剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
我被选中
I was picked to go
参加纽约州北部的夏令营
to a fresh air camp upstate
在那里待了两周
for two weeks in the summer.
改变了一切
Changed everything.
救了我
Saved my life.
那里有个心理医生...
There was a counselor up there who...
也不知道为什么... 他对我很感兴趣
don't ask me why... he took an interest in me.
我知道已经快二十五年了
I know it's been almost a quarter-century,
但我发誓这和他夏令营第一天胡说的
but I swear this is word for word the same nonsense
每个字都一样
he spewed on the first day of camp.
...让我骑马
...and put me on a horse
有史以来第一次
For the first time.
那之后 两周结束 他一直保持联♥系♥
And then, after the two weeks was up, he stayed in touch.
给我写信
Wrote me letters,
打电♥话♥ 问我学校的事
called me on the phone, asked me about school.
还来见了我好几次
Even dropped by once in a while.
从没有人做过这种事
Things that nobody else was doing.
那个人
The combination of that man,
以及那段经历
and that experience gave me
让我看到了未来
the ability to see a future, which was something
看到了我从来没有想过的事
I-I had never really contemplated before.
所以我开始感受到成功之后
So when I started experiencing all my success,
我就觉得
I just thought,
我想为其他人再次创造这种经历
I want to recreate that experience for someone else.
我想回馈社会
I want to give back.
反对
Objection!
关联性 法官大人
Relevance, Your Honor.
这是性侵犯性暴♥力♥的审判
This is a sexual assault and battery trial,
不是庆功会
not a testimonial dinner.
我们在听什么
What-what are we listening to here?
法官大人
Your Honor,
原告和他的律师把梅布鲁克先生的
the plaintiff and his attorney are painting
夏令营描绘得像是什么罪恶之地一样
Mr. Maybrook's camp like some kind of den of iniquity.
- 那我这样就公平... - 你们够了
- It's only fair that I be... - Enough.
这个问题上 我同意
Both of you. On this point, I'm finding myself agreeing
科隆先生的观点
with Mr. Colon.
下一个问题 格罗斯曼小姐
Let's move it along, Ms. Grossman.
好 梅布鲁克先生 你有在你的家宅里
Fine. Mr. Maybrook, did you host private dinners
为小队长们举办私人晚餐吗
for the cabin captains at your estate?
是的
I did. Yes.
这些年轻人有些成就
These young men had achieved something.
我认为告诉他们
I felt it was important to show them
努力会换来回报是很重要的
that hard work reaped rewards.
原告声称你多次请他
The plaintiff has asserted that you invited him back
回到你的家中
to your house alone on several occasions.
这也是真的吗
Is that also true?
是的 你们得记住 这是将近二十五年前了
It is. You have to remember, this was almost 25 years ago.
社会习惯不太一样
The social mores have changed,
但当时 一个有责任感的负责管理的成年人
but at the time, it wasn't unusual for a responsible adult
和一个年轻人独处是很正常的
to be alone with a young person in his charge.
这都听起来很合理
That all sounds very reasonable to me.
但我必须问你这个问题
But I would be remiss if I did not ask this question:
梅布鲁克先生 你知道瑞波萨先生
Mr. Maybrook, do you have any idea why Mr. Raposa
为什么能够十分具体地描述你的卫生间吗
was able to describe your bathroom in such detail?
他说的关于夏令营的事都是真的
What he said about the camper's wash cabins was true.
他们的热水供应不稳定
Their hot water was inconsistent.
所以有些年轻人偶尔会问我
So some of the young men would occasionally ask
能否使用我的卫生间 我同意了
to use my shower, and I let them.
或许 或许我不该的
Maybe-maybe I shouldn't have.
你允许其中的孩子
And when you allowed one of these campers
在你的住所洗澡...
to shower in your residence...
...你有没有和他们一起过
...did you ever have occasion to join them?
- 哦... - 和他们一起洗澡
- Oh... - To shower with them?
天啊 当然没有
My God, of course not.
那你怎么解释瑞波萨先生的证词
Then how do you account for Mr. Raposa's testimony?
我 我解释不了 因为那不是真的
I-I can't, because it simply isn't true.
你是在说
Now, are-are you saying that
你的记忆有所不同吗
you recollect it differently?
听着 我记得瑞波萨先生
Look, I remember Mr. Raposa.
他是个有前途的年轻人
He was a promising young man.
我只是想帮助他
I simply wanted to help him, period.
所以看到他这样诬陷我 我很伤心
So it's heartbreaking to hear him lying about me in this way.
我只能说他是想找到可以怪罪的人
I can only guess that he needs someone to blame
因为他的生活过得一团糟
for the way that his life turned out.
反对 目击证人是在推测
Objection. Witness is speculating.
反对有效
Sustained.
陪审团不会采纳梅布鲁克先生的证词
The jury will disregard Mr. Maybrook's comments.
你说瑞波萨先生在撒谎
You say Mr. Raposa is lying.
那么陪审团为何要相信你的话而不是瑞波萨的呢
Why should the jury believe you and not Mr. Raposa?
还是回到事实上来吧 我当时并不在场
Well, let's start with the fact that I wasn't even there.
抱歉 你在说什么
I'm sorry, how do you mean?
瑞波萨反复提及的那个晚上
The night that Mr. Raposa keeps referencing,
也就是迈克尔·约翰逊在亚特兰大奥♥运♥会上赢得四百米
the night that Michael Johnson won the gold in the 400
金牌的那个晚上
in the Atlanta Olympics?
我记得非常清楚
I remember it perfectly.
除了凌晨以外 我都在都柏林的一家酒吧里
Except it was early morning where I was, in a pub in Dublin,
和我的国际小组庆祝新店的开业
celebrating a new store opening with my international team.
请安静
Order, please.
法官大人 我想
Your Honor, I would like
送呈这本盖章护照作为证据
to enter this stamped passport into evidence,
这上面记录了梅布鲁克先生的行踪
which documents the fact that Mr. Maybrook was,
事实上 1996年他从七月中旬就出国了
in fact, out of the country from mid-July
一直待到八月初
through early August 1996,
正是瑞波萨先生所谓遭受虐待的时间
the exact time Mr. Raposa's alleged abuse took place.
允许
So entered.
这没用的 难道他的护照是真的吗
It just doesn't make sense. Do we believe his passport's real?
- 他那么有钱 说不定... - 是真的
- He's a rich guy. Maybe... - It's real.
我们团队已经验证过了
Our team authenticated it.
还找了信♥用♥卡♥记录和酒店记录
Also found credit card receipts and hotel records.
梅布鲁克当时确实是在都柏林
Maybrook really was in Dublin.
我不明白
I don't understand.
你了解我 玛丽莎 我没有凭空捏造
You know me, Marissa. I-I didn't make this up.
我不会说谎的
I'm not a liar.
你当然没有 你当然不会说谎
Of course you didn't. Of course you aren't.
很多年来我都告诉别人
Look, I spent years telling people
我是在我九岁生日的时候遇到了我的养母
I met my adoptive mom on my ninth birthday.
许多年
Years.
我清楚地记得那一天
I remembered that day so clearly.
那天早上她把一个盘子砸在我脑袋上
My foster mom threw a plate at my head that morning
因为我没把它洗干净
because the dishes weren't done.
疤痕还在这呢
Got me right here.
但是下午在学校的时候 我吃到了蛋糕
Anyway, that afternoon at school, there was cake.
我当时只有一个愿望 希望我能拥有一个新的家庭
I wished on those candles with all my might for a new family.
而那天晚上在社工办公室的人
And who was at the social worker's office that night
正是我的养母
but my new mom.
太巧了
Wow. That's amazing.
这也并不是真的
It's also not true.
几年前 我把所有档案看了个遍
A few years back, I was going through old paperwork,
才知道我是将近十岁的时候
and realized I hadn't actually met my mom
才遇到了我的养母
until I was nearly ten.
记忆啊 是可塑的
Memory. It's malleable.
尤其是童年的记忆
Especially when it comes to children.
尤其是关于创伤的记忆
Especially when it comes to trauma.
那这对我的案子而言又能说明什么
So what does this mean for my case?
这说明我们需要一个能够证伪的目击证人
It means we call a rebuttal witness.
所以我今天申请了一天的延期
It's why we asked for a day's continuance,
这样我们就有时间找一些专家来向陪审团说明
so we can line up some experts who can explain to the jury
PTSD可能会导致部分记忆缺失
that PTSD can lead to the repression of some memories
也可能会使不同记忆混合
and the conflation of others.
别担心
Don't worry.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表