剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
实验室里 不是花几分钟做了清理
in that lab, not just for a few minutes to clean up,
而是待了几个小时 这样能否给她足够的时间
but for several hours, would that have given her enough time
把炭疽孢子干燥成粉末
to dry the anthrax spores into a powder
然后把它们偷偷带出实验室
and sneak them out of the lab?
反对 法官大人 这是引导证人推测
Objection, Your Honor! Calls for speculation.
法官大人 珀森博士是一位微生物学家
Your Honor, Dr. Poulson is a microbiologist.
我只是在询问他的专业意见
I'm simply asking him for his professional opinion.
反对无效
Objection overruled.
允许证人回答
I'll allow him to answer.
是的 我相信时间足够
I believe it would have, yes.
没有其他问题了
No further questions
法官大人
for now, Your Honor.
珀森博士
Dr. Poulson.
很感激你今天能到庭
Really appreciate you being here today.
我知道我们已经听到了很多猜测
Now, I know we've heard a lot of speculation
可能发生了什么事 能够发生过什么事
about what might have happened, what could have happened,
但是你是位科学家
but you are a scientist.
你和世界上的客观事实打交道
You deal with the physical facts of the world.
那么我们再回顾一下
So let's get back to that.
你有证据证明
Do you have any proof
雷兹尼博士独自留在实验室的时间
that Dr. Reznick stayed in the lab alone
比她告诉你的更长吗
any longer than she told you she would?
根据时间标识...
Well, based on the time stamp...
不不不 那个时间标识只能证明
Oh, no, no. That time stamp only proves
她离开那栋大楼的时间
what time she left the building,
也就是在你离开后的两个半小时
which was two and a half hours after you did.
它本身没有显示
Nowhere does it indicate
她什么时间离开了实验室 有吗
what time she left the lab itself, does it?
不 没有
No, it doesn't.
雷兹尼博士坚称她按照约定
Now, Dr. Reznick maintains she left the lab
离开了实验室 然后在剩下的时间里
as promised and spent the remainder of that time
到她的办公室写了当天的工作报告
in her office typing a report of the day's work.
事实上
In fact...
第二天上午你就审阅了那份报告 是不是
you reviewed that very report the next morning, didn't you?
很可能
It's quite possible.
我经常在第二天上午审阅前一天晚上的
I often review the reports from the previous night
- 报告 - 明白了
- the next morning. - I see.
那么在联调局告知你雷兹尼博士是一名嫌犯之前
And before the FBI informed you that Dr. Reznick was a suspect,
你有过什么理由怀疑她犯下了这桩罪行吗
did you have any reason to suspect her of this crime?
没有
No.
我一直都相信纳塔利是一位值得信任而且
I've always believed Natalie to be trustworthy and...
热情饱满的科学家
a passionate scientist.
且我现在仍然会选择相信她
And I'm still inclined to believe so.
我是说 坦白...
I mean, hon...
坦白说
honestly...
我希望你刚才陈述的版本才是事实
I hope the version of events you just laid out is the truth.
感激不尽 珀森博士
Thank you very much, Dr. Poulson.
没有其他问题了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
再次询问
Redirect?
不管你希望怎样
Regardless of what you might hope,
珀森博士
Dr. Poulson,
一份病原体被人从你的实验室偷走了
doesn't the fact remain that a pathogen was stolen
依然属实吧
from your lab?
是的
Yes.
基于你自己的证词
And based on your own testimony,
你是否认可 雷兹尼博士是唯一可能
wouldn't you agree that Dr. Reznick was the only researcher
有机会这么做的
who could possibly have had an opportunity
- 研究员 - 问题已经回答过 法官大人
- to do it? - Asked and answered, Your Honor.
控方律师在纠缠证人
Counsel is badgering the witness.
我收回这个问题 法官大人
I'll withdraw the question, Your Honor.
你那边的情况怎么样
How's the view from where you're sitting?
唯一的好消息 不会更糟了
The only good news is, it can't get any worse.
我醒着呢 没事
I'm awake. It's okay.
又跟阿思翠开心了一晚上 是吧
Partying all night with Astrid again, huh?
是啊
Yeah.
凌晨三点的时候 我正坐在客厅里
I was sitting in the living room at 3:00 in the morning,
小阿思翠趴在我的肩膀上
little Astrid up on my shoulder.
我试着给她拍个嗝
I was trying to get a burp out of her.
我扫了一眼新闻 到处都是我们的消息
And I flip on the news, and we're everywhere.
所有的频道
Every channel.
如果我们的计划是说服陪审团
And if it is our intention to convince the jury
真正的炭疽杀手依然逍遥法外
that the real anthrax killer is still out there,
那么 官方媒体还没有关注到这一点
well, the national media has not picked up on it.
也就是说
Which means...
我们要败诉了
we're failing.
这可说不准
Well, you don't know that.
我们要搞定的是陪审团 而不是电视台
Our target's the jury, not cable news.
但是他们晚上回家总归是要
But the world of cable news is the world
打开电视的
these jurors go home to every night.
如果CNN 福克斯和CNBC这些电视台
And if the CNNs and the Foxes and the CNBCs aren't buying
都不认同我们的说法
our version of events,
那些陪审员的家人和邻居也更不会相信了
then neither are the jurors' families or neighbors.
虽然我们都知道陪审员是不该谈论案情
And we all know they're not supposed to talk about the case
或是收看相关节目的
or watch the news about it...
但那只是妄想
but they do.
不好意思 布尔 我觉得你的想法有点不成熟
I'm sorry, Bull, but I think you're being a little premature.
现在还只是控方陈述案情的阶段
The prosecution is still presenting their case,
我们的机会还在后头
and we haven't even gotten our turn.
我知道 但是我们不能拖那么久
I know. But we can't wait until then.
现在就得着手反击了
We have to go on the offensive now.
我们要利用好每次反对以及讯问的机会
We got to use every objection, every cross to hammer home
好让陪审团想清楚错判的后果究竟有多严重
how dangerous it will be if the jury gets this one wrong.
尤其是凶手依旧逍遥法外
The killer is still out there.
我的妻子 凯蒂
My wife, my-my wife Katie,
她以前对投身政♥治♥并不感兴趣
she didn't aspire to a political life.
当我们在研究生院相遇的时候
I mean, heck, when I met her in grad school,
她连时事热点也不甚关注
she didn't even read the paper.
但随着我们坠入爱河 紧接着
But then we fell in love, and the next thing you know,
我去参加了选举 她便和我一起参与到
I'm running for office and then we're out there together
竞选活动当中
on the campaign trail.
这一切对她来说仿佛信手拈来
Oh, she was a natural.
她爱着选民们
I mean, she loved people.
人们能感受到 并将其回馈到她身上
And people sensed it and they loved her right back.
尽管国会议员的身份让我感到无比自豪
You see, I take enormous pride in being a congressman.
但每每想到我的工作
But the thought that my job,
我对公众事业的付出
that my commitment to public service
却在某种意义上给她带来厄运...
somehow contributed to her d-death...
节哀顺变 康纳议员
It's all right, Congressman Connors.
我没有要问的了
No further questions.
布尔 情况有点不太妙
Uh, Bull, it's not looking good here.
陪审团都对议员的遭遇抱以同情
This jury really feels for the congressman.
这是人之常情 我也同情他
Of course they do. So do I.
但这并不意味着这一切就是纳塔利的错了
But that doesn't mean his pain is Natalie's fault.
康纳议员
Congressman Connors.
我对您的不幸遭遇表示哀悼
I'd just like to say how profoundly sorry I am for your loss.
谢谢
Thank you.
回到正题 我们有不少的证据显示
Now, much has been made of the fact
雷兹尼博士在她的研究计划被切断资金来源后
that you were a part of a long list of legislators
曾联♥系♥过多名立法委员会成员
Dr. Reznick reached out to in the wake
而您是其中之一
of a funding cut to her research program.
请问 您能回忆起雷兹尼博士是否
Now, do you recall Dr. Reznick's
在她的信中表达出任何威胁的意向吗
message to you to be threatening in any way?
实话实说 没有
Honestly, I don't.
因为我的电子邮件是由我的员工筛选管理的
You see, my staff filters my e-mails, so I only learned about
所以我也是在我妻子过世之后才了解到这件事
that message in the, in the aftermath of my wife's passing.
不过 那封电邮并没有表露出任何恶意
But, no, it did not appear to be threatening.
但我想 您的办公室也会时不时地
But I imagine your office must receive
收到威胁邮件对吗
threatening e-mails from time to time?
是的 令人感到遗憾的是 我这一行
Yes, unfortunately, in my line of work,
在做某些决定的时候的确是左右为难的
you have to make tough choices sometimes,
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表