剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
recast himself as the whistleblower
而不是一个合谋犯
rather than the co-conspirator,
那他也许还能接着干
that he might be able to work again.
政♥府♥称你们的淡水去盐化技术
The government is claiming your water desalination technology
并不能得到广泛应用
is incapable of being applied to anything other than
仅限于个人使用
personal use application,
但在你们的招标书和发布会上
but that in your pitches and demonstrations and
以及投资招股说明书里
investment prospectuses,
你们都在把它宣传为应对
you've been selling it as the answer
全球水资源短缺的最后答案
to the global water shortage.
他们认为你们是在做白日梦
They say you're peddling a pipe dream.
听着 我也不傻
Look, I'm not a nut.
我不是个江湖骗子
I'm not a scam artist.
我没有说我发明的东西
I'm not saying I've discovered something
能帮助你减肥 或者是让你生发
that can help you lose weight or make your hair grow back.
我也没说我能让女性
I'm not saying I can help women
穿比基尼的时候更丰满或者让男人穿泳裤时
fill out their bikinis or men look more manly
看着更阳刚
in their Speedos.
我说的是 我能帮助世界解渴
I'm saying I can help quench the thirst of the world.
我能浇灌沙漠里的作物
I can help water crops in a desert.
这些东西影响重大
The ramifications are huge.
听着 有四件事情
I mean... look, there are four things
是地球上每一个人都需要的:
every human being on this planet needs:
呼吸的空气 吃的食物
air to breathe, food to eat,
一片生存的土地
a piece of land to stand on,
和水
and water.
你只要解决了水的问题
You figure out the water part,
其他东西都能就位
everything else falls into place.
你能培育更多食物
You can grow more food,
能种更多树来造更多氧气
you can plant more trees to help create more oxygen,
人们可以住在任何地方
and people can live anywhere,
不论气候如何
no matter the climate.
这是真的 这很重要
This is real. This matters.
我能理解那男的临阵逃脱了
I get that the guy choked,
但他为什么要把她出♥卖♥♥♥给政♥府♥呢
but why sell her out to the government?
这根本不可理喻
It just doesn't make sense to me.
还不都是钱的问题 一旦他上报了联邦警♥察♥
Well, it's all about the money. As soon as he called the Feds,
他就不再是一个怨声载道的职员
he stopped being a disgruntled employee
而成了一个证♥监♥会♥保密的举报人
and became classified as an SEC whistleblower.
而成为证♥监♥会♥举报人后 只要政♥府♥胜诉
And as an SEC whistleblower, if the government wins,
他就能从法庭判决的现金处罚中分一杯羹
he gets a percentage of whatever cash judgment the court levies.
问题很复杂
The plot thickens.
你不会去代理她这个案子的吧
You're not gonna represent her, are you?
你怎么了 本尼
What's your issue, Benny?
首先 你答应过我
First of all, you promised me
对于我们接什么样的案子 我有一定话语权
that I could have some say in the cases we take around here.
其次 我们刚刚和那女的
And second of all, we just sat with that woman
待了半个小时 她没有说任何
for a half an hour, and she didn't say a single thing
我能用来进行辩护的事情
I can use to mount a defense.
你相信她告诉你的事吗
Do you believe what she told you?
你相信她向你撒谎了吗
Do you believe she was lying to you?
这有什么关系呢
I'm not sure that's relevant.
我觉得这是唯一有关系的事
I think it's the only thing that is relevant.
如果她相信自己所说的
If she believes what she's saying,
所营销的 那么她就没有犯罪意图
what she's selling, then there is no criminal intent.
而如果没有犯罪意图
And if there is no criminal intent,
那么犯罪就不成立
then there is no crime.
但是 布尔 我们要怎么办呢
But, Bull, how do we do that?
我们该怎么证明一个人心里是怎么想的呢
How do we prove what someone does or doesn't believe?
特别是如果她相信的是一件
Especially if the thing that she believes in
根本不存在的事
doesn't actually exist?
无论如何 我相信她
Well, for what it's worth, I believe her.
你认为她可以把海水变成饮用水
You think she can change seawater into drinking water?
你相信她可以改变世界
You believe she can change the world?
我相信她相信自己可以做到
I believe she believes she can.
你当然相信了 但我不信
Of course you do. Well, I don't.
本尼
Benny...
我告诉过你我会听你的意见
I told you that I would listen to you,
而且我也听了
and I have listened to you,
并且你的意见对我很重要
and what you said mattered to me,
但是这案子我接了
but I'm taking the case.
庭审专家 第四季第二集
所以 我们怎么办
So, how does this work?
今天我们会挑选陪审团成员
Well, today is about trying to select a jury
这些人至少得愿意倾听
that's at least open to hearing the arguments
我们将在法庭上发表的观点
we're gonna make in court.
这怎么做得到呢
And how do we do that?
是啊 布尔博士 这要怎么做得到呢
Yes, Dr. Bull, how do we do that?
首先我们必须试着去
Well, the first thing we have to try and do
重新架构这次审讯的目的
is reframe what this trial is about.
在给你定罪之前
The assistant United States attorney
助理联邦检察官想要成功地
wants to make it about the things you promised
将你所承诺的事情和你实际能够完成的事情
versus the things you were actually able to accomplish
对立起来
before they pulled the plug on you.
是啊 那就是
Well, that is
这次审讯的主要内容了
what the trial is about.
如果我们有对策 就不会是那样
Not if we have anything to do with it.
我想要利用选择陪审团成员的过程给他们灌输一种想法
I want to use the jury selection process to put the idea in their head
也就是说这场审讯的真正目的
that what this is really about
是完全不同的
is something different entirely.
而那是什么呢
And that would be?
信仰体系
Belief systems.
很长一段时期中 人们相信
There are people who believed for the longest time
电♥话♥必须是黑色的 必须是旋转拨号♥盘
that phones had to be black, with rotary dials,
连接着消失在墙里面的电线
and be connected with wires that disappeared into the wall
沿着路边从一点串到另外一点
and ran from pole to pole along the side of the road.
那就是电♥话♥应该有的样子
And that that's what phones are
那就是电♥话♥永远该有的样子
and that's what phones will always be.
汽车只能靠汽油来跑
That cars could only run on gasoline,
电影只能在有空调的影院
that movies could only be seen on giant screens
在巨大的荧幕上放映 新闻只能通过
in air-conditioned theaters, and that news
白纸黑字的报纸来传播
could only be delivered via black newsprint on white paper.
空中飞车
Flying cars.
这里有人认为这有一天会实现吗
Anybody here think we'll ever see them?
在我们的有生之年吗
In our lifetime?
也许我们有一个可用的
Maybe we got a live one.
可别抱什么希望
Well, don't anybody get their hopes up.
大卫·墨菲是一个理财规划师
David Murphy is a financial planner,
自认为在财务上持保守态度
considers himself fiscally conservative.
他似乎并不符合要求
Doesn't seem like he'd fit the bill.
你可能是对的 也可能是错的
Well, you might be right. You might be wrong.
如果不窥探一下他的信仰体系就很难知道结果
Hard to know without getting a peek at his belief system.
所以你认为 将来的某一天 你将在自己全新的
So you're thinking, one of these days, you'll be hovering
敞篷汽车里翱翔在第五大道上空
over Fifth Avenue in your brand-new convertible.
大概是那样
Something like that.
别误会
And please don't take this the wrong way,
但是你看起来已经活挺久了
but you look like you've been around a while.
已经有很多见识了
Like you've seen a thing or two.
那么这种异想天开的乐观主义从何而来呢
Where does all of this fanciful optimism come from?
这完全不是异想天开的乐观主义
It's not fanciful optimism at all.
这更像是一朝被蛇咬 十年怕井绳
It's more like once bitten, twice shy.
请解释一下是什么意思
Ah. How do you mean?
大概二十年前
Well, 20 years ago or so,
一个男人向我申请一些投资资本
a man came to me for some investment capital.
他想要为自己新成立的公♥司♥集资
He wanted to put it in a new company he was starting.
声称他将要在互联网上卖♥♥书
Said he was gonna sell books over the Internet.
我当时当然不理解
I absolutely did not understand.
我问他 "书怎么能从电脑里出来
I asked him, "How are the books going to come out of the computer?
它们会从插软... 软盘的槽里
"Are they, are they gonna ooze out of the slot
溢出来吗"
for the f... floppy disk?"
我... 我几乎把他扔出了办公室
I... I basically threw him out of my office.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表