剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
在过去三年你甚至没能把队伍带到全国的舞台
You even failed to qualify for state in the last three.
比赛很艰难
Very tough competition.
过去三年都面临了很大的挑战
Last three years have been challenging.
事实上 在过去三年里 你队伍里都没有
Actually, in all three of those years, you didn't have
一个安东尼重量级的摔跤手晋级
a wrestler that qualified in Antonio's weight class.
我说的没错吧
Am I right?
你只能放弃那个重量级
You had to forfeit the slot.
是的
Yes.
这些成果可能让你上面的老板们不太满意
Probably didn't make your bosses very happy.
那么 你知道学校的行政部门
Now, uh, were you aware that the school's administration
已经开始为你的职位
had actually started reaching out
寻找可能的
to potential replacement candidates
接替者了吗
for your position?
我听过传闻了
I'd heard rumors.
不过那就是运动员的宿命
But that's the nature of athletics.
如果没法带回奖杯
You don't bring home the trophies,
那么人们就会把目光放到别处
people start to look elsewhere.
没错
Yeah.
那么在争取到安东尼的时候
Well, it must have been very exciting
你一定非常兴奋吧
when you were able to recruit Antonio.
高超的摔跤手 完美的体重
Great wrestler, perfect weight.
我对安东尼抱有很大希望
I had high hopes for Antonio.
真的很期待那个男孩儿
Really believed in the boy.
所以当他比去年五月长高了
So how did you feel when he showed up
一英尺半并
an inch and a half taller
增重了八磅的时候你有什么感受
and eight pounds heavier than he was last May?
当然 我非常惊讶
Obviously, I was surprised.
不过... 八磅
But... eight pounds
对这些孩子来讲并不是不能克服的目标
is not an insurmountable goal for these kids.
我知道
Oh, I know.
看看你过去训练的
Look at all the athletes
这些摔跤运动员
you've worked with in the past
长高了不只一英尺
that have grown inches taller
还不曾增重一磅
and have gained absolutely no weight.
说完这些
And now here we are.
让我问你一个问题
Let me ask you a question.
如果你发现你手下一些队员为了保持体重
If you found out that some of your athletes were doing things
做了一些有损他们健康的事
that compromised their health to keep their weight down,
甚至有可能威胁到了他们的生命 你会怎么做
maybe even put their lives at risk, what would you do?
我指怎么制止他们
To stop them, I mean.
反对 原告律师在纠缠证人
Objection. The attorney is badgering the witness,
作假设性推论
making up hypotheticals.
你说得对
You're right.
那么我们就不作假设
Let's not be hypothetical.
让我们更具体些
Let's get specific.
你对兰斯·布莱欧说或者做了什么
What did you say or do for Lance Briles?
还有对莱恩·蒂森
Or Ryan Tissen?
还有对瑞斯·尼克
Or Reese Nichols?
或直接些 对安东尼·加西亚
Or for that matter, Antonio Garcia,
在你发现他们长高了之后
when you discovered that they were getting taller?
因为实话实说
Because let's be honest,
人不可能在增高的情况下不增重
you can't get taller and not gain any weight.
是你让他们
Did you tell them
穿着垃圾袋 跟在队车
to run behind the team's bus
后面跑的吗
in a garbage bag?
证人请回答问题
Witness will answer the question.
好吧 没关系
Oh, that's all right.
我的话让教练不舒服了
I'm making the coach uncomfortable,
我也不想这么做
and I don't want to do that.
我撤回我的提问 质询结束
I withdraw the question. Nothing further.
休息十分钟
Let's take a ten-minute recess
然后继续辩方的
and then continue with defense's
交叉质询
cross-examination.
我们的朋友巴恩斯医生那有什么进展吗
Any news on our friend Dr. Barnes?
事实上
Actually,
泰勒正在走廊外面等你
Taylor is waiting outside in the hallway for you.
她觉得她找到了些线索
She thinks she found something.
我仔细阅读了
I've looked through
巴恩斯医生写过或者说过的所有东西
everything Dr. Barnes has ever written or said.
所有医学期刊文章 所有FDA药物证明
Every medical journal article, every FDA drug testimonial,
所有演讲 研讨会 以及其他
every speech, every seminar, every everything.
然后难以置信的是 我找不到任何有关异常心音资料
And believe it or not, I found nothing about heart murmurs.
这怎么可能
How is that possible?
不过当我调查她的公♥司♥账户时
But when I looked through her corporate accounts,
我发现她总是在开办欧洲医学
I noticed she almost always tries to time her vacations
专题讨论会时休假
with European medical symposiums.
然后我就想 这有没有可能表明巴恩斯医生
And then it occurred to me, could it be that Dr. Barnes
在美国之外的地方
offers her opinions and expertise in languages
用英文之外的语言
other than in English and
阐述她的意见和专业知识呢
in countries other than the United States?
我详细说一下 我在德国上的三年高中终于有回报了
Long story long, my three years of high school German paid off.
两年前 巴恩斯博士曾在慕尼黑的
Dr. Barnes was a speaker at a cardiology trauma convention
心脏病会议上做过演讲
in Munich two years ago.
这是她的一份演讲稿
This is a transcript of her speech.
上面写着什么
What did it say?
我就不用我的塑料德语毒害你们了
I'll spare you my terrible German accent,
但上面大致是说 无论外界因素如何
but basically, she says that mitral valve murmurs
从来没有 我重复 从来没有研究表明
have never... I repeat, never been shown to increase the risk
二尖瓣杂音
of myocardial infarctions,
会提高心肌梗塞的风险
regardless of other externalities.
相当于这个医生亲口说安东尼二尖瓣杂音的问题
So in the words of the good doctor, Antonio's heart murmur
不可能使他心脏病发
couldn't have caused his heart attack.
这上面是这么写的
That's how I read it.
说曹操曹操就到了
Ooh. Speak of the devil and she will appear.
杰森
Jason.
桑德拉
Sandra.
做的好 泰勒
Nice work, Taylor.
接下来有意思了
This is gonna be fun.
那么 你在看过安东尼最初的检查报告
So, after examining the original medical reports,
毒理检测报告
the toxicology results
还有个人体♥检♥记录之后
and Antonio's personal medical records,
你得出了什么结论呢
what conclusions were you able to draw?
最先吸引我注意的是
Well, the first thing to catch my attention
二尖瓣脱垂 二尖瓣有杂音的问题
was Antonio's mitral valve prolapse, his heart murmur.
对了 桑德拉 快进来我的圈套里
That a girl, Sandra. Come on in, the water's fine.
布尔 你最好注意点
Bull, you better watch out.
你有点得意忘形了
Your smug is showing.
所以 在你这个专家看来
So, in your expert opinion,
安东尼二尖瓣杂音的问题
you believe that Antonio's mitral valve murmur
就是导致他心脏病发的
was the cause of his catastrophic
元凶吗
heart event?
并不是
Actually, no.
- 不是吗 - 不是吗
- No? - No?
不是
No?
为什么呢
And why is that?
我越看尸检报告
The more I looked at the medical reports,
就越觉得有什么被忽略了
the more I felt as though something had been overlooked.
之后我意识到
And then I realized.
是乳酸中毒
It was lactic acidosis.
乳酸中毒吗
Lactic acidosis?
你能向陪审团解释一下这个词吗
Could you explain to the jury what that is?
当然 当我们的身体像安东尼的身体一样
Certainly. When the body is under
处于极大的体力消耗上 并且身体
extreme physical exertion, as Antonio's was,
无法获取足够的氧气时 它就会寻找替代资源
and it can't get enough oxygen, it looks for alternate sources,
另一种获取能量的方法
alternate pathways to get its energy.
那就是无氧呼吸
Anaerobic pathways.
无氧呼吸时
The by-product of this process
会产生乳酸
is lactic acid.
乳酸中毒指的就是乳酸
Lactic acidosis is simply when this lactic acid
进入了血管内
enters the bloodstream.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表