剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
He was a juror on one of our cases last year.
前陪审员
A former juror.
我觉得我们之前没遇到过这种情况
I don't think we've ever had one of those.
Yelp 类似大众点评
他在Yelp给我们好评了吗
Did he give us a good review on Yelp?
Yelp 类似大众点评
他在Yelp给我们好评了吗
Did he give us a good review on Yelp?
沙迪医生 联邦助理检察官声称
Dr. Shadid, the A.U.S.A. Is alleging
你和你父亲跟一名中介合谋
that you and your father conspired with a middleman.
该中介当时贿赂了
A middleman who then bribed an admissions officer
哈德逊大学的一名招生人员把你弄进大学
at Hudson University to get you into college.
听着 我没和任何人合谋干过任何违法勾当
Look, I never conspired with anyone to do anything.
我第一次听到贿赂是在
The first I heard about a bribe was early this morning
今早我被捕的时候
when I was arrested.
他们一定掌握了一些证据
Well, they must have some proof.
你被联邦大陪审团起诉了
You've been indicted by a federal grand jury.
好吧 回想一下的话
Okay, well, in retrospect,
我猜可能是我父亲给了别人钱
I suppose it's possible my father paid someone off.
你猜
Suppose?
从我记事开始 他就一直说
He talked about me going to Hudson
让我去念哈德逊大学
as long as I can remember.
他念的是州立大学
He went to a-a state school.
我想 他总觉得自己错过了些什么
Always felt he had missed something, I think.
谁是你父亲的辩护律师
Who's representing your father?
我想对接我们的工作
I'd like to coordinate our efforts.
我父亲五年前过世了
My father passed away five years ago.
我很遗憾
Oh. Sorry to hear that.
那么不幸的是 既然你父亲不在世
Well, unfortunately, without your father,
我们需要其他人来证实你无罪
we'll need someone else to corroborate your innocence.
你母亲呢
How about your mother?
我母亲愿意做任何事来提供协助
My mother will do anything she can to help.
是她给我交的保释金
She was the one who put up my bail.
但我要跟你们说
But I'm here to tell you,
她第一次听说这件事
the first she heard about any of this
是在我今早被捕的时候
is when I was arrested this morning.
她和我一样感到措手不及
She was just as surprised as I was.
我不是律师
Look, I'm not a lawyer,
但如果我爸确实干了这事
but if this happened,
也是很久之前的事了
it happened a long time ago.
难道没有一个时效限制什么的吗
Isn't there a... a statute of limitations or something?
我和检控官谈了
Well, I spoke with the prosecutor.
她认为由于这是一起持续性犯罪
She's arguing that the statute of limitations has been extended
所以时效限制被延长了
because this is a continuing crime.
因为你看 你能从医是因为你有医学学位
See, your medical practice is a result of your medical degree,
这又是你接受大学教育的结果
which is a result of your college education,
而大学教育是你非法获得的
which you obtained illegally.
这个说法很常见吗
Is that normal?
我是第一次遇到
Well, it's a new one on me,
但这整个案件对我来说都是头一次遇到
but then this whole case is a new one on me.
法庭将审理美国政♥府♥控诉萨米尔·沙迪医生案件
Court will hear United States v. Dr. Samir Shadid.
请沙迪先生与代表律师
If Mr. Shadid and his counsel
上前
will please step forward.
法官大人
Your Honor,
我们认为该起诉讼
we submit that this prosecution
是对正义的讽刺
is a travesty of justice.
沙迪医生是位受人尊敬的外科医生
Dr. Shadid is an esteemed surgeon
具有完美的业绩
with a spotless record.
他被逮捕时正完成了一场挽救生命的手术
He was arrested as he was leaving the operating room,
刚刚离开手术室
having just performed a life-saving procedure.
另外 这场被指控的所谓诈骗
In addition, this so-called fraud
发生在十年前
is alleged to have happened ten years ago.
十年前
Ten years ago.
而且我们还没看到任何一点证据
And we haven't seen a scintilla of evidence
证明我的委托人与此有关
that connects my client to any of it.
科隆先生 你的提议是什么
What are you asking me to do, Mr. Colón?
法官大人 唯一公平公正的办法就是
Well, Your Honor, there is only one fair and just thing to do.
让我的委托人回到医院照顾病人
Let my client get back to his patients.
因证据不足而驳回指控
Dismiss the charges for lack of evidence.
那么兰博女士 你有支持指控的证据吗
Mm-hmm. And what do you have to support the charges, Ms. Lambert?
我们有一些来自大陪审团陪审员的证词
We have grand jury testimony from a number of people,
包括一位目击者
including an eyewitness
他直接指出
who directly implicates
被告参与了欺诈行为
the defendant for his role in the fraud.
政♥府♥强烈反对撤销控诉
Government vehemently objects to this motion to dismiss.
他们没有理由
They have no grounds.
想简单地掩饰以躲避司法程序
Simply a thinly veiled attempt to skirt the judicial process.
政♥府♥宣称
The government asserts
对于特权阶级不应该有特别待遇
that there should be no special treatment for the privileged.
沙迪医生需要跟其他人一样
Dr. Shadid should be required to go through the process
经历司法过程
just like everyone else.
被告的撤诉提议被否决了
Mm-hmm. The defendant's motion to dismiss is denied,
但被告律师的观点我也会考虑
but the defense counsel's point is well taken.
他是一名医生 人们的生命和健康
This man is a doctor. People's lives
都在他手上 所以我要加快此案审理
and health depend upon him, so I'm gonna fast track this case.
如果沙迪医生无罪释放
If Dr. Shadid is acquitted,
他也可以尽快回到他的病人身边
he can return to his patients that much sooner,
如果他的罪名成立 那么他的病人们
and if he's convicted, well, then his patients can find
也可以尽快做其他安排
other arrangements in a timely fashion.
此案审理将在明早九点开始
This trial will begin tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m.
很好
Nice.
你在说什么呢
What are you talking about?
一点都不好
There's nothing nice about it.
法官没有同意撤诉
The judge didn't dismiss the charges.
但你让我们的案子排在了第一个
Well, you got us to the front of the line.
明天我们就会有陪审团名单
We impanel a jury tomorrow.
百分之九十的概率选择 快速审理对被告有利
Nine times out of ten, a speedy trial benefits the defense.
你是不是忘了点什么
Aren't you forgetting something?
也许 时有发生 你叫什么来着
Could be. Happens. Your name again?
伊兹不是要生了吗
Isn't Izzy about to give birth?
我没有要求快速审理 因为我知道
I didn't press for a speedy trial because I knew,
你可能会随时离开
at any moment, you might be out of commission.
事实是 我们俩都可能随时离开
In fact, we both might be out of commission.
没事 我们没事
Nah. We're okay.
他们说也许还有两个星期
They just told us it could be two weeks.
也可能是今天下午
Or it could be this afternoon.
他们不知道什么时候会生 都是猜测
They don't know when it's gonna happen. It's all a guess.
你说话像你姐姐
You sound like your sister.
庭审专家 第四季第十四集 补偿
瞧瞧这些媒体
Wow. Look at all this press.
我真是很吃惊
I'm actually surprised.
我以为有那么多好莱坞
I thought, with all the big TV stars out in Hollywood
大明星的案子
getting hauled into court,
没人会关心一个纽约医生
no one would care much about a doctor in New York.
遗憾地是 娱乐别人的不幸
Well, unfortunately, delighting in the misfortune of others,
尤其是那些成功人士的不幸
particularly when those others are successful,
已经成为了一种全民消遣
has become a national pastime.
是的 但我们委托人是一位受人尊敬的医师
Yeah, but our client is a respected physician.
我觉得人们应该会尊敬他
You'd think people would admire him.
遗憾的是 在目前的社会环境下 他的成功
Unfortunately, in the current climate, his success
只会是大家厌恶他的另一个原因
is just gonna be another reason to have contempt for him.
你听说过仇富心理吗
You ever heard of tall poppy syndrome?
没有
Hmm. Can't say that I have.
说的是某人因为比常人更成功
It's when people are belittled or criticized
而遭到蔑视或指责
for being more successful than the average guy.
现在我们的挑战是
Now, the challenge for us
找出会因为我们客户的成功
is going to be identifying and dismissing anyone
而惩罚他的人 并把他踢出陪审团
who's inclined to want to punish our client for his success.
那么
All right, so,
现在假设
here's a hypothetical.
你有一个表亲
You've got a cousin.
他花钱一直大手大脚
The guy's always been a big spender,
总是入不敷出
always lived beyond his means.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表