剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
In over 14 years and 25,000 hours,
我从来没有打过瞌睡
I've never nodded off.
一次也没
Not once.
一秒都没有
Not for a single second.
真的吗
Really?
你怎么证明呢
And how do we prove that?
难道就因为
Or do we just accept it,
你之前没有出过事故
because you've never crashed a train before?
就因为你什么也不记得了
Just like we're supposed to accept the fact
我们就要接受你的说法吗
that you can't remember anything.
我反对 法官大人
Objection. Your Honor,
对方律师在自己作证并在纠缠证人
counsel is testifying and badgering the witness.
抗♥议♥有效
Sustained.
请提一个问题
Ask a question, please.
好的 法官大人
That's all right, Your Honor.
我没有别的问题了
I have no further questions.
结果如何
Talk to me.
他们有点被说动了
They were moved,
但还不足以改变他们的想法
but not enough to change their minds.
好吧
Yeah.
我们还没有打入他们内部
We got to their hearts but not their heads.
我在这也能看得出
I can see it from here.
他们想要一个人来负责
They want someone to hold accountable,
而他就坐在控制室
and he was the man at the controls.
帮我个忙
Do me a favor.
打给伊兹
Call Izzy.
告诉她我要晚点回家
Tell her I'm gonna be home late.
我需要准备一个新官司
I need to get measured for a new suit.
好的
Sure.
有什么事
What's the occasion?
洗礼
Baptism.
给我孩子的 不是我
The baby, not me.
"陪审团的各位女士先生们
"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
我相信你们一定都听过这句话
"I'm sure you've all heard that old saying,
森林里倒了一棵树
"'If a tree falls in the forest
但是没人知道
"'but there's no one there to hear it,
那它还会发出声音吗"
"Does it make a sound?'
同样 如果一个人在开火车
"Likewise, if a man is driving a train
火车发生了重大事故
"And it has a fatal accident
这名司机不记得发生了什么事
"But the man can't remember what happened,
难道这名司机就自动成为凶手了吗
"Does it automatically make him the cause of that accident?
因为...
Because, at...
结辩词写的如何了
Hey. How's the closing argument coming?
我是写辩词的人
Well, I'm not convinced,
但连我自己都不信
and I'm the guy writing it.
好吧
Yeah.
我听说我们要办洗礼了
I hear we're having a baptism.
是的
Oh, yeah.
昨晚我突然想起来我们团队
It suddenly occurred to me last night none of my teams
- 三周后都有安排 - 嗯...
- are playing three Sundays from now. - Hmm..
我同意
I'll take it.
我们总是会被奇怪的事情打动
God moves people in strange ways.
谢谢
Thank you.
别谢我
Oh, don't thank me.
感谢NBA吧
Thank the NBA.
没办法 我昨晚在家熬了一整夜
I couldn't help myself. I spent the night working from home.
你想听好消息 坏消息还是好消息
You want the good news, the bad news or the good news?
这是个陷阱吗
Is this a trick question?
那我先说好消息
Okay, I'll start with the good news.
别问我是怎么做到的
Don't ask me how,
我找到了丹尼告诉我的
but I was able to locate the incident report
你想要我找的那份事故报告
Danny said you wanted me to find.
就是弗兰克·乌扎斯基向公♥司♥提交的那份
The one that was filed when Frank Uzarski complained
投诉他看到的是绿灯而不是红灯
to the company that he was given a green signal instead of a red
并差点让他撞到另一辆火车的事故报告
and almost ran into a train.
这是好消息
That is good news.
那坏消息呢
So what's the bad news?
报告里完全没提到
Well, nowhere in it does it say anything
任何信♥号♥♥灯故障
about a signal malfunction.
重点是 无论弗朗克是否有喝醉
The thing is, whether Frank was drunk, stoned
吸毒或者撒谎
or just lying,
他的证词都应被记录在报告里
his statements should have been included in that report.
但里面也没有
And they aren't.
你知道为什么吗
You have a theory about why?
也许是在沃特发生事故后
Maybe the company deleted any mention of signal failures
公♥司♥就删除了任何有关交通灯故障的说辞
from their records in the wake of Walter's crash.
他们知道沃特伤到了大脑
They heard about his brain injury,
并且失忆了
heard he couldn't remember anything.
这对他们来说很有利
It's kind of perfect. If you can make it look
这样可以完美掩盖交通灯故障的问题
like there's never been a signal problem,
还可以把责任完全推给沃特
you can blame the whole thing on Walter.
这想法挺有意思
Interesting theory.
但你要怎么证明呢
How are you gonna prove it?
你问问好消息是什么
Ask me about the good news.
你有好消息吗
Oh. You have any good news?
今天证人名单上没有新加证人
I see no additional names on the witness list today.
这是不是意味着被告一方
Does that mean the defense is prepared to rest
准备结束辩护并准备开始结束陈词了
and we can commence with closing arguments?
法官大人 事实上
Actually, Your Honor,
被告一方并不是打算结束辩护
the defense is not quite ready to rest yet.
我们想要重新请回一位证人
In fact, we'd like to recall a witness.
如果法庭允许
If it pleases the court,
被告一方希望请
the defense would like to call
雷·皮特曼重回证人席
Ray Peterman back to the stand.
皮特曼先生
Mr. Peterman, I've just got
我还有简单的几个问题要问
a couple of brief follow-up questions.
您之前
Now, uh,
在法庭上说
you told the court previously
没有证据能证明
that there was no evidence of a mechanical failure
任何一条铁路系统中有器械故障
on any of the railroad safety systems.
您说的这句话现在还有效吗
Do you still believe that to be true?
有效
I do.
好的
Okay. All right.
我向法庭再强调一下
Oh, and... let me remind the court
您是以专家证人的身份出庭作证的
that you are certified as an expert witness.
有了这点
Now, with that in mind,
我想提出一个假设
let me ask a hypothetical.
假如我的客户沃特·莫拉
Let's say my client, Walter Mora,
正在夜间驾驶一列火车
is piloting a train late at night,
并且有列火车
and there is another train
停在他前方的轨道上
stopped on the track in front of him.
天气十分糟糕 外面很黑
The weather is bad, it's really dark outside,
所以他基本看不清那辆火车
so he really can't see that train.
但是铁路上的信♥号♥♥灯
But the rail signal... The railroad stop light...
他作为判断依据的灯 给出了绿灯
The one he depends on, is green.
信♥号♥♥灯本该给出红灯让车停下的
And it was supposed to be red to tell him to stop,
因为他的前方还有一列火车
because there was another train in front of him,
但是灯是绿色的
but it doesn't.
是持续的绿灯
It's just a steady green.
这种事情有可能发生吗
Now, could something like that happen?
我最喜欢的部分来了
This is my favorite part.
歪心狼看见了哔哔鸟
Coyote first sees the Road Runner
以为晚餐有了
and thinks, "Dinner."
说实话
Honestly,
铁路交通信♥号♥♥灯故障是非常少见的
rail signal malfunctions are extremely rare.
我明白了 非常少见
Got it, got it. Extremely rare.
那按我理解
Now... as I understand it,
铁路信♥号♥♥灯装置能感应到
the way it works is the rail signal apparatus
有一辆火车在前方
senses when there's a train up ahead of it,
所以它能给出红灯
so it knows to display the red light
阻止后方火车继续前进
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表