剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
- 旁听席 - 恰恰相反
- directly behind us. - Actually,
我希望这么安排
here's what I'd like to do.
您二位和科隆先生
I'd like to have the two of you sit up here
一起坐在辩方席位
at the defense table with Mr. Collin,
你和我坐旁听席
and you and I will be in the gallery.
我认为重要的是当陪审团朝
I think it's important when the jury looks over
辩方席位看过来的时候 他们能注意到
at the defense table, they are reminded
本次审判中唯一失去一切的
that the only people with anything to lose at this trial
是一个勤勉的家庭
are a hard-working family,
而不是望着一帮衣着光鲜
not a gaggle of well-dressed,
报酬丰厚的高管和律师
well-paid executives and lawyers.
另外 也给你们看看我做的工作
Plus, it'll give you a chance to see what it is I do
为什么值得你们公♥司♥花那么大价钱
that your company is paying so much for.
开始前可否耽误你
Any chance I could steal you for five minutes
五分钟时间呢
before we get this thing started?
她真不是省油的灯 我们亲爱的柯蕾斯女士
She's a real piece of work, our Ms. Kress.
你可以再说一遍
You can say that again.
她真不是省油的灯
She's a real piece of work.
现在已经把她支开了
Now that we've got that out of the way,
你对我们如何引导陪审团
how do you suggest we curate a jury
忽视一个坐在轮椅上的孩子有什么建议吗
that will look past a kid in a wheelchair?
在这个案子里 重点不在选择
Well, in this case, it's not so much about selecting
而在于排除
as it is about de-selecting.
任何活人都会瞧一眼原告
Anyone with a pulse is gonna take one look at the plaintiff
并想着帮他一把 为他做点什么
and want to help him, want to do something for him.
明白了 所以我们得把活人都灭了
Got it. So we eliminate anyone with a pulse.
或者 换种思路
Or, failing that,
我们减少感情用事的人出席
we minimize the presence of sentimentalists.
因为我们需要理智的陪审团成员
'Cause we want jurors who lead with their heads.
相比于感情用事他们更看重逻辑思考
Who prioritize logic and reason over emotion.
他们能够看清
People who will be able to see clearly
我们的客户不该为
that our client isn't responsible
詹姆斯的遭遇负责
for what happened to James.
他该自担责任
James is.
各位下午好
Good afternoon, everyone.
让我们设想一下
So let's imagine
一场飓风正在肆虐你的小镇
there's a hurricane barreling down on your town.
狂风 暴雨
Wind, rain,
紧急救援人员 应有尽有
emergency crews, the whole nine yards.
你们刚刚接到了疏散指令
You've just received an order to evacuate.
只有五分钟时间撤离
You have five minutes to leave your town.
- 你会带上点什么 - 好吧
- What do you take? - Well,
我想我会带上我的手♥机♥
I guess I'd take my phone,
钥匙 钱包
my keys, my wallet.
对了 还有护照和结婚证
Oh, and our passports and our marriage license.
重要的文件
Important documents.
你听上去非常实际
You sound very practical.
我想是吧
I suppose I am.
庭上 辩方可以接受
Your Honor, juror number eight
八号♥陪审员
is acceptable to the defense.
那你怎么选呢 先生
And what about you, sir?
如果只有一分钟的撤离时间你会带上点什么
What would you take if you only had minutes to evacuate?
好吧 首先 我会确保我的家人都安全了
Well, first, I'd make sure my family is safe.
- 当然 - 之后 我想我会带上
- Of course. - Then, I guess I'd grab
相册...
the photo albums...
我父亲的骨灰盒... 以及那条裹着
my father's urn... and the blanket
我们孩子从医院到家的毯子
we brought our daughter home in from the hospital.
重要的回忆
Important memories.
对我而言是的
They are for me.
庭上 我们感谢十二号♥陪审员并请求其离席
Your Honor, we'd like to thank and excuse juror number 12.
好了 麻烦各位举一下手
Okay, can I have a show of hands?
你们当中哪些人有孩子
How many of you have kids?
好的
Okay.
我看到你没有举手
Ah, I see you didn't raise your hand.
我能问一下
May I ask,
你有侄子或者侄女吗
do you have any nieces or nephews?
我有个侄女 她六岁了
I have a niece. She's six.
圣诞节快到了
You know, Christmas is coming up.
你考虑过送她一个小狗做节日礼物吗
You ever think about maybe giving her a puppy?
听起来不错 但我的哥哥不会饶了我的
Sounds sweet, but my brother would never forgive me.
庭上 辩方可以接受这个陪审员
Your Honor, this juror is acceptable to the defense.
干得漂亮
Nice work.
我明白你在搞什么名堂了
I see what you're doing here.
把实用主义者都挑出来
Stacking the deck with pragmatists.
你看到他们在做什么了吗
Ah, do you see what they're doing?
詹姆斯压根没坐着轮椅出现在这
No James, no wheelchair.
她雪藏着他
She's saving her client so he can make
好让他有个戏剧性的入场
a big theatrical entrance.
如果这值得
And for what it's worth,
那么我也会做同样的事
I would do the same thing.
所以大家都还挺高兴的吧
So everyone is happy?
一切都好吗
That went well?
在这种情况下
Well, under the circumstances,
我想没有人
I don't think there's any one of us
会认为这很容易
that thought this was gonna be easy.
原告十分引人同情
Plaintiff is especially sympathetic.
我的意思是 一个年轻人 他的生命才刚开始
I mean, a young man at the threshold of his life,
却已是半身不遂
losing the use of his lower body.
这太悲惨了
It's tragic.
考虑到这一点 我认为我们得安排
Given that, I think we seated a jury
一个包括至少两个 能以你的角度
where there's a real chance two or more members
看问题的陪审员的团队 这才是我们需要的
are gonna see things your way, and that is all we need.
但是... 我能问个问题吗
But, uh... Can I ask a question?
当然可以 艾梅斯瑞先生
Of course, Mr. Elmasry.
这是你的案子 你想问什么都行
This is your trial, you can ask whatever you'd like.
我们在这儿干嘛
What are we doing here?
我们全家都对那个男孩的遭遇感到非常难过
Our entire family feels terribly about what happened to that boy.
我们不需要被审讯
We don't need a trial.
我们也不想被审讯
We don't want a trial.
我买♥♥过保险了
I paid my insurance.
有人在我的房♥产上出了事故
Someone had an accident on my property,
为什么保险公♥司♥不直接赔偿他们呢
then why doesn't the insurance company just pay them?
这不就是保险的意义吗
Isn't that what the insurance is for?
不 那不是
No. That's not
保险的目的 起码在这个案子里不是
what the insurance is for; not in this case.
在本案里
In this case,
你的保险在这就是要当坏人的
your insurance is here to be the bad guy.
相信我 你需要一个坏人
And trust me, you need a bad guy.
在这种案子里 社会需要一个坏人
In cases like this, society needs a bad guy.
我不懂
I don't understand.
艾梅斯瑞先生 你和妻子
Mr. Elmasry, you and your wife
并没支付额外费用 因此任何人
did not pay premiums so anyone could come along
都能来找我们赔偿
and say you owe them money and have it paid by us.
这个孩子才不是出了意外事故
This young man did not have an accident.
意外事故是指你在生活中
An accident is when you go along in your life,
遇到一些意料不到的事情
and something unexpected happens.
这个年轻人做了一个对我们而言 积极的选择
This young man made an active choice.
他私闯民宅了
He trespassed.
他去了一个他不该去的地方
Went somewhere he was not supposed to go.
坐在一个无法承受他重量的地方
Sat on something that was never built to support him.
结果就是他摔下来了
And he fell to the ground as a result.
现在他想要你 或者说 我们
And now he wants you, or us,
社会来为他的遭遇买♥♥单
society to pay for what happened to him?
你觉得那公平吗
Do you think that's fair?
你们有两百万美元吗
Do you have $2 million?
把两百万美元交给一个陌生人
$2 million to just hand over to a stranger
而且他不仅侵犯了你的权利
who did nothing but violate your rights
还把你的私有房♥产视作
and treat your property as his own
自♥拍♥场地
just so he could take a picture?
不 我没有 但仁慈心呢
No, I do not, but what about mercy?
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表