剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
This is a trial science company.
我以为你们都准备好应付庭审了呢
I thought you were all about going to trial.
我有点迷糊了
I don't understand.
柯蕾斯女士 你可以假设一下法官是怎么想的
Well, Ms. Kress, put yourself in the jury's shoes.
每个早晨当他们走进法庭
Every morning they walk into that court,
都看到一个男孩躺在轮椅上
and they see a boy in a wheelchair.
然后他们看向法庭的另一边
Then they look to the other side of the courtroom,
都会发现你 我以及布尔先生在竭尽全力
and they see you, me and Dr. Bull doing everything we can
守住那笔贵司轻而易举可以掏出来的赔款
to avoid giving that boy money your company can easily afford.
你的客户 也就是这个开着一家披萨店的
Money your customers, the very nice family
善良家庭
who own the pizza parlor,
也是十分希望你能代他们赔偿的
have every right to expect you to pay on their behalf.
这只是一次公共场所管理人责任纠纷
This is a premises liability suit.
你一周要处理多少类似的案件呢
How many hundreds of these do you deal with a week?
数以百计
Many hundreds.
那给我解释一下你们是怎么算这笔帐的吧
Then explain the math to me,
因为我实在是有点搞不懂
'cause I can't quite figure it out.
你宁愿給我的公♥司♥一百万美金
You'd rather give my company a million dollars
以及花大笔钱
and spend all the other costs
只为把这事弄到法庭上
associated with taking this thing to court...
也不愿給一个残疾儿童两百万吗
than give a crippled child $2 million?
那不是我们的问题所在
Oh, it isn't that that we take issue with.
自♥拍♥才是问题的根源
It's the selfie of it all.
你会惊讶于有多少人是因为
You would be shocked how many people are injured or killed
拿着手♥机♥对着自己 过于专注
doing something that requires all of their attention
以至受伤甚至身亡的
while pointing a phone at themselves.
这我是知道的
Oh, I know.
有人为此掉进了大峡谷
People fall into the Grand Canyon.
也有人为此被动物园的动物袭击
They get mauled by zoo animals.
自♥拍♥文化是一种由
Selfie culture is a complex mixture
身份认同 表达需求 自尊需要混杂而成的东西
of identity, expression, self-esteem.
但是... 我有理由充分相信
But... I am reasonably certain
这种现象是不会因为你的诉讼而消失的
you can't litigate it out of existence.
我的公♥司♥是不害怕尝试的
Well, my company is determined to try.
问题就是 到时候你们还会不会在我们这一边呢
The question is, will we do it with the two of you at our side?
毕竟庭审还没开始
The trial hasn't started yet.
你们仍可以选择退出
You can still bow out.
我也乐意将这一百万扔给其他公♥司♥
Happy to give some other firm that million.
当然了...
And yes...
我知道你们该是最出色的两位了...
I know you two boys are supposed to be the best...
但如果退而求其次是唯一的选择
but if second best is all that's available to us...
我们也认了
I promise you we'll make do.
我说过
Like I said before...
我们很乐意收下您的钱 柯蕾斯女士
we're happy to take your money, Ms. Kress.
好吧...
Yes. Well...
谁不这么想呢
it turns out almost everyone is.
审讯时见 先生们
See you at trial, gentlemen.
我们只需要为他们辩护 并不需要喜欢他们
We just have to defend them. We don't have to like them.
庭审专家 第四季第九集 飞毯
分♥析♥
这位是原告 詹姆斯·董纳番
Meet the plaintiff... James Donovan.
哇 真是个可爱的孩子
Wow. What a sweet-looking kid.
我们在这次审判上为哪一方效劳呢
And we're on which side of this particular dispute?
别自作聪明
Don't be a wise guy.
这是詹姆斯从
And this is the last photo
二层楼上摔到人行道前拍的最后一张照片
James took before he fell two stories to the sidewalk.
真吓人
Scary.
这是詹姆斯的现状
And this is James today.
真是一场噩梦
What a nightmare.
这孩子能再次行走吗
Will this kid ever walk again?
考虑到伤情严重
Based on the severity
以及医疗技术的现状
of his injuries and the current state of medical technology,
估计十分困难
I'd say that's highly unlikely.
但老实说 这问题
But frankly, that's really a question
留给他家庭的保险公♥司♥就行了
for his family's health insurance provider.
我们的当务之急是要做一个案例
Our focus needs to be on making a case
证明这里发生的非法入侵
that the willful trespassing that went on here
豁免了
exempts this as a claim
房♥产业主们商业性责任险的索赔义务
against the property owner's commercial liability insurance.
这位是爱芙利·柯蕾斯
This is Avery Kress.
免疫保险公♥司♥的
Senior vice president
高级副总裁
of claims at Immunity Insurance.
我们的客户
Our client.
很高兴见到你们
Nice to meet you all.
我刚和布尔博士共进了早餐
I just had breakfast with Dr. Bull,
然后他建议我过来参加一下你们的...
and he suggested that I stop by and sit in on your...
战略会议
strategy session.
听着 举证的压力
Look, the burden of proof
在于原告方要证明我们的疏忽
is on the plaintiffs to prove negligence.
我们要做的是证明业主们已经尽力了
Our job is to demonstrate that the owners did everything right.
栅栏 门锁
Fences. Locks.
我们需要证明他们竭尽所能地阻止了
We have to prove they made it as hard as they could
任何人爬上屋顶
for anyone to get up on that roof.
怎么说呢 我不想轻易认同
I don't know. I don't want to just roll over
原告方的说法
and buy into the plaintiff's theory
仅仅因为原告是个未成年人
that just because the victim is a minor,
土地所有人应承担合理的谨慎义务
他就适用于"引诱性公害原则"
that he's covered by the attractive nuisance doctrine.
这男孩已经十四岁了
The boy is 14.
又不是个婴儿
He is not an infant.
他应该懂点道理
He should have known better.
责怪受害人从来不是明智之举
Eh. It's never a great thing to blame the victim,
尤其一个坐在轮椅上的受害人
especially if the victim's in a wheelchair.
恕我直言
Forgive me for being blunt,
但我认为这个案子的代表
but I don't think the face of this case
不该是丑恶的大型保险公♥司♥
should be the big bad insurance company.
披萨店的业主才是更好的选择
I think it should be the owner of the pizza restaurant.
他们明明没有做错任何事
The people who stand to lose everything
却要失去一切
when they've done nothing wrong.
这是一个陪审团会关注的点
Now that's something the jury could hang their hat on,
也是一个他们可以有所共鸣的地方
and that's something the jury could relate to.
我不认同
I don't agree.
我警告你 这会给人留下冷酷无情的印象
I'm telling you, it'll come across as callous.
处理得当就不会
Not if you finesse it.
好吧 布尔博士怎么看呢
Well, uh, what does Dr. Bull think?
我们拭目以待吧
Well, I guess we'll see.
三小时后我们就要进行预备讯问
We have voir dire in three hours.
也许秘诀处于两者中间
Maybe the secret lies somewhere in the middle.
此话怎讲
How do you mean?
是啊 此话怎讲
Yeah, how do you mean?
或许我们可以让我们的叙述囊括两种想法
Well, maybe we let our narrative embrace... both ideas.
就像它们天生互补般呈现出来
Present them as if they complement each other,
事实也的确如此
which they do.
我没听明白
I don't follow.
我们先确保陪审团把你的客户视为
We make sure the jury sees your clients
采取了所有可能预防措施的
as responsible business owners
负责任的业主
who took every possible precaution.
再确保陪审团把詹姆斯看成
Then we make sure they see James
一名应该为自己鲁莽行为负责的
as a mature young man who has to be held responsible
成熟年轻人
for his reckless choices.
他不能因为受伤严重
He doesn't get a free pass
就不受责罚
just because he got badly hurt.
艾梅斯瑞先生 艾梅斯瑞夫人
Mr. Elmasry, Mrs. Elmasry.
我的名字是杰森·布尔博士 我会带领
My name's Dr. Jason Bull. I'll be spearheading
二位的当庭辩护
your defense here in court.
请容许我介绍二位的正式出庭律师
Allow me to introduce your attorney of record,
本杰明·科隆先生
Mr. Benjamin Collin.
很高兴见到二位
Pleasure to meet you both.
我打算让艾梅斯瑞先生
So I'm guessing Mr. Elmasry
和我俩坐在这里
will sit up here with you and me,
本杰明·科隆先生和
and Mr. Collin and, uh,
艾梅斯瑞夫人 你们可以坐我们正后方的
Mrs. Elmasry, you'll sit in the gallery
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表