剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
对 那是他出生时落下的
Yes. That was something he was born with,
但医生说几年前就消失了
but the doctors said that that disappeared years ago.
跟他的死没有关系
That has nothing to do with this.
我相信你
No, I'm sure you're right.
但在协议里 学校律师提到了
But in the agreement, the school's lawyers reference
"未公开的先天性心脏病”
an "Undisclosed congenital heart condition."
显然他们要利用安东尼的心脏杂音
It's clear they're trying to use Antonio's heart murmur
来使自己免于担责
to shield themselves from blame.
不提这点
Regardless of that,
他们要给你们五十万美元
they are offering you a half a million dollars,
作为开价 这的确是个不小的数目了
which is certainly a respectable place to start.
当然 代价是 要拿到钱
The catch, of course, is to get it,
或者达成其它经济协定
or wherever we might land money-wise,
你们得签署一份不追究过失责任的协议
you are gonna have to sign a no-fault agreement.
这我不懂 什么意思
That's what I don't understand. What does that mean?
意思是他们付钱让你们弃诉
It means they're paying you to go away.
一旦你们拿了钱
Once you take the money,
他们就不想再见到你们了
they don't want to hear from you again.
不能提起诉讼 不能投诉他们
You can't sue them, you can't complain,
你也不能去找媒体曝光
you can't go to the press.
这件事就此了结
The matter is closed.
那我就无心入眠 无心进食 无心活下去
Which means that I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't breathe.
不行
No.
要不要这笔钱根本无所谓
I don't care about the money.
我想知道我的儿子为什么会猝死
I want to know why this happened
以及当时具体的情况
and I want to know how this happened.
我儿子本是个健康少年
My son was a healthy teenager.
健康的少年不会平白无故地突发心脏病
And healthy teenagers don't have heart attacks.
那么你们的选择就很清楚了
Well, then the choice is simple.
如果你们想强迫学校给你们答复
If you folks want to force answers out of the school,
你们只能选择起诉
your only option is to sue.
我们将会代表你们
What we'd do is file
针对学校的过失致死提起民事诉讼
a wrongful death civil suit on your behalf.
我们将有力地起诉达威尔预备学校
We'd effectively be suing Dartwell Prep School
以及达维斯教练
and Coach Davis.
你们要明白 一旦你们要求审判
Just so everyone understands, once you demand a trial,
接下来的一切都难以预料
all bets are off.
我们可能得到答复 也可能没有
Maybe we'll get some answers, maybe we won't.
你们可能拿到补偿款
Maybe we'll get you some money,
也可能一分钱都没有
or maybe you'll end up with none.
那我想问你 布尔博士
So let me ask you, Dr. Bull,
你愿意用五十万和沉默
would you accept half a million dollars and silence
交换你孩子的生命吗
in return for your child's life?
不愿意 当然不愿意了
No. Of course not.
那么我们就要起诉
Then we need to sue.
为了安东尼
For Antonio.
《庭审专家》第四季第十二集
拜托...
Come on...
绕过去...
Around...
别这样吧
I mean, come on.
你看上去像怀孕了
You look pregnant.
泰勒 有人吗
Taylor! Someone!
来帮下我
Help me!
我们外套和手套都还没换上
Normally, don't you put on your coat and mittens
你怎么就戴围巾了
and then your scarf?
这是个婴儿背带
It's a baby sling.
你不是带过孩子吗
You had a baby, didn't you?
但是也没有搞过这种东西啊
Yeah, but it didn't come with one of those.
算了
Never mind.
我还以为你能帮我整整
I was hoping you might be able to help me a little.
跟你说一下 我们拿到了证人名单
just wanted you to know we got the witness list.
辩方传唤了萨拉·巴恩斯
Defense is calling Sarah Barnes to the stand.
有点不留情了啊
Wow. Playing hardball.
- 是啊 - 那是谁
- Mm-hmm. - Who's she?
是一名出色的医生
She is a brilliant medical mind
但毫无伦理道德
completely unfettered by ethics and morality.
- 什么 - 她只为雇她的人说话
- Excuse me? - She's a gun for hire.
只为高价雇她的人说话
A very expensive gun for hire.
如果是己方 形势就极其有利了
The best or the worst, depending on
如果是敌方 我们就不那么占上风了
what side of the courtroom you're standing on.
她以前是新泽西的首席法医
Used to be New Jersey's chief medical examiner.
现在她不管事实
Now she makes a fortune providing her clients
只帮她的委托人说话 赚了很多钱
with whatever medical opinion they need to win.
如果 达威尔学校雇了她
Well, if Dartwell Academy's hiring her,
他们一定是想把安东尼的死因
we can assume they're going all in on the heart murmur
完全归为心杂音
as Antonio's cause of death.
我们得针对她的证词做准备
We're gonna need to get ahead of her testimony.
那么 泰勒
So, Taylor,
去网上找这个女人对于心杂音
comb the Internet for every word
所说过或者写过的
this woman has ever uttered or written
所有内容
on the subject of heart murmurs.
如果她说过任何跟安东尼的死
If she's ever said anything even slightly contradictory
哪怕有一点矛盾的话
to what she says about Antonio's death,
我希望本尼能针对这些话反击
I want Benny to be able to pounce on it.
来谈谈陪审员怎么选吧
Let's talk jurors.
来谈谈人们对权威的偏心吧
Oh, let's talk authority bias.
好吧 对权威的偏心
Okay, what about authority bias?
这种偏心对我们不利
It's not good for our side.
有这种偏心的人容易被
People with an authority bias are blinded by the power
一个权威人士 或者
of an authority figure, or, for that matter,
权威机构蒙蔽
an authoritarian institution.
只要没有确切的证据 他们就总会偏袒权威
They will always give it the benefit of the doubt.
所以他们就会相信学校
So they'll take the school's word
认为这只是一场意外
that this was just a tragic accident.
没错
Exactly.
正因为如此 我们需要一些多疑的陪审员
And that's why we want jurors who are distrustful.
各位下午好
Good afternoon, folks.
我们从一个假设开始
Let's start with a hypothetical.
你在飞机上
You are on an airplane.
舱门关闭 你被要求
The cabin doors close, you've been instructed to
将手♥机♥调成飞行模式
put your cell phone on airplane mode.
但是你正在发一些非常重要的短♥信♥
But you are in the middle of a very important text exchange.
你会怎么办
What do you do?
女士
Ma'am?
我会关机 安全第一
Uh, turn it off. Safety first.
你觉得如果不关会怎样呢
What do you think would happen if you left it on?
那又怎么样
What's the difference?
机组需要我关机 我就关机
They want you to turn it off, I'm gonna turn it off.
盲目遵从权威组织发布的
Blind faith in a vague instruction
模糊指令
issued by an institutional authority.
这个人有什么跟我猜测不符的吗
You seeing any signs of rebellion below the surface?
完全没有 很喜欢群体活动 参加了扶轮社
Not a whiff. Big joiner. Rotary Club.
扶轮社:慈善组织
在她的校友会当主席
President of her alumni association.
换掉
No.
法官大人 我们感谢这位女士的参与并希望换掉她
Your Honor, we'd like to thank and excuse this juror.
你呢 先生
And what about you, sir?
- 我吗 - 是的 你听到机组通知之后
- Me? - Yeah. You hear the announcement,
- 你会怎么做 - 我会选择发完我的短♥信♥
- what do you do? - I keep texting.
说实话 我在飞机上从来不关手♥机♥
To be honest, I never turn my phone off on the plane.
我只是调静音
I just silence it.
机组说的好像这是关乎安全问题
They pretend like it's about safety,
但其实只是他们不想我们用手♥机♥
but really, it's just about them not wanting us on our phones.
这只是他们的控制欲而已
It's a control thing for them.
告诉我这个人有这么多疑
Tell me this man is exactly who he seems.
兰迪·格里德 有个孙子 自称愤世嫉俗
Randy Grider, grandfather and self-described cynic.
开了一家餐馆 和卫♥生♥部♥有长♥期♥争执
Manages a restaurant, and has had what appears to be
长达十几年的 颇负盛名
a very public ten-year feud with the health department.
指责卫生监察员是过度自我的官僚主义者
Refers to health inspectors as navel-gazing bureaucrats
而且监察的目的
whose only concern is hitting a monthly quota
只是为了达到每月业绩
of violations.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表