剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
就是追求正义
is the pursuit of justice.
对吗
Is that correct?
- 对的 - 那么 在某种意义上
- Yes. - So, in a sense,
你的工作...
the work that you do...
发关于庭审系统的推特
tweeting out your messages about the court system,
建议你庭上的一位证人在被捕之前
advising a witness in your courtroom to seek counsel
去找律师...
before she can be arrested...
这些都是...无私的
that's all... altruistic?
也就是说 这不是为了你自己
I mean, there's nothing in it for you.
你...你不是想扬名立万
Y...You're not seeking notoriety or fame,
- 是吗 - 不是
- are you? - No.
如果出名是让人们对司法体系
If fame or notoriety is a by-product
感兴趣产生的副作用
of getting people excited about the judicial system,
那出名就出名吧 但这不是我的目的
then so be it. But, no, it is not my goal.
你只是一位谦逊 诚实...
You're just a humble, honest...
接地气的州法♥院♥法官
down-to-earth state court judge.
对 我是这么认为的
I like to think so. Yes.
好吧 感谢你的诚恳回答
Well, thank you for your honesty.
没有其他问题了
Nothing further.
刚才是在闹哪样
What in the world was that about?
好吧 不管是在搞什么 都没什么用
Well, whatever it was, it didn't work.
我这里的情况是
It just keeps getting greener and greener
越来越绿了
in here.
两方还有什么要问的吗
Anything else from either side?
暂时没有 法官大人
Um, not at this time, Your Honor.
辩护完毕
The defense rests.
法官大人 如果辩方
Your Honor, if the defense
陈述完毕了
is done with their presentation,
政♥府♥一方想传唤一位反驳证人
the government would like to call a rebuttal witness.
就知道会这样
Of course you would.
请说一下你的名字和职位
Please tell us your name and occupation.
我的名字是杰克·门罗
My name is Jake Monroe.
我从事娱乐业
I'm in the entertainment business.
艺术家经纪人
Uh, artist representative.
星探
Talent agent.
也就是说你代理电视明星 演员
So you represent TV stars? Actors and actresses?
我的主要业务是
Well, the vast majority of my business is
做非虚构的电视节目
in what's called nonfiction television.
- 也就是真人秀 - 我明白了
- Uh, reality television. - I see.
那么你跟被告认识吗
And are you familiar with the defendant?
认识 我和她进行了
Uh, I am. She and I actually had
多次讨论 探讨她进入电视界的
a number of discussions about the possibility
可能性
of her getting into television.
这是真的吗 你有一位经纪人
Is this true? You have an agent?
我们怎么不知道这事
How did we not know this?
没有 我从来都没有过经纪人
No. I've never had an agent.
他请我吃过午饭 两次 仅此而已
He invited me to lunch. Twice. That's it.
我很不解 为什么
I'm confused. Why would
一位州法官需要经纪人呢
a state judge need a talent agent?
她被选为公务人员 她有工作
She was elected to office. She has a job.
庭审秀是一种利润很大的
Well, courtroom shows are a very lucrative, uh, staple
主流日间电视节目
of daytime television.
我在报纸上看过关于杜根法官的事
I read about Judge Duggan in the papers,
然后开始关注她的推特账号♥
uh, started to follow her Twitter account.
我由衷地相信
And I've genuinely come to believe
她会成为下一位"法官朱迪"
that she could be the next Judge Judy.
打断一下 哪位法官
Excuse me, Judge who?
朱迪法官 非常成功的电视法官
Judge Judy. Very successful.
但是她年纪大了 快要退休
But she's starting to age out of the job.
像杜根法官或者跟她一样的人
It's hard not to imagine that someone like Judge Duggan,
很容易被认为是一位潜在的接任者
or someone like her, is a potential successor.
那么你认为她会成为一名电视法官
So you think she could be a television judge?
绝对的
I do.
你看她 她漂亮
I mean, look at her. She's beautiful,
有号♥召力
charismatic.
定位很好 已经有了粉丝基础
She's positioned herself well. She already has a following.
你是说她发的那些推特
You're talking about all the-the tweeting,
帖子 社交媒体
posting, social media.
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor.
控方在引导证人
Counsel is leading the witness.
- 反对有效 - 没关系
- Sustained. - That's fine.
我没有其他问题了 法官大人
I have nothing further, Your Honor.
泰勒在社交媒体上看到跟这个有关的事了吗
Did Taylor see anything about this on social media?
泰勒认真查阅了所有的帖子 推特 博客和相关话题...
Taylor looked through every post, tweet, blog and hashtag...
仔细梳理过了 没有任何
With a fine-tooth comb, and there's nothing
关于经纪人和电视节目的内容
about an agent, nothing about television.
你跟那个家伙签过什么
Did you actually sign any kind of agreement
- 合同吗 - 没有
- with this guy? - No.
当然没有
Of course not.
他跟我说要让我成为明星
He told me he wanted to make me a star.
我放声大笑 然后听取了他对社交媒体的意见
I laughed and picked his brain about social media.
辩方律师 你准备好盘问证人了吗
Are you ready to cross-examine, Counselor?
准备好了 法官大人
Yes, I am, Your Honor.
门罗先生
Mr. Monroe,
只需回答"是"或者"否"
yes or no question:
我的委托人跟你签合同了吗
did my client sign a contract with you?
书面合同 没有
Uh, on paper, no.
但是我们达成了共识
But we had an understanding,
在娱乐业这是一个非常典型的
which is a fairly typical way of doing things
行事方式
in the entertainment business.
你们第一次会面
And when the two of you first met,
是谁主动发起的会面
who initiated the meeting?
她给你打的电♥话♥ 还是你给她打的电♥话♥
Did she call you, or did you call her?
我发起的会面 我给她打的电♥话♥
Uh, I initiated. I called her.
所以这一切都是你的主意
So this was all about an idea you had.
实际上 我的委托人从未授权你
Point of fact, my client never authorized you
为她寻找上电视节目的机会
to seek any television opportunities on her behalf.
是不是这样
Isn't that true?
不 我觉得不是
No, I don't believe it is.
听着 我这么做是为了生计
Look, I do this for a living.
而她却在玩欲擒故纵
Yes, she was playing hard to get.
她从没真正说过"帮我搞定"
She never actually said, "Go do this for me."
但是我们吃过两次午饭
But we had lunch twice.
而如果第一次没听到感兴趣的东西
And you don't come back a second time
你是不会再约第二次的
unless you heard something you liked the first time.
全军覆没 仅剩一卒
We have lost all but one of our greens.
加油啊 本尼
Come on, Benny.
你承认...
You admit...
我的委托人没有和你达成任何协议
my client has no agreement in place with you?
口头和书面上都没有 对吧
Verbal or written. Yes or no?
- 对 我们没有任何协议 - 事实上
- No, we have no agreement. - And the fact is,
你为她寻找上电视节目的机会
while you may be looking for a television opportunity for her,
也并非受她指示... 对吗
none of it is being done at her behest... true?
对
True.
也许她说的是真心话
Maybe she was saying what she meant.
也许她对你或者电视节目都...不感兴趣
Maybe she wasn't interested in you... or TV.
反对 辩方律师在作证
Objection. Counsel is testifying.
- 提问题 - 好的
- Ask a question. - Okay. All right.
问题如下
Here's a question.
你来此的动机是什么
What's your motive here?
吃不到葡萄就说葡萄酸
This all about sour grapes?
因为如果你相信杜根法官
Because if you believe in Judge Duggan,
如果你像我一样 相信她对法律的热情
if you believe, like I do, that her passion for the law,
她的正义感和沟通能力
her sense of integrity, her ability to communicate
让我们的司法体系如此特别的东西
what makes our system of justice so special
实际上也让她很特别
is in fact what makes her special,
那么你来这里诋毁她
then what are you hoping to accomplish
是希望达成什么目的
by coming in here and casting aspersions against her?
你明知道 如果陪审团判她有罪
You know, if this jury finds her guilty,
不仅会使她结束法官生涯
not only will she be done as a judge,
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表