剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
I'm confused.
我们到底是要证明她有罪还是无罪
Are we trying to prove her guilt or prove her innocence?
哪个才是问题所在
Hit me with a real problem.
看来该我了 今天我去了个北边
Guess that's my cue. Uh, so I went upstate
去看她的母亲 在惠特尼不知情的情况下
to see her mother today, with no help from Whitney, I might add.
你什么意思
What does that mean?
惠特尼来的那天
Well, I asked her for her mother's info
我问了她母亲的情况 但是她没说
the day she came in here, and she never sent it.
我想看来我得自己去弄清楚了
Finally had to figure it out on my own.
然后呢
And?
但她母亲不愿意搭理我
And she wouldn't talk to me.
邻居们似乎认为惠特尼正在还款
The neighbors seem to think Whitney might be paying the bills.
她买♥♥了辆新车 去年春天油漆了房♥子
She got a new car, had the house painted last spring.
你想说什么
Where are you going with this?
于是我又去和邻居们聊天
Again, I'm talking to the neighbors,
据他们说
and according to them,
惠特尼家从来没有过农场
Whitney's family never owned a farm.
而且她父亲
And her father
曾在一家农场工作 但他不是死于脱水
worked on a farm, but he didn't die of dehydration.
他的牛仔服缠进了收割机
His blue jeans got caught in a combine machine.
没来得及等人关掉机器
It pulled him in and chewed him up
他就被拽进去搅碎了
before anyone could, uh, shut it off.
我们明天几点出庭
What time are we due in court tomorrow?
我们午后一点重新开庭
We reconvene after lunch. 1:00.
好 去联♥系♥惠特尼
Okay. Reach out to Whitney.
告诉她我明早十点要在这见她
Tell her I want to meet her here tomorrow morning, 10:00 a.m.
好的
Okay.
谁去找台测谎仪
And somebody find a polygraph examiner.
我想和她好好玩玩
I want to do a little work with Whitney.
你想用测谎仪测她吗
You want to examine her with a lie detector?
你知道法庭不会采信那些测试结果吧
You do know that those tests are not admissible in court.
不是给法庭用 是我自己要用
It's not for court. It's for me.
是我说错什么了吗
Was it something I said?
这只是我们帮客户准备出庭的一种技术
It's just a technique we use to prepare clients to testify.
看看哪些问题会让你紧张
See which questions make you anxious.
识别任何可能的刺♥激♥
Identify any possible triggers.
好吧 有点奇怪布尔博士不在这
Okay. Sort of surprised Dr. Bull isn't here.
他会在今天下午出庭之前
Well, he will be reviewing the results
回顾这些结果
before we go into court this afternoon.
我肯定他会在你出庭作证之前
I'm sure he'll have a conversation with you
找你谈谈这事的
about it before you testify.
我很惊讶她竟然同意这样做
I'm amazed she agreed to do this.
她肯定知道我们怀疑她了
She's got to know we're onto her.
这是个好苗头
Well, it's a good sign.
这意味着她认为她没什么好隐瞒的
It means she thinks she has nothing to hide.
好吧 让我们开始吧
All right, let's get this show on the road.
早上好
Good morning.
你是惠特尼·霍兰德吗
Is your name Whitney Holland?
是的
Yes.
你今年二十六岁吗
Are you 26 years old?
是的
Yes.
问她是否在一家农场长大
Ask her if she grew up on a farm.
你是在一家农场长大的吗
Did you grow up on a farm?
我在农场附近长大
I grew up near a farm.
我需要你回答是或不是
I need you to answer yes or no.
不是
No.
我不是在一家农场长大的
I did not grow up on a farm.
问她父亲是否死于心脏病
Ask her if her father died of a heart attack.
你父亲是死于心脏病吗
Did your father die of a heart attack?
不是
No.
- 是在野外吗 - 是在野外吗
- In a field? - In a field?
是在暑热的时候吗
During a heat wave?
- 是在暑热的时候吗 - 是死于脱水和中暑吗
- During a heat wave? - Of dehydration and sunstroke?
是死于脱水和中暑吗
Of dehydration and sunstroke?
问是因为努力抢救他的庄稼和牲畜吗
Trying to save his crops and animals?
是因为努力抢救他的庄稼和牲畜吗
Trying to save his crops and animals?
不是 他没有
No, he did not.
他死于一场与农场机器
He died in an accident involving
有关的事故
some farm machinery.
好了 正如你说的
Well, there goes your defense.
如果她说这些事时知道自己在撒谎
If she knew she was lying when she told people those things,
那她就有犯罪意图
then there's criminal intent.
游戏结束
Game over.
问她淡水蜂窝
Ask her if the Freshwater Honeycomb
是否真的能
will ever actually be able to...
净化一个小城市的用水量
...purify enough water for a small municipality.
完全可以
Absolutely.
- 问大城市呢 - 大城市呢
- A large city? - A large city?
也没问题
Without a doubt.
问她是否还需要九十天就能证明这件事了
Are you 90 days away from being able to prove that?
还需要九十天就能证明这件事了吗
And are you 90 days away from being able to prove that?
我不知道
I don't know.
很可能
Possibly.
如果政♥府♥让我继续工作的话
If the government will let me continue my work.
你在笑什么
What are you smiling about?
这是安娜的电♥话♥
Hi, this is Anna.
请给我留言 我会回电
Leave me a message and I'll call you right back.
安娜 还是我 你♥爸♥爸
Hi, Anna. It's Dad again.
听着 我知道你说过你需要几天时间
Listen, I... I know you said that you needed a couple of days,
但是我想帮忙安排好
but, um, well, see, I'm trying to help out with
旅行的事 比如护照 医生复诊之类的
this travel stuff. You know, passports, doctor visits,
但我忙活着忙活着 发现了点有意思的东西
but I feel a little funny setting them up
我还没跟你谈过
and I haven't talked to you.
能给我回电吗
Call me back, please?
谢谢 爱你哟
Thanks. Love you.
小孩子啊
Kids.
父母的孽缘
Where do they come from?
可不是吗
Tell me about it.
你有过十九岁的时候吗
Were you ever 19?
没有 当年直接从刚刚可以投票的年纪
Nope. Went straight from old enough to vote
变成了苦兮兮的离异女性
to bitter divorcée.
无论怎样 事情总会变好的
Whatever it is, it's gonna be fine.
我知道 我理智上知道
I know. Intellectually, I know that,
但我只是很久没好好履行家长的义务
but it's just that I... I wasn't there to be her parent
而现在我到位了 准备好了也很自豪
for so long, and now I'm here and I'm ready and I'm proud,
但她却长大了 所以不管出于什么原因
but she's getting older, and so, for whatever reason,
她现在不想要什么家长了
she's not wanting a parent right now,
这太令人抓狂了
and it makes me crazy.
这个也会过去的
This, too, will pass.
你就像一只吃了金丝雀的猫
You look like the cat who ate the canary
结果觉得自己真正想要的是鱼
and then decided what he really wanted was fish.
我对你拿不定主意
I can't make up my mind about you.
你是为了隐瞒真♥相♥而说谎呢
Do you lie to hide the truth,
还是为了隐瞒谎言而说实话的呢
or tell the truth to hide your lies?
我一直在说实话 除了我推销自己的时候
I always tell the truth, except when I'm selling myself.
那我要竭尽全力把故事讲好
Then I do my best to tell a good story.
当被推销什么时
People appreciate a good story
人们喜欢听到精彩的故事
when they're being sold something.
一个产品 一个人 一个概念
A product, a person, an idea.
特别是一个尚未存在的概念
Especially an idea that doesn't exist yet.
像如一个海水淡化过滤器
Like a desalination filter?
像如许多事 像如重力
Like many things, like gravity.
故事里说有个苹果掉到了艾萨克牛顿的头上
Story is, an apple fell on Sir Isaac Newton's head,
但事实不是那样
but that didn't really happen.
其实他当时坐在别的树底下
Turns out, he was sitting under a different tree
目睹了苹果从另一棵树上掉下来
when he saw the apple fall off another tree,
而不是他头顶的那棵树
the one he wasn't sitting under.
这不是个好故事
It's not nearly as good a story,
但那个关于苹果砸到他的头的传说
but the myth about the apple hitting him in the head
丝毫没有削弱他的理论的重要性
doesn't do anything to diminish the importance of his theory,
他的发现的重要性
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表