剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
诊所已经承认了错误
The clinic has already admitted fault here.
他们已经加强实践
They've tightened up
并增加了
their practices and added
新的安全保障措施
new security safeguards.
他们给所有客户都发了信息
They've sent letters to all of their clients
告知此事
informing them of this incident.
现在他们给所有担心自己可能是
And now they're offering free DNA testing
受害者的新生父母们
to any new parents who worry
提供免费的DNA检测
that they may also be victims of this mishap.
对诊所来说很好
Which is all well and good for the clinic,
但我们是来帮助麦康纳尔夫妇的
but we're here to try and help the McConnells.
当然
Of course.
经过深思熟虑和讨论
And after much consideration and conversation,
诊所愿意向麦康纳尔夫妇
the clinic would like to offer the McConnells
致以最诚挚的歉意 以及四万美元支票
their sincerest apology and a check for $40,000
作为不符合规定的
as reimbursement for the round of IVF
体外受精的赔偿
that didn't follow protocol.
不好意思 这点钱甚至够不上零头吧
I'm sorry, but that number doesn't even begin
你所说的"这轮不符规定的体外受精程序"
to take into account that this "Round of IVF"
导致了麦康纳尔的孩子没能拥有
that did not follow protocol resulted in a child
夫妻俩的DNA
that does not share Miles McConnell's DNA,
而且还可能出现很多让我的客户
and could be prone to a host of genetic anomalies
措手不及的基因异常问题
that my clients are not prepared for,
他们当初可是花费了四十万美元
an outcome for which they paid over $400,000.
或者我们可以直接上法庭
Or we could just go to court.
但说实话
But let's be honest.
我们都知道诊所并不希望这件事变成
We all know the clinic doesn't want this to become
一场难堪的公开诉讼
an ugly public trial.
无论赢输 或者撤诉
Win, lose or draw,
都将对公♥司♥的声誉造成不可挽回的损伤
it's gonna irreparably tarnish their reputation.
更有可能 公♥司♥会再无生意可做
And most likely, kill their business.
说个数吧
Give me a number.
我觉得返还麦康纳尔家
I would say reimbursing the McConnells
全部的四十万美元
their entire $400,000
再加四十万美元的赔偿费用
and adding another 400,000 for pain and suffering
这样比较合理 你觉得呢
would be a fair number, wouldn't you?
超过四十万美元 我没有权利接受
I'm not authorized to go above 400,000.
那我们就有麻烦了
Well, then, we have a problem,
少于一百万美元我是不接受的
because I'm not authorized to accept less than a million.
等等 你刚才说的不是八十万美元吗
Wait a second. You just said 800,000.
是的 那是两分钟前说的
Yes. That was two minutes ago.
现在我要一百万美元
And now I said a million.
再过两分钟 我可能会要一百五十万美元
And in another two minutes, I'm gonna say a million five.
你看到这种趋势了吗
Are you sensing the pattern here?
等我打个电♥话♥
Let me make a call.
你打电♥话♥吧
You make a call.
四... 四十万真的已经够了
Uh, f... four hundred thousand would honestly plenty.
四十万都不能让你们摆脱财务困境
That doesn't even get you out of the financial hole you're in.
但起码能有些帮助 也许我们该接受四十万
B... But it helps. I mean, we should just take it.
是啊
Yeah.
本尼 可以麻烦你向我们的客户解释一下
Benny, would you explain to our clients
这个游戏是怎么玩的吗
how the game is played?
你们知道比六位数字的和解费
Mm. You know the only thing better
更好的选择是什么吗
than a six-figure settlement?
一百万美元
A million dollars.
我... 我都数不了那么多位数
I... I don't think my brain can count that high.
泰勒 谢谢你
Taylor, thank you.
谢谢你们两位
And thank you both.
不用谢
It's our pleasure.
泰勒的朋友就是我们的朋友
Oh, any friends of Taylor's are friends of ours.
你是迈尔斯·麦康纳尔吗
Are you Miles? Miles McConnell?
是的 什么事
Yeah, maybe. Who's asking?
你被传唤了
You've been served.
这是什么
What is it?
能让我看看吗
Mind if I take a look at it?
这是一位名叫罗德克·沃顿的先生
It's a paternity petition
提出的亲子鉴定申请
from a man named Roderick Walton.
这是什么意思
Okay, what does this mean?
意味着
It means he believes
他认为自己才是你们儿子的亲生父亲
he's your son's biological father,
他为了孩子监护权而起诉你
and he's suing you for custody.
庭审专家 第四季第十三集 我的孩子
全体起立
All rise.
就沃顿与麦康纳尔一案
In the matter of Walton v. McConnell,
根据最新的亲子鉴定结果
in light of the recent paternity test,
表明罗德克·沃顿
there can be no doubt that Mr. Roderick Walton
确实是约瑟夫·派·麦康纳尔的生父
is indeed the biological father of Joseph Patrick McConnell.
因此
Therefore,
沃顿先生在法律上对孩子有监护权
Mr. Walton does have a legal claim to the child.
我不得不承认
I have to say I have never encountered
我从未遇见过这样的案例
a situation like this before.
在此情况下
Under the circumstances,
我强烈建议双方
it would be my strenuous recommendation that both parties
还有双方的代表律师
and their counsel meet with me
到我房♥间来讨论
in chambers to discuss
共同监护权的问题
a joint custody resolution.
法官大人 先说清楚
Your Honor, just to be clear,
麦康纳尔夫妻是孩子所知的唯一父母
as the only parents this child has ever known,
他们有权利和义务
the McConnells believe it is their right and duty
保留单一监护权
to retain sole custody.
法官大人 同样事先声明
Your Honor, also in the interest of clarity,
我的当事人也认为
my clients believe it is their right
保留唯一监护权是他们的权利和义务
and their duty to demand full custody as well.
你再说一遍 这孩子可是我生的
I beg your pardon, but I gave birth to this baby.
本尼能搞定 没事的
Benny's got this. It's okay.
法官大人 我的当事人
Your Honor, my client,
伊丽莎白·麦康纳尔 怀胎九月
Elisabeth McConnell, carried Joseph for nine months.
他们共享心跳 她生下了约瑟夫
They shared a heartbeat. She birthed him.
自从他出生的第一天
She's been nursing him
- 她就开始看护他 - 法官大人
- since the day he was born. - Your Honor,
我和我的太太
my wife and I wish
也希望能有所有的这些经历
we had had all of those experiences.
怀孕 生产
The pregnancy, the birth,
几个月不能睡觉却无条件的爱
the months of sleepless unconditional love.
但我和萨美拉直到上个月
But Samara and I didn't even know we had a son
才知道我们有了儿子
until last week.
我无法接受我们再错过
And I'll be damned if we're going to be enjoined
他人生中的任何瞬间
from missing any more of his life.
法官大人 我想继续说完...
Your Honor, if can just finish what...
沃顿夫妇 你们有孩子吗
Mr. And Mrs. Walton, do you have any other children?
没有 法官大人 没有
No, Your Honor. No.
我和罗德克尝试了好多年
Roderick and I have tried for years to conceive.
我们做了十二次体外受精
We've had 12 rounds of in-vitro fertilization.
我不断经历流产
I've suffered miscarriage after miscarriage.
心灵受到巨大伤害
It was soul crushing.
所以当我们知道
So when we discovered
这世界上有一个婴儿
that there was a baby in this world
与罗德克是亲子关系
that is biologically Roderick's,
我们必须要抚养他
we knew that we had to raise him.
我再问你们一遍
And I need to ask you this again:
你们不接受
You would not be willing
分割的监护权 对吧
to entertain a split custody arrangement?
无意冒犯麦康纳尔一家
No offense to the McConnells,
但他们对我们来说完全是陌生人
but they're complete strangers to us.
这是我的儿子
This is my son.
我无意与完全的陌生人共同抚养他
And we have no desire to raise him with complete strangers.
既然双方都拒绝共同监护权
Since both sides are refusing to entertain a resolution,
我不得不安排一场监护权听证会
I'm forced to schedule a custody hearing.
另外 我将任命一位诉讼监护人
In addition, I'm going to appoint a guardian ad litem
对双方家长进行调查
to investigate both sets of parents.
这位监护人 米歇尔·唐尼
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表