剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
you already know what I'm about to tell you.
我带个眼罩
I could read this jury on a moonless night
都能猜到评审团现在在想什么
with a blindfold on.
早上好 古德曼先生
Good morning, Mr. Goodman.
- 是博士 - 好吧
- Doctor. - Ah.
博士 对不起
Doctor. My apologies.
请问你是什么领域的博士呢
And you are a doctor in what?
我拥有土木工程的博士学位
Well, I have a doctorate in civil engineering as well
还有干旱资源科学的第二博士学位
as a second doctorate in arid lands resource sciences.
哇 真厉害
Wow. That is impressive.
看起来你对水的淡化了解不少
Sounds like you know a lot about desalination.
我确实为我
Well, I do pride myself on being
在自己领域的专家身份而自豪
something of an expert in my field.
很好 所以我有理由认为
Terrific. So it's reasonable to assume that you know
你对海水还有海水淡化
everything there is to know about, uh, seawater
- 无所不知 - 其实我不认为
- and desalination and... - Well, I don't think
一个人可能对任何事物无所不知
anyone knows everything about anything.
说得好
Great point.
因此 当你说"没人能使
So, when you say no one could scale up
淡水蜂巢的日净水量
the Freshwater Honeycomb
达到城市净水的要求"时
for use in municipal water purification application,
其实你想要说的是
what you're really trying to say is,
"我" 也就是你 "无法
"I," meaning you, "couldn't scale up
使淡水蜂巢的日净水量
"the Freshwater Honeycomb
达到城市净水的目标规模"
for use in municipal water purification applications."
我说的对吗
Isn't that correct?
抗♥议♥ 这是问答环节
Objection. Asked and answered.
- 法官大人 - 这是在为难证人
- Your Honor. - Badgering the witness.
- 法官大人... - 别说了 科林先生
- Your Honor... - Save your breath, Mr. Colón.
问题还没问 也还没回答
The question has not been asked and answered.
律师也并未为难证人
And the counselor is not badgering the witness.
抗♥议♥无效
Objection overruled.
请你再次提问
Ask your question again.
古德曼先生 你唯一能说的
Isn't it true, Dr. Goodman, that all you can say
是否只是你做不到这件事呢
with any certainty is that you couldn't do it?
是你无法提高净水量?
You couldn't scale it up?
这是什么 是态度转变了吗
What is that I'm feeling? Could it be attitudes shifting?
- 是的 - 我是说
- Yes. - I mean,
你怎么知道有些小孩
for all you know, there could be some kid
现在正坐在车♥库♥里
sitting in his or her garage right now
正在思考这件事的解决方法
with just the fix for this thing.
- 我表示怀疑 - 我不是问你
- I doubt it. - I didn't ask you
是不是怀疑这件事
if you doubted it.
我问的是我刚刚所说的是否有可能
I had asked if what I am saying right now is possible.
是否可能存在一个解决方法
If a solution is possible.
我认为一切皆有可能
I suppose anything is possible.
没错
Exactly.
一切皆有可能
Anything is possible.
所以您觉得如果政♥府♥胜诉
Sir, how much do you stand to make
自己能获利多少呢
if the government wins this case?
如果政♥府♥胜诉
Isn't it true that if the government prevails
而你作为举报人
in this case, as a whistleblower,
真的能获利吗
you stand to profit?
真的能货真价实地拿到钱吗
Actually make some real money?
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
让我换种方法问你
Let me put it another way.
你认为你不完成本职工作
Isn't it true that you stood to make considerably more
而是离开公♥司♥ 提供证据
by not finishing your work and leaving the company
这样能获得多得多的钱
and turning state's evidence than if you'd stayed
我说的没错吧
and done the job you'd originally been hired to do?
这可是几百万美元啊 对吧
I mean, we're talking millions, right?
反对
Objection.
这和本案有什么关系吗
Relevance?
没事 法官大人
No, that's all right, Your Honor.
我收回这个问题
I withdraw the question.
我觉得陪审团已经可以看出这其中的问题了
I think the jury could connect the dots.
问话完毕
Nothing further.
你怎么了
What's going on over there?
看上去像是肠胃异动了
Looks like you're having a troublesome bowel movement.
你干的很好 本尼
You did great, Benny.
我们打的他们手忙脚乱
We got 'em on the run.
我觉得你把偶然的好运气
I think you're mistaking a momentary change of fortune
和真正的胜利给弄混了
for a real victory.
今天就是我的全部存货了
That was, that was everything.
是我能说的所有辩护词了
That's our whole defense.
剩下的我不知道还能说什么了
I've got nothing else to fight with.
别说傻话了
Don't be ridiculous.
明天我们会拿出证据 我们会让惠特尼出庭作证
Tomorrow we present our case. We put Whitney on the stand.
你看了我发的那些油管视频了吗
Did you see those YouTube videos I sent you?
她能想着把木屑卖♥♥给伐木场
Girl could sell sawdust to a lumber mill.
她只是想为她的梦想挣点钱 这也不是什么犯罪
She's just trying to finance her dream, and that is not a crime.
但是 布尔
But, Bull,
法律对于纯粹的谎言
the law does not differentiate
和为了实现梦想的谎言
between a run-of-the-mill lie
是不会区别对待的
and a lie for a worthwhile dream.
对于法律来说 他们都是谎言
To the law, it's all a lie.
这都是诈骗罪
It's all a fraud.
布尔 得了吧 你看过那部电影的
Come on, Bull, you saw that film.
在过滤器最新的版本中
The most current version of this thing
一旦水流接近要求速度
disintegrates before water starts flowing
它就会毁坏
at anything approaching the required speed.
她不可能不知道自己在撒谎
There's no way she didn't know she was lying,
而这就是诈骗
and that's fraud.
大家听着 我们每个人为了你
So, everybody, we've all been working very hard
为了本尼 还有客户
trying to pull this together for you
都花了很大的功夫
and Benny and the client.
那我们先让泰勒开始说吧
Uh, why don't we let Taylor start?
谢谢
Thanks.
我先说说我发现的
Uh, some
一些突发♥情♥况吧
little bumps in the road we need to discuss.
我真高兴 是你先开始说
So glad you're going first.
惠特尼并不是如她所说
Whitney didn't, in fact, drop out early
为了实现淡水蜂巢的梦想而退学的
to pursue her Freshwater Honeycomb dreams
她这样对我们说 这样对每一个
like she told us, like she told every reporter
采访过她的记者说
who's ever done a story about her.
她的退学别无选择
She had to leave.
- 是学校强制的 - 原因呢
- They made her leave. - Because?
因为她拖欠欠款
Because she was in arrears.
她总是用空头支票
She had a habit of writing tuition
付学费和房♥租
and housing checks that bounced.
学校给了她很多次机会
The school would give her second and third chances
让她还清自己的债务
to make good on her bills,
还让她勤工助学
offered her campus jobs to make money,
但她刚还清一单债务
but she'd no sooner pay off one bad debt
就又给别人空头支票
and then write another worthless check.
最后 他们受不了了
Finally, they had enough.
对不起 布尔
I'm sorry, Bull.
你觉得原告知道这件事吗
You think the prosecution knows?
谁在乎呢 我觉得你们已经
Who cares? I think you guys are making
弄出不少麻烦事了
a mountain out of a molehill.
这我不同意 这可不是什么麻烦事
Well, I don't agree. It's not a molehill.
空头支票可是诈骗罪
Writing bad checks, that's fraud.
这就是她正被起诉的罪名
That's the exact crime she's being accused of right now.
你忘了她的父亲已经去世的事情
You're forgetting her father had died.
他们的家庭农场没了 钱当然成问题
They'd lost the family farm. Of course money was an issue.
她有没有把学费付清呢
Did she pay the college back?
她把欠别人的钱都还清了吗
Did everybody get everything they were owed?
是的 最终都付清了
Yes. Eventually.
也许是在投资者的钱到账后
Probably with the salary she paid herself
用她给自己开的工资付的吧
after the investors came on board.
什么意思
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表