剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
and you trusted his sense of judgement. True?
反对 问题冗杂
Objection. Compound question.
反对有效
Sustained.
重述问题
Rephrase the question.
刚刚你告诉我们的是
Now what you're telling us is,
你把你儿子当成是小大人一样
you treated your son like a young adult.
反对
Objection.
这不是问题
That's not a question.
因为那不是的话 事实上 他是什么
Because isn't that, in fact, what he is?
他不是一个会被
Not a toddler that could be
闪亮的蓝色池水吸引
lured into an uncovered swimming pool
落入无遮挡的游泳池里的孩童
by the shiny blue water,
他是一个...
but a young man...
知道是非的年轻人
who knows right from wrong.
他明白他看到
Who understands when he sees
"禁止入侵"的标志
a sign that says "No Trespassing,"
那意思是 "请远离...
that means "Stay away...
为自己好"
for your own good."
不是吗 董纳番夫人
Isn't that right, Mrs. Donovan?
异议 这是在纠缠证人
Objection! He' bargering the witness.
没关系
Oh, that's all right.
您不必非要作答 董纳番夫人
You don't have to answer that, Mrs. Donovan.
我知道您经历了很多
I know you've been through a lot.
没有别的问题了 阁下
No further questions, Your Honor.
不管如何
For what it's worth,
现在正是让柯蕾斯女士知道
now might be an excellent time
她的钱有所值得的最佳时机
to let Ms. Kress know she's getting her money's worth.
现在形势突然一半一半了
I am suddenly staring at three greens and three reds.
您在开心什么
What are you so happy about?
我只是在看陪审团
Oh, I'm just looking at the jury.
现在您已经赢得了半数
You own half of them now.
这有什么可炫耀的
Well, what are you bragging about?
这意味着您的工作才完成了一半
That just means your work is only half done.
原告希望宣保尔·马丁
The plaintiff would like to call Paul Martin
出庭作证
to the stand.
马丁先生 您是否能
Mr. Martin, could you please
描述一下您与艾梅斯瑞夫妇的关系
describe your relationship to the Elmasrys?
我住在临近社区
Well, I live in the neighborhood.
我吃他们家的披萨 好吃的要死
I eat their pizza. It's damn delicious.
您认识这个人吗
Well, any idea who this is?
因为陪审团突然激动了起来
'Cause the jury is on the edge of their seats.
我们进来的时候他们给了我们一份最新的目击者名单
They handed us an updated witness list when we walked in,
但埃梅说他不认识这人
but Amir said he didn't recognize the name.
您现在认得他了吗
You recognize him now?
能否请您
And would you please
向陪审团说明为什么您给我办公室打电♥话♥呢
tell the jury why you called my office?
为什么您联♥系♥了我们
Why you reached out to us?
我不知道
I don't know.
我读到了那男孩的报道 说他下半生都要在轮椅上度过
I read about the boy, how he ended up in the wheelchair,
我感觉很糟糕
and I felt badly.
为什么您感觉很糟糕
Why did you feel badly?
因为... 差不多一年之前
Well... about a year ago,
我在人行路上走
I'm walking down the sidewalk,
正走到埃梅前面 然后一声巨响
right in front of Amir's place, and bang.
有什么从天而降
Something falls out of the sky.
正中我的脑袋
I get hit on the head.
感觉像是块石头
Felt like a rock.
可能有几磅重
Couple of pounds, maybe.
我血流满面
And I'm bleeding.
感觉头上会肿个大包
And it feels like it's gonna be a hell of a bump.
我去看那是什么
And I look to see what it was.
我从人行道把它捡起来
I pick it up off the sidewalk.
是一块水泥意大利肉肠
And it's a piece of concrete pepperoni.
从艾梅斯瑞先生的招牌上掉下来的
Came off Mr. Elmasry's sign.
您是否
And did you call
联♥系♥过艾梅斯瑞先生 告诉他发生的事情
Mr. Elmasry? Tell him what happened?
不必如此
I didn't have to.
他马上跑出店门
He came running out of the shop.
说承担全部责任
Took complete responsibility for everything.
他说我该去医院
Said I should go to the hospital,
该拍X光片 做一下核磁共振
get some X-rays, MRI.
不管我需要什么 他都会付款
Whatever I needed, he'd pay for everything.
而且确实也这样做了
And he did.
他只是... 不太希望我叫警♥察♥
He just... didn't want me to call the cops.
也非常不情愿我打给保险公♥司♥
And he really didn't want me to call my insurance company.
所以您作证称
So, it's your testimony
艾梅斯瑞一家完全清楚他们的招牌...
that the Elmasrys were fully aware that their sign...
结构... 并不稳固
the structure... was unsound.
会造成危害
That it was a hazard.
异议 此为推测
Objection. Calls for speculation.
反对有效
Sustained.
我撤回这个问题
I'll withdraw the question.
那么 您按他说的去做了
So, you did what you were told.
您并没有通知当局
You didn't notify the authorities.
也没有致电保险公♥司♥
You didn't call your insurance company.
没有
I did not.
而且我忍♥不住想 如果我通知了
And I can't help but wonder if I had
如果市里没有就忽略这个问题
if the city might not have gone over
而是仔细检查
and inspected,
让他们把标志加固
made them reinforce that sign,
也许那男孩今天可能还走在街上
then maybe that boy might be walking today.
谢谢您 马丁先生
Thank you, Mr. Martin.
对这位证人我没有别的问题了
I have no further questions for this witness.
损失如何
What's the damage?
恐怕我们只有两位绿色了
I am afraid we are hanging on by a single green thread.
您... 您在做什么
What are you... what are you doing?
我看起来像在做什么 我要走
What does it look like I'm doing? I'm leaving.
去哪
Where you going?
不能至少等到休息时间吗
Can it at least wait until we break for the day?
很高兴认识您 马丁先生
Nice to meet you, Mr. Martin.
谢谢您今天来
Thank you for coming in today.
我还是不敢相信她就这样做了
I still can't believe she did it.
她没跟你说什么吗
And she didn't say anything to you?
她没跟你解释吗 就站起来然后走掉了
Didn't explain herself to you? Just got up and left?
不利的结果一来
The minute a bad fact came out,
她就抓起自己的包径直朝门去
she grabbed her bag and headed for the door.
你想给她打电♥话♥吗 还是我来
Well, do you want to call her, or should I?
每隔十分钟我就给她打电♥话♥
I've been calling every ten minutes.
是因为我们说了什么吗
Something we said?
在这种情况下 免疫公♥司♥不再是你们的伙伴
Immunity Insurance is no longer your partner in this case.
不好意思 您说什么
Excuse me?
是您把案子带给我们的
You brought this case to us.
我们被误导了
We were misled.
得到的信息并不准确
We were given inaccurate information.
什么信息不准确
What kind of inaccurate information?
艾梅斯瑞夫妇
Mr. And Mrs. Elmasry
在八个月前重新申请了保险
reapplied for their insurance eight months ago.
那个时候他们有被特别问到
And at that time, they were specifically asked
在此前提下是否有过任何意外
if there had been any accidents on the premises,
他们的回答是没有
and they said no.
您在开玩笑
You can't be serious.
即 据我们所知
As far as we're concerned,
艾梅斯瑞夫妇涉嫌欺诈
the Elmasrys committed fraud.
他们很幸运 我们不会提出刑事指控
They're lucky we don't press criminal charges.
刑事指控
Criminal charges?
他们缺乏诚信
Their lack of honesty
无视法律法规
voids the policy,
这意味着承保人不再有义务支付哪怕一分钱
which means the insurer has no obligation to pay a dime,
意味着我们会退出诉讼
which means that we are withdrawing from the lawsuit.
就这样 你们找到了空子
And that's it? You find a loophole,
找到了避免支付保单费用的办法
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表