剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
也会让你将她推销到电视界的事泡汤
but you won't be able to sell her to television.
毕竟 谁想要一位被判
After all, who wants a judge that's been found guilty
妨碍司法公正的法官呢
of obstructing justice?
所有人
Everybody.
我是说 这个女人作为一个
I mean, this woman is on the cusp
民间英雄而受审
of being a folk hero.
她帮助一个普通公民逃脱了联邦调查局的抓捕
She helped a regular citizen escape the clutches of the FBI.
这就是美国精神啊
This is America.
我们敬仰那些脾气有点坏的人
We look up to people with a touch of badass in them.
而且 完全坦白地说
And, if I'm being completely honest,
如果她输了这场官司
she's an easier sell if she loses this thing
反而更容易推销
than if she wins.
这就是事实
That's just the truth.
跟我说他们明白事理
Tell me they know better.
跟我说他们能看穿他的愤世嫉俗
Tell me they can see through his cynicism.
他们明白事理 他们能看穿他的愤世嫉俗
They know better. They can see through his cynicism.
科隆先生
Mr. Colon,
还有其他问题要问这位证人吗
do you have anything else for this witness?
在法庭上无话可说了 法官大人
Nothing I can say in court, Your Honor.
两天后
请被告方起立
Will the defendant please rise?
首席陪审员女士 你们做出裁决了吗
Madam Foreperson, have you reached a verdict?
已有裁决 法官大人
We have, Your Honor.
陪审团 一致裁定被告各项罪名都成立
We, the jury, find the defendant guilty on all counts.
法官大人 联邦政♥府♥准备好量刑了
Your Honor, the United States moves for sentencing.
把量刑事宜推迟到下周
Put sentencing over to next week.
- 为什么 我们只是在拖延不可避免的事而已 - 未必如此
- Why? We're just delaying the inevitable. - Not necessarily.
她说的对 都结束了 布尔
She's right. It's over, Bull.
我让你做什么你就做
I asked you to do something.
辩方准备好量刑事宜了吗
Is the defense ready for sentencing?
还没有 法官大人
No, Your Honor.
我们希望推迟几天以便于准备辩词
We'd like a few days so I can prepare my arguments,
而且我的委托人也能安排好个人事宜
and my client can get her affairs in order.
你可以尊重程序
You can respect the process,
而对结果仍持保留意见
and still not agree with the outcome.
而我不能
And I don't.
我有个拙见
So here are my two cents.
我觉得你正是我们在法官席上
I think you're exactly the kind of judge
需要的那种法官
we need on the bench.
我认真的
I mean it.
你头脑聪敏 秉公办事
You're smart and fair.
尊敬每一个人
You treat everyone with respect.
似乎也很坚定
And you seem determined to
想给这个古板的机构带来新气象
breathe life into an otherwise stodgy institution.
更别提你让人对这里产生好感
Not to mention you make people actually want to be here.
你知道这是多大的功绩吗
You have any idea what a feat that is?
所以我不会放弃
So I'm not giving up.
你俩该有些共通之处
There's got to be some common ground.
既然都是法官
You're both judges.
又都这么顽固
And you're both stubborn.
那么致力于自己的工作
You're both committed to your work.
这不重要 他对我有成见
It doesn't matter. He has it in for me.
别忘了他可是以藐视法庭的名义把我关了起来
Let's not forget he locked me up for contempt.
因为你坏了他的规矩
Because you violated his rules.
没错 你抢了他风头
That's right. You spoke out of turn,
所以霍林斯沃法官就动手了
and Judge Hollingsworth did something about it.
他动用了司法裁量权
He exercised his judicial discretion.
停下来仔细一想
And when you stop and think about it,
他相信的是司法主♥权♥
he believes in judicial sovereignty,
换句话说 也就是
which is kind of another way of saying
他相信法庭的神圣
he believes in the sanctity of the courtroom.
这会不会让你想起某个人呢
Does that remind you of anyone?
控辩双方是否准备好就量刑
Are both parties prepared to make their arguments
提出论点
on sentencing?
我们希望传唤一位证人 法官大人
Actually, we'd like to call a witness, Your Honor.
我们希望传唤詹姆斯·威乐
We'd like to call James Wheeler.
异议 我们并未收到通知
Objection. We haven't been given notice.
我们第一次听说这位证人
This is the first we've heard of this witness.
做律师的应该都了解
Well, as counsel well knows,
通知原则并不适用于量刑听证会
the rules of discovery don't apply in sentencing hearings.
不需事前通知
No notice is required.
赞同 请威乐先生上庭
I agree. Let's hear from Mr. Wheeler.
让我开门见山吧 威乐先生
I'm gonna get right to it, Mr. Wheeler.
您对刑事司法体系
You are no stranger
并不陌生吧
to the criminal justice system, are you?
很惭愧 确实不陌生
No, I'm sorry to say I'm not.
您曾被判有罪 是吗
You have been convicted of a crime, haven't you?
是的 年轻的时候
Yes. When I was a teenager,
我... 我是黑帮成员
I... I was a member of a gang,
我... 我们惹上了麻烦
and I... we got into trouble, yes.
您是否于五年前抢劫了一家酒品店
Five years ago, did you rob a liquor store?
是的
I did.
我们四个人进去了 其中一个有枪
Four of us went in, and one of the guys had a gun.
而他抢钱时您袖手旁观
And you stood watch while he demanded money.
是的
Yes, I did.
您是否被以抢劫罪起诉
And were you prosecuted for the robbery?
我们都被告了
We all were.
然后都坐牢了
And everyone got sent to prison,
除了我
ex... except me.
- 为什么呢 - 法官大人
- And why is that? - Your Honor,
我们都知道接下来走向
we all know where this is going.
我希望听证人亲口说出
I'd like to hear from the witness.
请继续
Continue.
我不知道
I don't know.
我想是法官大人在我身上看到了什么
I think the judge saw something in me,
认为我... 我的人生还有别的选择
thought I... I could do something with my life.
不管怎么说 我被判缓刑
Anyway, I got sentenced to probation.
那之后呢
And what's happened since then?
我就缓刑出狱
Well, I finished my probation.
之后再没惹上麻烦
Haven't gotten in trouble since.
您完成高中学习了吗
You finish high school?
我有高中同等学历
Got my GED,
现在在上大学
and now I'm in college,
学做程序员
studying to be a computer programmer.
我... 我也在帮助我的小弟
And I... I also help out my little brother.
他明年就要高中毕业了
He's graduating high school next year.
那么...
So...
法官在您身上发现了某些特质
the judge saw something special in you,
给了您机会 而现在
gave you a break, and now
您成了建设社会的一员
you are a productive member of society.
我... 我想是的
I... I like to think so, yeah.
威乐先生 可以请您在法庭内
Mr. Wheeler, could you please look around the courtroom
为我们指出那位法官吗
and identify that judge for us?
他就坐在这
he's sitting right here.
霍林斯沃法官...
Judge Hollingsworth...
谢谢您
Thank you.
我... 我知道过去了这么长时间
I... I know it's been a while.
我猜您已经不记得我了
I guess you don't remember me.
但我记得您
But I remember you.
而且我永远不会忘记您的作为
And I'll never forget what you did for me.
异议 这故事很感人
Objection. That is a touching story,
但证人与此被告的量刑
but the witness has no relevance
并无关系
to the sentencing of this defendant.
很抱歉 我不同意
I'm sorry, I disagree.
这非常相关 法官大人
It's completely relevant, Your Honor.
此情况明显相似于
You know, there's a striking similarity between
您对威乐先生做的事
what you did for Mr. Wheeler
及杜根法官试图为简森护士做的事
and what Judge Duggan was trying to do for Nurse Jansen.
现在 简森护士
Now, Nurse Jansen was
已相信
led to believe that
自己的作为 即上庭作证 是正确的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表