剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
所以再问一遍 我错过了什么
So again, what did I miss?
要说的话 我们应该谈谈八号♥陪审员
Uh, in that case, um, we should talk about juror number eight.
她怎么了
What about her?
她的表现像是她在等公交
Well, she's acting like she's waiting for the bus.
像是她对这场审判不感兴趣
Like she couldn't be less interested in this trial.
真有趣 我走的时候她像是
Well, that's funny. When I left, she looked
迫不及待要给我们的委托人定罪
like she couldn't wait to convict our client.
不 不 不 坐下
No, no, no. Sit, sit.
首先 我为我的离开说声抱歉
First of all, sorry I was missing in action.
没必要道歉 我理解医疗紧急事件
No need to apologize. I understand medical emergencies.
所以 现在怎么样了
So, what happens now?
一旦休庭结束
Well, as soon as this recess is over,
我们就要开始我们的辩护了
we'll begin to present our defense.
而我们想要传唤的第一位证人
And the first person we'd like to call
就是你的母亲
as our witness is your mother.
现在 我知道我们已经没机会让她做准备...
Now, I know we haven't had a chance to bring her into prep...
那就不要做
Then don't do it.
这已经影响到她了
This has really taken a toll on her.
我觉得她比我还难受
I think she's taking it harder than I have.
她也...
She's also...
对我父亲的所作所为
Anything having to do with my father,
很难预测她会说什么
it's hard to anticipate what she might say.
不 我们都知道
No, we hear all that.
但事实仍然是 她是你的妈妈
The fact remains, she's your mother.
而且除了你的父亲 她是站出来
And short of your father, she is the best person
作证你对此事一无所知的
to take the stand and testify to the fact
最好人选
that you knew nothing about this.
说实话 我们并没有太多的选择
Honestly, uh, I don't think we have much choice.
沙迪夫人
Mrs. Shadid,
你和沙迪医生的父亲是在什么时候离婚的呢
when exactly did you and Dr. Shadid's father divorce?
法律上 是在萨米尔十六岁的时候
Legally, when Samir was 16.
但我们一年之前就分开了
But we had separated the year before.
那沙迪医生的父亲是何时去世的
And how long has it been since Dr. Shadid's father passed?
我想离现在有五年了
I believe it's been just about five years now.
那让我直接问你
So let me ask you directly:
你有发现你的前夫出钱...
Were you aware that your ex-husband paid people...
贿赂别人... 来让萨米尔被哈德森录取吗
Bribed people... To get Samir into Hudson?
没有 当然没有
No. Of course not.
我不知情
I had no idea.
虽然 我并不惊讶
Although, I can't say I'm surprised.
为什么这么说
And why is that?
在萨米尔的事上
He just always had to have the biggest and the best
他总是想给他最好的
when it came to Samir.
而哈德森大学就是其中之一
And Hudson University was part of that.
那你是什么时候发现这个交易的呢
And when did you first become aware of these payoffs?
到萨米尔被逮捕我才知道
Not until after Samir was arrested.
你的儿子也没跟你说过吗
And your son never mentioned it?
他怎么会说 他也对此不知情
How could he? He didn't know about them, either.
反对 证人无法
Objection. Witness can't testify
证明某人知道或不知道什么
to what someone else did or did not know.
- 反对有效 - 不 不 你不懂
- Sustained. - No, no. You don't understand.
我们关系很好
We're very close.
- 如果他知道 他一定会告诉我的 - 沙迪夫人
- If he had known, he would have told me. - Mrs. Shadid,
你在回答一个没问的问题
y-you're answering a question that hasn't been asked.
你无权这么做
You're not allowed to do that.
陪审团将无视证人最后的陈述
The jury will disregard the witness's last statement.
- 希望不会这样 - 科隆先生
- Let's hope not. - Mr. Colon, ask
- 请问另一个问题 - 谢谢
- another question, please. - Thank you,
法官大人 我没有其它问题了
Your Honor, but I have no more questions at this time.
玛丽莎 帮我弄清楚
Marissa, help me understand this.
八号♥陪审团似乎完全改变了看法
Juror number eight seems to have done a total about-face.
我离开时 她反对我们
When I left, she was against us.
特朗科说她在这儿时 她也是漠不关心
Chunk said when he was here, she was indifferent.
但现在
And now?
现在她很明显在点头
Well, now she's visibly leaning in
并且倾向于同意沙迪夫人所说的一切
and nodding in agreement with everything Mrs. Shadid says.
不只是这样 她似乎还想
Not only that, she seems to be trying to catch
和其他陪审员对视
the other jurors' eyes.
就像她在试图告诉他们
It's like she's trying to send a message that she believes
她相信证人而且想让其他人也相信她
the witness and she wants the others to believe her, too.
好吧 我无法解释
Okay. I can't explain it. You'd certainly
你肯定无法在我这知道
never know it from where I'm standing.
但是在我们的镜像八号♥陪审员红得像番茄一样
But our mirror juror number eight is as red as a tomato.
沙迪夫人 我们听了关于你前夫的事
Mrs. Shadid, we've heard about your ex-husband.
那你呢
But what about you?
你自己有没有替你儿子付过钱呢
Have you ever paid off anyone on your son's behalf?
反对 法官大人 与本案无关
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance.
反对无效 请回答
Overruled. Please answer.
你能问的具体一点吗
Can you be more specific?
当然 让我来帮你回想一下
Absolutely. Let me refresh your memory.
你还记得有一次 当被告 你的儿子
Do you remember a time when the defendant, your son,
读高中的时候 他和他的朋友
was in high school, and he and his friends
从你的乡村俱乐部偷了一辆高尔夫球车吗
stole a golf cart at your country club?
是 我记得
I remember. Yes.
他们弄坏了草坪 不是吗
They tore up the green, didn't they?
是的
Yes, they did.
而你付钱给俱乐部的经理
And you paid the club manager
让他不要对你儿子提出
so he wouldn't press criminal charges
刑事指控 不是吗
against your son, didn't you?
沙迪夫人
Mrs. Shadid?
那并不是贿赂
That wasn't a bribe.
好吧 你把那称作什么呢
Well, what would you call it?
它该叫什么就叫什么 归还
I would call it what it was. Restitution.
我的儿子损坏了一些财产
My son damaged some property,
然后我来赔财产的修理费
and I paid to have that property repaired.
而且我让我的儿子修剪了一整个夏天的草坪
And I made my son work all summer mowing lawns
直到他还钱给我
until he paid me back.
那你的儿子知道你让他免除了
And was your son aware that you made this act of theft
偷窃和破坏公物的罪名吗
and vandalism just go away?
你觉得你很聪明 但你并不聪明
You think you are being clever. You're not being clever.
这就是沙迪的家庭传统吗
Is this a Shadid family tradition?
给人们钱来
Paying people off to get
得到想要的东西并让问题消失
what you want and make your problems go away?
反对
Objection,
法官大人
Your Honor.
控方在扭曲证人的言辞
The prosecutor is twisting the witness's words to create
来建立一个虚假的且有误导性的
a false and misleading characterization
证词描述
of her testimony.
反对有效
Sustained.
我对证人的询问结束了 法官大人 谢谢
That's all I have for this witness, Your Honor. Thank you.
值得一提的是 我们还有一个支持者
For what it's worth, we're on life support here.
我只能想到一个原因来解释
I can only think of one explanation
八号♥陪审员为什么改变了想法
for juror eight's change of heart.
我认为可能是我的说服力
I'd like to think it was my powers of persuasion.
有人找过她了
Someone got to her.
你什么意思 贿赂吗
What do you mean? A bribe?
什么 就因为镜像陪审员
What, just 'cause the mirror juror
和坐在那儿的陪审员表现不符
wasn't perfectly aligned with our sitting one?
系统并不是百分之百完美的 布尔
The system isn't 100% perfect, Bull.
我觉得你想多了
I think you're overreacting.
我不觉得
I don't think so.
听着 布尔 我知道这几天很艰难
Listen, Bull, I know it's been a rough couple of days.
为什么你不回家 休息一下呢
Why don't you go home, get some rest?
我觉得我是对的 本尼
I think I'm right about this, Benny.
那你觉得谁行贿了
And who are you suggesting proffered this bribe?
我们的委托人吗 我们的委托人贿赂了陪审员
Our client? Our client bribed a juror?
我们的委托人 或是他的妈妈
Our client, or his mother.
这些人被指控行贿
These people are being accused of bribery.
为了避免面对这样的后果
What better way to avoid facing the consequences of that
还有什么比贿赂别人更好的办法呢
than by bribing someone else?
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表