剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
提出判断之前 对此争论
the guardian's judgment until she renders one.
考虑到这一点
And with that in mind,
唐尼女士
Ms. Downey,
你准备好做推荐了吗
are you prepared to make a recommendation?
坦白说 我不能说
Honestly, I cannot say
任何一个家庭是不合适的
either family is unfit.
但是如果必须
But if forced
要在两个家庭中做一个推荐
to make a recommendation between the two,
我会推荐沃顿一家
I would recommend the Waltons.
没事的 我们还没有结束
It's okay. We're not done.
还没结束
It's not over.
原告作证的第一天
你为什么要为儿子诉求单独监护权
Why are you seeking full custody of your son?
原告作证的第一天
你为什么要为儿子诉求单独监护权
Why are you seeking full custody of your son?
我的儿子现在是一个三个月大的婴儿
My son is currently a three-month-old baby.
但是眨眼间
But in the blink of an eye,
他就会成为一个六岁大的男孩
he'll be a six-year-old boy.
然后有一天 他会成为一个十六岁的年轻黑人
And one day, he'll be a 16-year-old young black man.
而那个年轻的黑人
And that young black man
将会需要一个知道如何教导他的人
is going to need someone who knows how to guide him.
一个给他"教导"的人
Someone to give him "The talk."
一个知道被警♥察♥
Someone who knows how to show him
叫停到路边时 双手要置于何地的人
exactly what to do with his hands when he gets pulled over.
一个带他去警局 把他介绍给当地警方
Someone to bring him into the police station and introduce him
以此让他们彼此认识
to the local police so they know his name.
麦康纳尔一家知道他们需要这么做吗
Do the McConnells know they need to do that?
他们知道
Do they even know how
该怎么做吗
to do that?
我表示怀疑
I doubt it.
反对
Objection.
法官阁下 这是不公正且误导性的
Your Honor, this is an unfair and misleading
描述
characterization.
沃顿先生 请尽量使用事实
Mr. Walton, I need you to stick to facts.
好的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
现实是
The reality is
这个孩子的肤色将会是他随身带的一张
this child is going to have a piece of his identity
身份证
that he wears.
一直如此 无可隐匿
All the time. There's no hiding it.
不管我们多想相信
And as much as we'd like to believe
这个世界可以没有肤色歧视 我们都知道那不是真的
this world is color-blind, we all know that just isn't true.
真实的情况是 这个世界
What is true is that this world
对于一个混血儿童
is a complicated place
一个混血青少年
for a biracial child, a biracial teen.
一个混血男子来说 是个复杂的地方
A biracial man.
找到出路很难
It's tough to find your way.
而约瑟夫将会需要他的生理上的父亲
And Joseph is going to need his biological father
来帮助他成长 他就是需要
to help him navigate. He just is.
你还有其他
Do you have anything else
要与本庭分享的吗
you want to share with the court?
我希望庭上知道
I would like the court to know
我是被一位强壮 有爱心的父亲养大的
that I was raised by a strong, loving father.
我的父亲亦是如此
As was my father before me.
如果我抛弃自己的儿子 延续黑人父亲缺席的
And I'll be damned if I am going to turn my back on my son
刻板印象 那我就真该死了
and perpetuate the stereotype of the absentee black father.
对这位证人 我没有其它问题了
I have no further questions for this witness.
上午好 沃顿先生
Good morning, Mr. Walton.
昨天我们听到了你那些
Now, yesterday we heard all about
令人敬佩的商界成功事迹
your impressive success in the business world,
你相当丰富的经济资源
your considerable financial resources.
那肯定是付出了一定代价的 不是吗
But that must come at a cost, does it not?
我想凡事都有代价吧
I suppose everything comes at a cost.
据你估计
How many hours a week
你和你的妻子每周要工作几个小时
would you estimate that you and your wife work?
如果用数字统计 应该是六十个小时吧
If I had to put a number on it, I'd say probably 60 hours.
- 每周吗 - 对
- Each? - Yes.
强调一下 这只是大概
Again, that's an approximation.
有很多工作我是在家里的电脑和电♥话♥上完成的
A lot of that work happens at home on laptops and telephones.
那你周末上班吗
Mm. And do you work on the weekends?
有时要
Sometimes.
我能保证 法官大人 我们抚养孩子后
Your Honor, I can assure you, that will change
这些都会改变的
once we have custody of our son.
是吗
Mm. Will it, though?
你们不是
Isn't it true
已经开始挑选保姆了吗
that you've already begun interviewing nannies?
还有夜班护士和周末保姆
Night nurses? Weekend nannies?
你不能根据我和我妻子要长时间工作
Just because my wife and I work long hours,
就说我们会成为不负责的父母
that doesn't mean we aren't going to be hands-on parents.
我父母就是这样抚养我的 但我也因此很出色
That's how my parents raised me, and I was all the better for it.
我了解了职业道德的重要价值
I learned the value of a strong work ethic.
还有把工作做好的意义
The value of a job well done.
也许你是对的
Maybe so,
但我感觉
but... it's feeling like
你是准备把父母该做的事让别人来做
you're preparing to outsource your parenting,
实际上 这个孩子现在已经有两位
when this child already has two
出色 慈爱 负责任的
wonderful, loving, hands-on,
全职父母来照顾
full-time parents.
那就是麦康纳尔夫妇
Miles and Elisabeth McConnell.
他们根本不懂得养育一个黑人小孩
Two parents who don't understand the first thing
应该做好的第一件事是什么
about raising a black child.
但请允许我指出 沃顿先生
Might I point out, Mr. Walton,
一直以来 很多白人夫妇都能养育好
that white parents successfully raise black
黑人和混血孩子
and biracial children all the time.
这只是你的一家之见 先生
That's your opinion, sir.
法官大人 我没有别的问题了
I have no further questions, Your Honor.
你是怎么想的
What do you think?
读懂法官和读懂陪审团不同
Reading a judge isn't the same as reading a jury,
虽然沃顿先生是一个很有说服力的证人
but, while Mr. Walton was a compelling witness,
但我认为 他说的好坏参半
I think he did himself as much harm as good.
我们的机会来了
They rested their case. It's our turn now.
你还想按照原计划进行吗
You still want to stick with the plan?
让伊丽莎白来当我们的第一证人
Call Elisabeth as our first witness?
不
No.
我觉得我们需要提醒法官
I think we need to remind the judge
这个孩子已经有一位父亲了
that this baby already has a father.
在产房♥里 你见到孩子的第一眼
Those first moments in the delivery room,
当你意识到 也许孩子并没有
when you realized you probably didn't
继承到你的DNA
share DNA with your son,
你作何感想
how did you respond?
我很震惊 非常惊讶
I was shocked. I was surprised.
当我抱着约瑟夫时
When I was holding Joseph,
他看着我时流露出的
and the way he was looking at me,
那种无助
his helplessness...
那时 我就不在乎什么DNA
At that point, I stopped thinking about DNA,
生理之类的事了
biology, all that.
我就想 "我要给予你
I just thought, "I'm gonna make the best life
我能给你的最好的生活
"I possibly can for you,
因为我是父亲 而你是我的孩子"
because I'm your father, and you're my child."
我知道
I know it's
这样可能有点做作 但我真的相信
a hokey expression, but I really do believe
上帝赐予你的 一定是你能接受的
God doesn't throw you more than you can handle.
那你是这么做的吗
So you went about doing that?
为你的孩子创造最好的生活
Making the best life for your son?
我当然在努力
I'm sure trying.
你知道 他有腹痛的毛病
He's got colic, you know,
我们有几个晚上没合眼
so we're up a lot of nights.
但无论我有多累
But no matter how tired I get,
他一睡着
once he finally finds his way to sleep,
我就会多坚持一会 笑着看着他
I stay up a little while longer and just watch
熟睡的样子
and smile.
因为他是我的孩子
Because he's mine.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表