剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
我得说 很难分辨他们的愤慨
And I got to say, it's hard to know if their indignation
是否合理 或说他们是不是
was righteous, or if they were people
并不想回忆过去
who just didn't want to remember,
并不想被人提起过往
didn't want to be reminded.
- 我猜两边都有点 - 很好
- My guess would be a little bit of both. - That's great.
那么人们的反应证明 至少暗示
So the response prove, or at least suggest,
这家伙是有罪的
this guy is guilty,
只是除了我们这位客户以外
but we have no one besides our client
没人挺身而出 向陪审团说出这点
that will get up there and say that to the jury.
我不认为没有人哦
Well, I didn't say no one.
阿伦·科尔曼
Alan Coleman
在莱恩和斯蒂芬几年后也参加了训练营
went to the camp a few years after Ryan and Stephen.
他现在在新泽西做建筑师
He's, uh, an architect in New Jersey.
他不愿在电♥话♥里详谈
Didn't want to talk on the phone,
但暗示自己有料可爆
but he implied he had a story to tell.
这是个起点
Well, that's a beginning.
我记得当晚早些时候
Uh, I remember we watched
我们一起看了九六年夏季奥♥运♥会
the 1996 Summer Olympics earlier that night.
迈克尔·约翰逊赢得了
Michael Johnson won both the
两百米和四百米短跑金牌 我们都认为
200 meter and the 400 meter sprint, and we both thought
这很棒 也很有趣
it was great and kind of funny
因为他穿了一双金色的鞋
because he was wearing these golden shoes.
金牌 金鞋
Gold medal. Gold shoes.
我们笑了很久
We laughed about it a lot.
一个小时以后
And then, uh, an hour later,
我站在洗澡间
I was standing in the shower,
面朝墙壁
my face to the wall,
希望我穿着那双金鞋
wishing that I had these golden shoes,
这样就可以逃走
wishing that I had these shoes so that I could run away.
另外 我听说
Plus, I heard that
他又在做儿童方面的工作了
he was working with kids again.
瑞波萨先生
Mr. Raposa,
鉴于您所描述
given everything you've described,
您所作证的一切
everything you testified to,
这么多年您为什么一直保守这件事呢
why'd you keep it all to yourself all these years?
如果那人
If that man
对您做了您证词所述的那些可怕事情
did all the terrible things you just testified to,
为什么不曝光他
why not expose him?
我弟弟瑞安试过了
My brother Ryan tried.
他去当局说了一遍又一遍
He told the truth over and over. He went to the authorities.
无论人家愿不愿意听 他都会讲
He went to anybody who would listen,
但什么都没有改变
and a lot of people who wouldn't,
这件事毁了他的人生
but nothing changed, and it ruined his life.
如果你不跟任何人倾诉
So if you didn't talk to anybody,
不去当权部门 也不寻求治疗
didn't go the authorities, didn't seek out therapy,
你会做什么
what did you do?
我想 我会用自己的方式处理
I handled it in my own way, I guess.
我长大后 高中一毕业就参军了
I bulked up, I joined the army right out of high school.
我想如果我能成为一个硬汉
I-I figured if I could make myself a-a tough guy,
就再也不会受人欺负了
nobody would ever take advantage of me again.
退役后 我...
I got out of the service, I...
娶了个好姑娘 买♥♥了幢小房♥子
married a wonderful woman, bought a little house.
我决心过正常的生活
I was determined to live a normal life,
不管梅布鲁克对我做过什么
despite what Maybrook did to me.
这有用吗
And did that work?
起初一切安好
Well, I thought pretty well at first.
后来我妻子想要孩子
And then my wife wanted kids,
我无法告诉她 为什么我不想要
and I couldn't tell her why I didn't.
我害怕
I couldn't tell her that I was afraid
没办法保护好他们
that I wouldn't be able to protect them,
正如我没能保护好我弟弟一样
the way that I couldn't protect my brother.
反对 与本案无关
Objection. Relevance?
反对无效
Overruled.
你可以继续了
You may continue.
我不知道还有什么能说了
I don't know what else to say.
我以为我很好 直到有一天
I thought I was fine, and then one day,
我意识到我完全是孑然一身
I realized that I was totally alone.
我失去了一切 我的妻子
I'd lost everything. I lost my-my wife,
我的弟弟
my brother.
谢谢
Thank you.
没有其他问题了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
瑞波萨先生
Mr. Raposa,
你认识一个叫莫顿·克莱蒙斯的人吗
do you know a man by the name of Morton Clemmons?
莫顿·克莱蒙斯吗 认识
Mo Clemmons? Yeah.
是的 我认识他
Yeah, sure. I know him.
他是个信贷员 对吗
He is a loan officer, isn't he?
你和他谈过贷款的事吗
Have you ever approached him about a loan?
反对 与本案无关
Objection. Relevance?
法官大人
Uh, Your Honor,
证人作证说 由于法条的变化
the witness testified that he suddenly decided
他突然决定讲
to tell this story about my client
这个关于我当事人的故事
because of a change in the law.
我打算证明他提出这个要求
I intend to prove that there is, in fact,
实际上还有另一个原因
another reason for his suit.
批准提问 证人请回答
I'll allow. The witness will answer the question.
是的 我向银行申请了一笔贷款
Yes, I applied for a loan at the bank,
他是个信贷员 没错
and he was the loan officer, yes.
事实上 你借了一万五千美元 对吗
In fact, you borrowed $15,000, didn't you?
是的 我一年前退役了
Yes. I retired from the service a year ago.
我想改变一下生活节奏
I wanted a change of pace.
我想多看看我弟弟
I wanted to see my brother more often,
所以我用积蓄买♥♥了一家汽车修理厂
so I bought a body shop with my savings,
但那些器材设备
but the equipment,
需要升级 所以...
it needed some upgrades, so...
所以你借了一万五千美元
So you borrowed $15,000
而你却无法
and you have not been able to make those payments
及时还清这些款项 对吗
in a timely fashion, have you?
本来是可以还清的
Well, I think I have, mostly.
但过去的九十天里 有些棘手
The last 90 days, it's been tricky.
我弟弟没有保险
My-my brother didn't have insurance, so I had to pay
所以我得支付他最后一轮康复治疗 还有葬礼
for his last round of rehab, plus the funeral.
我得付赡养支出
I have alimony payments.
银行威胁要抵押你的店 是吗
The bank threatened to repossess your shop, didn't they?
你还记得这些邮件吗
Do you recognize these e-mails
是你与克莱蒙斯先生的
between you and Mr. Clemmons?
当然 我记得
Sure. Yeah.
你能帮我读一下最后一段吗
And would you read the last one for me,
就是你提起诉讼的当天早上写的那封
the one sent on the very morning you filed this lawsuit?
"说真的 没必要再提抵押的事了
"Seriously, no need for the repo talk.
我有个计划 月底就能拿到钱
"I have a plan. I'll have the funds by the end of the month,
我保证"
guaranteed."
在月底之前 保证
"By the end of the month, guaranteed."
这些钱从何而来呢 瑞波萨先生
Where was this cash going to come from, Mr. Raposa?
从我客户这里吗
My client?
你打算诽谤梅布鲁克先生吗
Was your plan to slander Mr. Maybrook
这样就能拿到
so that you could get your hands
你需要的钱了
on the money you needed?
当然不是
No, of course not.
我想也许可以卖♥♥一些机械
I was going to sell some machinery, maybe,
或者尝试用我的军队退休金
or maybe try to borrow
去借一笔贷款
a loan against my army pension.
尝试 也许
Try? Maybe?
这俩词听起来可跟
Sounds very different from the "Guarantee"
你在邮件里所说的保证大相径庭
you promise in that e-mail.
我在争取时间 所以略微夸张了一点
I was buying time, so I exaggerated a little.
你夸张了一点
Oh, you exaggerated a little?
你夸张了
You exaggerated.
女士们先生们 事实证明他言过其实了
Turns out he exaggerated, ladies and gentlemen,
为了得到他想要的东西 而歪曲事实
misrepresented the truth so that he could get what he wanted.
我想知道 今天他还歪曲了什么
I wonder what else he has misrepresented here today.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表