剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
and get right to the main event.
什么正事
Which is?
民事审判
The civil trial.
而且 最重要的是
I mean, bottom line,
他们或许还没意识到
they may not know it yet,
但是这些受害者家属真正想要的
but what all these victims' families are really looking for
是你的委托人的赔偿金
is settlement money from your client.
然后
And then,
一旦大家都拿到了这个精神损失费
once everybody's got their "Feel better" Money,
想早点把这个姑娘放出来就不是什么难事了
it'll be easy to get our girl early release.
相反的 我们可以对簿公堂
On the other hand, we could go to court,
摆事实讲道理 说服陪审团
make our case, convince a jury,
根本就不会有牢狱之灾
and then there would be no jail time,
没有民事审判 也不需要和解
there would be no civil trial, there would be no settlements,
而且莫名其妙地 我觉得这很有道理
and, I don't know, that kind of makes sense to me
因为她什么都没做
because she didn't do anything.
你没明白我的意思 布尔博士 我不想上法庭
You're not hearing me, Dr. Bull. I'm not going to trial.
佩里先生 记住了 是我雇的你
Mr. Perry, keep in mind, I hired you.
布尔博士 你找我来
Dr. Bull, you came to me
是因为你需要我
because you needed somebody to ride shotgun
为你身先士卒
with you on this thing.
找我这样的事务所
Now, you don't come to a firm like mine
不是要上法庭的
because you want to go to trial.
找我是来全力避免法庭的
You come to a firm like mine to avoid trial.
是审判就会有风险
Trials are crapshoots.
陪审团就是不确定因素 认罪交易就不一样
Juries are crapshoots. Deals and pleas are not.
我知道你习惯的法庭
Now, I know court's where you live
和陪审团造就了现在的你
and juries are what made you who you are,
所以我能理解你在庭上有一种
so I understand you'd have an exaggerated
夸张的舒适感 但是...
sense of comfort there, but...
我们会上法庭
We're going to trial.
我有七年没上过法庭了
I haven't been inside a courtroom in seven years,
这一点我颇为自豪
and I'm damn proud of it.
审判是一个漫长而烦人的过程
It's a slow and irritating process
并且是对大家时间的践踏
and a terrible use of people's time.
准确说是我的时间
My time, anyway.
我猜你惯用的人手是... 住院了吗
I'm guessing your regular guy is in... in the hospital?
去度假了 还是怎么不合适了
On vacation? Otherwise indisposed?
差不多吧
Something like that.
好吧 我就帮你一把
Okay, I'm gonna do you a favor.
我知道你不是律师 我会以你的名义
I know you're not a lawyer, so I'm gonna ask the court
请求法庭延期一个月
for a one-month continuance on your behalf.
等你的人手回来吧
You know, take the month, wait for your guy.
一个月总够了吧
Month will get it done, right?
别
No.
这不该由你来做 谢谢你的提议
It's not your problem. I appreciate the offer.
我能搞定
I'll be fine.
史蒂芬
Steve. Steven!
等等
Hey.
这么说吧
You know what?
我觉得你是对的
I think you're right.
尽我们所能去庭外和解吧
Let's do everything we can to avoid a trial.
等一下 所以说...
Wait, so...
你是同意这么做了吗
so now you're saying you, you want to do this thing?
你给我的感觉不错
I get a good feeling from you,
我觉得我们会合作愉快的
and I think we'd work well together.
是嘛
Huh.
我也一样
Yeah, me, too.
- 谢谢你的午饭 - 不客气
- Thanks for lunch. - Yeah.
瓦雷先生 下午好
Mr. Valerian, good afternoon.
- 你一个人来的吗 - 是的
- You here by yourself? - Indeed I am.
梅丽莎没来
No Marissa,
这次我想和你单独谈谈
not this time. I wanted a word with you privately.
好的 请说
Okay. How can I help you?
我知道... 你已经知道我妻子
I know... you know my wife had a change of heart
现在又不太想生孩子了
with regards to our plans for starting a family,
但是我还是想和你非正式地
but I wanted to talk with you, kind of off the record,
谈一谈 首先
about a couple of things. First,
希望你还没有把她的卵子丢掉
I would hope you haven't disposed of her eggs just yet.
没有 目前还没
No, I don't believe so, not quite yet.
我的想法是
Well, what I was wondering was,
我能不能付钱让你们将其保存起来
is there a way I could pay you to keep them in storage
但不要告诉我妻子
without my wife knowing about it?
你先告诉我第二件事呢
Why don't you tell me the second thing?
惊喜来了 我想把我的精♥子♥也存起来
Surprise, surprise. I want to freeze my sperm.
我只是...
I just...
我只是想确保要是她再改变主意
I want to make sure we have everything we need
我们能有所准备
in case she changes her mind again.
瓦雷先生
Mr. Valerian,
该我和你"非正式地"谈谈了
now I need to talk to you "off the record."
我们还是省下纳税人的钱以及法♥院♥的时间吧
So we'll save the taxpayers money and the courts time,
我们的委托人会进来
and our client'll come in,
承认轻罪 然后我们
plead guilty to a misdemeanor, and we'll just
理所应当地转向民事审判
shuffle this off to the civil courts where it belongs.
轻罪
Misdemeanor?
是的 我想到的是鲁莽危害行为
Yeah, I was thinking, uh, reckless endangerment,
但是我们完全乐于接受
but we're totally open to anything
地方检察官的想法
the district attorney's office wants to suggest.
你怎么想的 布尔博士
And how do you feel about this, Dr. Bull?
我的想法不重要
Uh, not sure my feelings really matter.
佩里先生是这起案件的首席律师
Mr. Perry is the lead attorney on this case.
所以你也认为她有罪咯
So you think she's guilty?
因为这样的策略看起来
Because this feels like the kind of strategy
就属于委托人有罪的情况
one would employ for a guilty client.
我当然不认为她有罪
In my opinion, no, I don't think she's guilty.
她只是提供了几杯酒
She served the man some drinks, she didn't
子弹不是她买♥♥的 枪不是她上膛的
buy the bullets, she didn't load the gun.
那你来的目的是什么
Then what are you doing here?
他来是因为我来了
Uh, he's here because I'm here.
因为我真心觉得
Because I genuinely believe
这是最为明智的选择
this is the most prudent course of action.
那姑娘没有否认为凶手提供酒
The girl doesn't deny she served the man,
长话短说吧
so let's cut to the chase.
我们都知道这案子最终都会
We all know that this is gonna end up
进入保险公♥司♥的循环中
in the insurance company's lap.
总归就是为了钱 那就直奔主题吧
It's gonna be about money. I say let's get to it.
那个一直和你合作的律师呢
Where is that lawyer you used to work with?
我一直觉得
I always sensed
他还有点良知
that fellow had a conscience.
- 怎么说话的 - 我就跟你
- Hey. - Let me lay my cards
摊牌了吧
on the table.
我有六具尸体
I have six dead bodies to answer for,
四个悲切的家庭要交代
four grieving families to answer to,
我不认为从轻判决
and I don't think "Misdemeanor"
是他们想要的结果
is the answer they're looking for.
我也不认为他们想要的
And I don't think money
是金钱
is what's on their minds.
现在还不是
Not yet.
所以我还是要通过法庭解决此事
So I'm gonna see this thing through in a court of law.
先生们 罪名仍然是过失杀人罪
The charge is still manslaughter, gentlemen.
谢谢你们来这一趟
Thank you for dropping by.
谁能想到呢
Huh. Well, who'd have guessed it?
助理地监官居然是一个心怀信仰的人呢
A.D.A. is a true believer, a holy roller.
有得必有失吧
Well, you win some, you lose some.
这样吧 我会派我的一个同事
I'll tell you what, I'm gonna send
跟你一起去法庭
an associate of mine over to sit with you in court.
我说过的 在发霉的老木屋里
Yeah, like I told you before, musty old wooden rooms
看着男男女♥女♥穿着长袍 拿锤子敲桌子
and men and women in robes banging hammers on tables,
我可不感兴趣
it's not my thing.
记着我的话 你绝对会回到这个地方
And mark my words, you're just gonna end up in the same place,
坐在大会议桌旁讨价还价的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表