
You talking about juror number eight?
她是唯一剩下的了
She's the only one left.
早上好 八号♥陪审员
Good morning, juror number eight.
你怎么看这个问题
And how about you?
对于你的破产表亲 你有什么感觉
How do you feel about your newly bankrupt cousin?
没什么感觉 他的财务状况是他的个人问题
Well, I don't feel anything. His finances are his business.
等等 她的不利之处是什么
Wait a second. What's so bad about her?
特蕾莎·理查森 四十六岁
Theresa Richardson, 46 years old.
在我看来 目前她是表现地很好
Looks to me like she is on her best behavior.
- 怎么说 - 根据泰勒的信息
- How do you mean? - According to Taylor,
上周 她向全办公室发了一封邮件
just last week she sent out an office-wide e-mail
冷嘲热讽
filled with snarky comments when it rained
没邀请她的同事 婚礼下雨了
at a coworker's wedding that she wasn't invited to.
- 令人愉悦 - 此外
- Delightful. - Add to that
她在一家传销公♥司♥工作
the fact she works for one of those pyramid marketing firms
卖♥♥护肤产品
selling skin care products.
她连续两年被评为最佳销♥售♥
She was named best salesperson two years in a row.
我现在有点明白你的意思了
Okay. I see where you're going with this.
一位成功的销♥售♥意味着她很有影响力
A successful salesperson means that she's, uh, an influencer.
她的负面意见将对其他的陪审员产生影响
Her negative opinion could impact the rest of the jury.
正是 问题在于
Exactly. Problem is, you're gonna
你要么选她 要么选那位难搞先生
either have to pick her or Mr. Harsh.
所以你将选谁
So what's it gonna be?
放弃那位讨厌"作弊者"的男士
Lose the guy who hates cheaters.
我们永远不可能说服他站在我们这边
We'll never convince him to be on our side.
被告愿意接受八号♥陪审员 法官大人
Juror number eight is acceptable to the defense, Your Honor.
那我们的陪审团就成立了
Then we have a jury.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
布尔博士 科隆先生
Dr. Bull, Mr. Colón?
打扰了
Sorry to bother you.
我叫瑞恩·德兰西
My name's Ron Delancy.
见到你很高兴
Nice to meet you.
我今天一直有关注你们在庭上的表现
I've been watching you both all day in court.
有什么事吗 德兰西先生
What can we do for you, Mr. Delancy?
你是一位律师
Ah. A lawyer.
是的
Yes.
你是其他被告的代表律师吗
You represent one of the other defendants?
不完全是 我是其中一名被告
Not exactly. I am one of the other defendants.
我和我母亲被控告向
My mother and I were charged with paying
你们同一个中间人行贿
the same middleman as your client.
我们的案子被排在了下个月
We're scheduled for trial next month.
有什么可以帮到你的吗
And how can we help you?
也许你们也可以考虑做我的代表律师
Perhaps you'd consider representing me as well?
很愿意和您聊聊
Always happy to sit down.
欢迎来电
Feel free to give us a call.
谢谢
Thanks.
约瑟森女士
Ms. Josephson, how long
你在哈德森大学担任招生人员多久了
were you an admissions officer at Hudson University?
已经有差不多二十二年了
I was there for almost 22 years.
那么 哈德逊大学的排名如何呢
So tell us, how is Hudson ranked?
能算是精英大学吗
Is it considered a selective school?
它属于常春藤大学
It's up there with the Ivies.
每年都有数以万计的学生申请入学
Every year, tens of thousands of students apply.
根据我任职多年的经验 我可以说
During my tenure, I can tell you that less than eight percent
只有不到百分之八的申请人能成功入学
of those applicants are ultimately admitted.
那么 在哈德逊大学的入学委员会看来
And what is it that makes someone a desirable candidate
一个理想的申请人应该具备什么呢
to the Hudson admissions committee?
我们会看很多因素
There are a variety of factors.
成绩好是肯定的 比如高考成绩
Grades, of course, SAT scores,
课外活动 体育运动 还有大学本身的目标
extracurriculars, athletics, the university's goals
比如学生多元化等
with regards to things like diversity.
当然 对于一小部分申请人来说
And of course, a small percentage of applicants,
长辈是校友也是考虑项
legacy is a consideration.
那么 是什么因素
And which of those factors played the largest role
让沙迪医生成功入选了呢
in winning admission for Dr. Shadid?
其实 一个都没有
None of them, actually.
那他是怎么进入这所大学的呢
Hmm. Well, then, how did he get into Hudson?
有个叫卡拉·莎瑟兰的大学辅♥导♥员
A college guidance counselor,
给了我125000美元
a woman by the name of Cara Sutherland, paid me $125,000.
所以 我就让
So I pushed
沙迪医生的申请通过了委员会审核
Dr. Shadid's application through the committee
然后他就被录取了
and he was admitted.
谢谢你
Thank you.
提问结束
Nothing further.
谢谢您的证词 约瑟森女士
Thank you for your testimony, Ms. Josephson.
我现在要再问您一个问题
Now let me just ask you one more question, if I might.
我的客户 也就是沙迪医生 在你接受
Now, my client, Dr. Shadid, wasn't actually present
这125000美元的贿赂时并不在场 对吗
when you received this $125,000 payment, was he?
对 他不在
No, he was not.
贿赂也不是他和你提前商量好的 对吗
And you never conspired with him, did you?
对
No, I did not.
而且
Now, you yourself,
你也没有任何证据证明
you don't have any proof that Dr. Shadid
沙迪医生知道这次贿赂
had any knowledge of this bribe.
对吗
Isn't that true?
如果说他自己没起过疑心 那是不可能的
Well, it's hard to believe he didn't suspect something.
他只要看看班里其他同学的成绩就知道了
All he had to do was look around at the rest of his class.
哈德逊大学的学生平均高考成绩是1520
Hudson students' average SAT score was 1520.
沙迪医生只有1400
Shadid scored a 1400.
其他学生的平均高中不加权GPA是4.0
The average unweighted high school GPA was 4.0.
沙迪只有3.3
Shadid had a 3.3.
他也不是班级毕业致辞代表或橄榄球队队长
He wasn't class valedictorian or captain of the football team.
他既不会说八门语言
He didn't speak eight languages
也不是百老汇作品里的明星演员
or star in off-Broadway productions.
也不是校友后代
And he wasn't a legacy.
但说实话 他的确是一个好学生
Now, mind you, he was a good student.
他的表现肯定是高于平均水平的
Definitely above average.
但我想说的是 光靠他自己
But, I mean, there's no way
是不可能上像哈德逊大学这样的学校的
he could've thought he got into a school like Hudson on his own.
八号♥陪审团成员看起来她
Juror number eight looks like she personally wants
想把亲自我们的客户送去断头台
to sentence our client to the guillotine.
等等
Oh. Hold on.
玛丽莎 我电♥话♥响了
Marissa, my phone's vibrating.
不好意思 布尔博士 布尔博士
Excuse me, Dr. Bull. Dr. Bull!
是的 法官大人
Oh, uh, yes, Your Honor?
我的法庭有条规矩
I have a policy in my courtroom.
你违反了
You're violating it.
确保手♥机♥关闭
你违反了
You're violating it.
你违反了
You're violating it.
非常抱歉
My deepest apologies.
我不是有意要对法庭表示不敬的
Um, I mean no disrespect to the court.
partner 可以指搭档,也可指伴侣
我不是有意要对法庭表示不敬的
Um, I mean no disrespect to the court.
partner 可以指搭档,也可指伴侣
但我的爱人...
But, uh, I'm afraid my partner...
partner 可以指搭档,也可指伴侣
partner 可以指搭档,也可指伴侣
不是那边那位... 我的伴侣就快要生了
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表