剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
宝贵商业关系的这位男性
a valuable business relationship with
没有经过她的同意就和她发生性行为
had sex with her without her consent.
我重申 我理解 但这不是重点
Again, I understand that, but that is not the point.
这就是重点
There is no other point.
他做了丑恶的事
He did a horrible thing.
而他极有可能犯有前科
And there's no reason to think he hasn't done it before,
也极有可能重蹈覆辙
and there's no reason to think he won't do it again.
可就因为他有钱...
But because he's rich...
这有什么关系吗
What does that have to do with anything?
天呐
Oh, my God.
这关系到所有的事情
That has everything to do with everything.
因为他有钱 就算到了法庭
Because he's rich, if this ever does go to court,
他也能出钱找人 比如你 来平息事件
he'll pay to have someone like you minimize it
混淆事实
and obfuscate the facts
雇一队陪审团
and pack the jury with a bunch of people
而这群人都觊觎他的地位和钱财
who want to be him and want to have what he has
这样陪审团永远不会投反对票
and therefore would never, ever vote against him
因为那就是他们未来的自己
or the person they think they might be
如果他们能买♥♥彩票中头彩
if they ever won the lotto
或者赌博大赚一笔
or the Powerball or the Irish Sweepstakes.
这段话
Is this the argument
是在劝我不炒她鱿鱼吗
that's supposed to convince me not to fire her?
别忘了
Lest we forget,
你说的都是毫无证据的指控
these are allegations you are talking about,
不是可证的事实
not provable facts.
- 是吗 - 对
- Really? - Mm.
那为什么今早他给她一百万美元
Then why'd he offer her a million dollars this morning
让她签保密协议
to sign an NDA?
她接受了吗
Uh, did she take it?
没
No.
她想上法庭
She wants to go to court!
他真的坏透了
This is just a really bad dude.
如果我们不阻止他
If we don't try to stop him,
还有谁会
who will?
简单来说 有些事情我们有把握
The simple truth is there are things we control
有的没有
and things we don't.
你对亚历山大先生的指控
Your case against Mr. Alexander is not,
在可见的将来 是无法诉诸法庭审理的
for the conceivable future, heading to court.
就是不行
It just isn't,
我们也爱莫能助
and there's nothing we can do about it.
地方检察院否决了上诉
The D.A.'s office is convinced there's no there there.
缺少大量证据和目击证人
A complete lack of evidence and witnesses.
没人看到或听到任何事
No one saw anything. No one heard anything.
我不知道该跟你说什么
I don't know what to tell you.
那我们不能在民事法♥院♥打官司吗
Well, couldn't we maybe file in civil court?
可以按性骚扰和
Assault and intentional infliction
故意造成情绪困扰的罪名来立案
of emotional distress.
或者其他类似的罪名
Something like that.
我没听懂
I don't understand.
上民事法庭的案件必须得是民事案件
It would be a civil trial.
在民事法庭上你只能让他赔钱
You'd be suing him for money,
而不能把他送进监狱
not threatening to send him to jail.
但同时收集证据的压力也没那么大
And the burden of proof is lower.
你只用说服六个陪审员中的五个
You'd only have to convince five out of six jurors
- 而不是十二个 - 等等
- instead of 12. - Hold the phone.
先别扯那么远
Before everyone gets carried away,
我们现在还没有实际的证据
we still don't have any real evidence.
不管是上刑事法庭
Whether it's in criminal court
还是民事法庭
or civil court,
要是没有证据就只能"公说公有理 婆说婆有理"
it is still just a "He said, she said" Situation,
并且我真心不认为
and I honestly don't think
有什么继续下去的必要
there is enough here to go forward.
我不是想给纽约警♥察♥局的那些
Well, not to cast any aspersions on the NYPD detectives
正在调查此案的警♥察♥泼脏水
that have already looked into this,
但我能不能自己做点调查呢
but would anyone mind if I did a little investigating?
我是说
I mean, just because
虽然现在他们还没找到任何证据
no one's found any evidence yet
但并不代表完全没有证据
doesn't mean there isn't any evidence to be found.
有什么能帮你的吗
Can I help you?
你是在找厕所吗
You looking for a restroom?
我看起来像是来找厕所的吗
Do I look like I'm looking for a restroom?
不好意思
My mistake.
你绝对想不到有多少人
You'd be amazed at the number of people
来上帝家里找厕所
who come in God's house looking for a restroom.
你想去哪个方向呢
Well, what can I point you towards?
我正想着
Oh, I was hoping I could...
随便预约一个人
make an appointment to speak to someone.
聊聊家里的一些事
Home stuff.
家里的事
Family stuff.
你是这个教区的吗
You belong to the parish?
不是
No. I do not.
我觉得这个世纪以来
I don't think I've stepped inside a church
除了婚礼和婴儿洗礼
for anything other than a wedding or a baptism
我再也没有踏入过教堂了
since the turn of the century.
你家里发生什么事了
And what's going on at home?
你多少得告诉我一点信息
At least give me an idea so I can figure out
这样我才知道你应该和谁谈谈
who you ought to talk to.
这有点私密
It's kind of private.
是关于我女儿的
It's my daughter.
她很坚定的要去做一件事
She is bound and determined to do something.
一件我认为是不正确的事
Something that I know to be wrong.
是世界上最为错误的一件事
It's just the wrongest thing in the world.
但她说她想让我陪她
But she says she wants me with her.
想要我陪在她身边
Says she needs me with her.
但是
And I don't want her
我并不想让她做这件事
to do this thing that she's going to do,
但同时
but I also...
我也不希望让她难过
I don't want to let her down.
事实上 不管有没有我
And the truth is is that she's gonna do it
她都会去做这件事 她现在是个成年人了
with or without me. She's an adult now.
我只是
I just...
不太确定 应该当一个好爸爸
I don't know whether to be a good father
还是做个好人
or a good person.
这个问题颇有上帝的意味
Very God-like problem.
这是什么意思
How do you mean?
父母和子女之间的关系
Relationship between a parent and a child,
与上帝和每个人之间的关系
the relationship between God and every single human being
其实并没有多大区别
is not that different.
无论你做了好事还是坏事
God stays with you
上帝都与你同在
whether you're doing something good or bad.
上帝会以一切可能的方式
Tries to let you know
让你知道
in every way possible that...
你做的事是不正确的
you're not doing the right thing.
但更重要的是
But more important than that,
上帝想让你知道
he wants you to know
不管发生什么
that no matter what,
他都会与你同在
he's still with you.
父母对子女亦是如此 不是吗
Same thing for a parent, don't you think?
是啊
Yeah.
我懂了
I hear you.
那么
So, let's, uh...
我看看把你安排给哪一个人
see who we might set you up with.
其实 我感觉不用了
Actually, I'm good.
你确定吗
You sure?
非常确定
I'm very sure.
谢谢你 牧师
Thank you, Pastor.
孩子
Uh, son?
纳森·亚历山大相关新闻
看来这是真的
So it's true.
玛丽莎发短♥信♥告诉我的那些是真的
What Marissa texted me was true.
我们要出庭了
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表