剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Natalie Reznick, the accused anthrax killer, is facing
面临着两项一级谋杀和其他一系列指控
two counts of capital murder and a slew of other charges.
她需要一支辩护团队 而我们是市里少数几个
Well, she needs a defense team, and we're one of the few firms
有处理这类案子的专业知识的事务所
in the city with the expertise to handle that type of case.
直接回电♥话♥告诉他们不行呗
Well, just call 'em back and tell 'em no.
我有个刚出生的孩子 你有...
I have a newborn child and you have...
就说
Just say that
感谢邀约 但我们现在没兴趣
we really appreciate the offer, but we are not interested
为一个恐♥怖♥分♥子♥辩护
in representing a terrorist at this time.
是被指控的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
An accused terrorist.
你没搞清楚重点
I think you're missing the point.
联邦律师事务所今早打来
The federal defender's office wasn't asking
不是在询问行不行
when they called me this morning.
只是通知而已
They were telling.
这案子给我们了 布尔
It's our case, Bull.
春天快乐哦
Happy spring.
庭审专家第四季第十七集 隐形女人
我不知道我为什么在这
I have no idea why I'm here.
你肯定听到联邦调查局探员
Surely you heard the FBI agent
拘留你之前宣读的指控了
read you the charges before he took you into custody.
你被指控用一级联邦管制
You're being charged with murdering two people
生物制剂谋杀两人
with a Tier 1 federal select biological agent
并在纽约制♥造♥恐怖
and terrorizing the city of New York.
我是听到了 但他们为什么认为我会干这种事
Yes, of course, but wh-why would they think I would do that?
对你不利的证据
Well, the evidence against you
将会在传讯时公布
will be laid out at your arraignment,
但是从指控文件来看
but based on the charging documents,
FBI掌握了强有力的证据
the FBI has a pretty strong case.
这怎么可能
How is that possible?
去年 你所参与的炭疽研究
Well, when the funding for your anthrax research
经费受到削减时
was cut last year,
你曾发出过数十封邮件
you sent out dozens of e-mails.
收件人有记者和政客
To journalists, to politicians.
而这些人正是遭受袭击的目标
The very people who've been the targets in these attacks.
没错 但是这
Well, y-yes, b-but that's...
这只是个巧合
that's just a coincidence.
我只是在信中说明了
The-the letters that I was writing were about
削减经费是目光短浅且非常危险的
how shortsighted and dangerous it was to cut that funding.
炭疽热没有出现在公众视野
Just because anthrax was out of the news did not mean
并不意味着它不再对国♥家♥安♥全♥构成威胁
that it was no longer a risk to national security.
但是联邦检察官办公室
Well, the U.S. Attorney's Office
怀疑当你的警告未被理睬时
suspects that when your warnings fell on deaf ears,
你便精心策划了这些袭击事件以证明观点
you orchestrated these attacks to prove a point.
"炭疽热依旧存在且致命的"
"Anthrax is still out there. It's still lethal."
太荒谬了 我是博士 是科学家
That's absurd. I am a doctor, I am a scientist.
我们团队所做的一切工作都是为了拯救生命
The work that my team was doing was about saving lives.
杀人怎么可能
How on earth would killing people
帮我们实现目标
help us achieve that goal?
如果他们的证据只有这些 那我赞同你的说法
If that's all they had, I'd agree with you.
你知道在FBI搜查之前
Are you aware that bleached
你的办公室漂白过吗
before the FBI searched it?
我知道
Yes.
漂白粉是一种消毒剂 而我的工作是和致病菌打交道
Bleach is a disinfectant. I work with pathogens.
但是你的办公室是
But yours was the only office
整栋楼里唯一一间在最近
in the complex to have been so recently
受过彻底漂白的办公室
and thoroughly bleached.
漂白粉能杀死炭疽杆菌
Bleach kills anthrax.
这会让人觉得你在销毁证据
It makes it appear as if you were destroying evidence.
你的公♥寓♥也被漂白过了
Your apartment had been bleached, too.
环丙沙星 治疗炭疽的推荐药品之一
而且调查员在你的厨房♥里发现了藏起来的环丙沙星
And investigators found a stash of the antibiotic ciprofloxacin
以及一盒N95口罩
and a box of N95 face masks in your kitchen.
他们怀疑你在制♥作♥
They suspect you used both
含有炭疽杆菌的生日贺卡时使用了这两样东西
when you assembled the anthrax-laden birthday cards.
那些口罩是我...
I mean, the masks were... I...
我本来准备粉刷浴室
I was gonna paint my bathroom.
每年我都去执行医疗任务
And I go on a medical mission every year.
今年是柬埔寨
This year, it's Cambodia.
洪都拉斯共和国 中美洲国家
去年是洪都拉斯
Last year, it was Honduras,
瓜达卢佩 西班牙西部城市
还有瓜达卢佩
Guadalupe.
不管怎样 每年出发前我的医生都会给我开环丙沙星
Anyway, my doctor gives me cipro before I go every year.
我说的都是真的
I meant what I said.
我根本不明白自己为什么会在这里
I have no idea why I'm here.
我相信她
I believe the woman.
她说她都不明白她为什么会在监狱
I mean, she says she has no idea what she's doing behind bars.
我相信她
I believe her.
好吧 那就是你们俩了
Okay. Well, that makes two of you.
很不幸 政♥府♥的看法截然不同
Unfortunately, the government sees it all quite differently.
政♥府♥ 你听说过近视侦探吗
Yeah, government. You ever heard of detective myopia?
近视侦探
Detective myopia?
还真没听说过
No. Can't say that I have.
通常是指执法部门
It is when law enforcement,
迫于极度的公众和政♥治♥压力
usually because of extreme public or political pressure,
挑选了一个嫌疑人 然后在评估所有证据时
picks a suspect and then evaluates all the evidence
会倾向于判断该嫌疑人有罪
with the predisposition that that suspect is guilty.
而后停止寻找其他的嫌疑人
And they stop looking for other suspects,
并且不继续追究那些
they stop running down leads
不利于他们既定理论的线索
that don't back up their predetermined theories.
他们所有的工作都是为了证明
All their work goes into proving that their suspect,
他们随机抓捕的嫌疑人有罪
the person they picked at random is guilty.
城市正陷入恐慌
City's in a panic.
FBI需要让它恢复平静
FBI needs to restore calm.
纳塔利正好是能够接触到细菌
Natalie presented as someone with access to the bacteria
且有明显动机的人 所以他们仔细搜索她的生活
and an apparent motive, so they combed through her life
企图证明是她干的
looking for ways to prove she did it.
这就是近视侦探
Detective myopia.
我觉得我们需要争取换个审判地点
I think we need to argue for a change of venue.
我知道法律策略的确不是
Well... I know legal strategy isn't exactly
我的专业领域 但是我一直在浏览
my area of expertise, but I have been going through
可能的陪审团名单 考虑到公众
the potential jury lists, and, well, given the panic
对这个案子的关注以及恐慌
and all of the publicity around this case,
难道我们在其他地方
wouldn't we be likely to get
不更好找一个更公正的陪审团吗
a more impartial jury somewhere else?
某个不像纽约经受了这么多的地方
Somewhere that hasn't been through as much as New York has?
其实这是个不错的想法
That's not a bad thought, actually.
只不过问题在于
You know, the problem is, it's next to impossible
联邦刑事案件几乎不可能改变审判地点
to get a change of venue in a federal criminal case.
我只是很担心
I'm just worried.
不管我怎么研究数据
No matter how I look at the data,
我完全不知道要怎么样才能让陪审团
I just don't know how we're gonna seat a jury
无视他们的恐惧
that can look past their own fears.
这也是我们不该这么做的原因
That's why we shouldn't try.
事实上 我们要做的恰恰相反
In fact, we should do just the opposite.
我们应该把他们吓得半死
We should scare the living daylights out of 'em.
大家倾向于
People are predisposed
认定纳塔利有罪 因为他们想要相信
to convicting Natalie because they want to believe
危险已经过去
that the danger has passed.
所以我们要做的是说服陪审团
So what we need to do is convince the jury...
危险依然存在
that it hasn't.
有人还记得之前发生的
Anybody remember the last time
一系列炭疽热袭击事件吗
we had a series of anthrax attacks?
正好发生在九月十一号♥之后 是吗
It was right after 9/11, wasn't it?
是的没错 非常好
Yes, yes. Very good.
那么你还记得
And do you remember how long
他们花了多久才找到罪犯吗
it took for them to find the perpetrator?
我记得好像很快
I seem to recall it was pretty quick.
的确如此
Indeed it was.
司法部长约翰·阿什克罗夫特
Attorney General John Ashcroft
曾公开表示前生物防御系统研究员
publicly named former biodefense researcher Steven Jay Hatfill
史蒂文·杰伊·哈特菲尔对袭击事件很感兴趣
as a person of interest in the attacks.
FBI监听了他的电♥话♥
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表