剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
I thought you and your professor were gonna represent me.
我们会的 如果你想
Absolutely. If you want the legal aid clinic
那是你的权利
to represent you, that is your right,
而且我们事务所也准备好这么做了
and we stand ready to do it.
但要不是因为科隆先生
But I wouldn't be asking you to consider Mr. Colón
是我认为最有机会带你出去的人
if I didn't think he was the absolute best shot
我也不会带他到这来见你
you have of getting out of here.
而且我仍是你辩护团队中的一员
And I'll still be on your team.
我会陪你走过每一步
I'll be with you every step of the way.
我知道你说过当时你在场
I know you said you were there.
我也知道你心怀愧疚
I know you said you feel badly.
实际上
Truth is...
我一点也不记得你
I don't even remember you.
也许这是件好事
Maybe that's a good thing.
这并不改变我为此感到的内疚
Doesn't change the fact that I regret what I did.
不改变我想纠正这件事的决心
Doesn't change the fact that I want to make it right.
你说他是最好的律师?
You say he the best?
他就是最好的
He is.
那
Well, then...
我们就开始吧
let's do this thing.
我知道说这个有点晚了
Uh, I know it's kind of late to bring this up,
但我刚刚突然想到 改换立场这个事
but switching sides... it just occurred to me...
我从来没见过这种事
I don't think I've ever heard of it being done before.
从来没有
Ever.
所以 我得去外面给办公室打个电♥话♥
So, I'm gonna go outside and call my office
看看能不能预约这个下午
and see if we can arrange
和法官见一面
an appointment with the judge this afternoon.
目的是什么呢
What for?
因为如果我们真的要改变立场
Because if we really want to do this,
我们得申请法庭的同意
we're gonna need to go to court and ask permission.
有人能告诉我 我们的目的是什么吗
Somebody tell me why we're here.
尊敬的审判长 如您所知
Well, as you are aware, Your Honor,
关于2002年那件让艾迪·米吉入狱的杀人案
Eddie Mitchell has won the right to a new trial
他已经获得了上诉的权利
on the murder charges brought against him in 2002.
由于这个上诉的权利
And while that right to a new trial was won by the attorneys
是由哈德逊大学的法律援助事务所代理的
at the Hudson University Legal Aid Clinic,
但现在 米吉先生
at this time, Mr. Mitchell is requesting
要求我来做他的首席律师
that I assume the role of his principal counsel.
我们来只是希望寻求
We are simply seeking the court's permission
法庭对这一变更的同意
to make that change.
那法庭会有什么原因不同意呢
And is there some reason why we shouldn't approve such a change?
科隆先生刚才忘说了
Mr. Colón is failing to mention that in the original trial
他是十七年前那件 让米吉先生坐牢的案子
some 17 years ago, he was part of the prosecution team
原告团队中的一员
that actually put Mr. Mitchell away.
你这忘说的很巧妙啊 科隆先生
Fascinating omission, Mr. Colón.
我正要说到这件事 审判长
I was getting to it, Your Honor.
你是想改变立场吗
You want to switch sides?
我从来没听过这种事
Never heard of such a thing.
我们今天可能要创造历史了
We might be making a little history here today, folks.
那么现有的辩护团队
And does the current prosecutorial team
有什么要抗♥议♥的吗
have any reason to object?
首先 根据美国律师协会
Let's start with Rule 1.7 and 1.11
职业行为规则第1.7和1.11条
of the American Bar Association Rules of Professional Conduct,
明令禁止了这种改变立场的行为
which expressly prohibit this kind of thing.
我知道这条法律 审判长
I am aware of that, Your Honor.
但我想请法庭关注一下
But I... I'd like to call the A.D.A. and the court's attention
第3.8条法律
to Rule 3.8,
这条法律里提到
which implores a prosecutor,
如果原告意识到自己做了错误的判断
if he or she is made aware of a faulty conviction,
原告应竭尽所能纠正其错误
to do everything in their power to rectify it.
鉴于目前
And since the current occupants of the D.A.'s office
地方检察官仍没有
have not seen fit
对米吉先生的信件做出任何回复
to answer Mr. Mitchell's letters,
这个责任就落到了我的身上
that duty falls to me.
我知道现在已经出了很大一件冤案
Now, I believe a great injustice has occurred.
我不能弥补他已经失去的年华
Now, I can't give this man back the years he lost,
但我可以尽我所能
but I can do everything in my power
确保以后他不会
to see to it that he does not spend
再受不该受的牢狱之灾
a day longer than necessary in prison.
我理解你对这件
I share your sense of outrage
大概率伪证事件的愤慨情感
over what appears to be a likely act of perjury.
如果不是这件案子
If not in regard to this case, then certainly
那肯定也是这位目击证人
in one of the five others
作证的其它五案之一
the eyewitness in question testified.
我同意让科隆先生改变立场
I'm going to allow Mr. Colón to switch sides,
但我不是很确定
though I'm not certain
我这样到底是帮了他 还是他客户的忙
I'm doing either him or his client a favor.
我跟你们说清楚
Let me be clear.
因为有问题的目击证人
Since the eyewitness in question
已经离世无法出庭作证
is no longer alive and cannot testify
她的话是否可信完整
as to her truthfulness or lack thereof,
因此提及她或她的证言
mention of her or her testimony
是绝对不允许的
is strictly forbidden.
你们都清楚了吗
Is that understood?
- 清楚了 法官阁下 - 明白 法官阁下
- Yes, Your Honor. - Understood, Your Honor.
你还想要那份工作吗
You still you want the job?
是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
因为这个案子曾经被审理过
Well, since this case has been tried before,
所以我决定尽可能多地去追踪当时的陪审员
I decided to track down as many of the jurors
从我能找到的第一次审判开始
from the first trial as I could find to try and ask them
问问他们为什么觉得艾迪有罪
why they found Eddie guilty.
在他们看来 他似乎有杀害马可斯·洛特的动机
And it seemed to them he had a motive for killing Marcus Lott.
洛特是竞争的关键
Lott was the competition.
我读了案审的文稿
I was reading the transcript,
原来的检察官把艾迪
and that original prosecutor made Eddie
说成了犯罪惯犯
sound like a hardened criminal.
而他的公设辩护师根本没有反驳那点
And his public defender did nothing to counter that.
我想说 他当时才十六岁
I mean, he was 16,
靠倒卖♥♥便宜毒品生活
selling nickel bags.
也许一晚上能挣个几百块
Maybe making a couple hundred a night.
不是说那不是犯罪 我只是...
Not that that's not a crime, it's just...
很难相信他会因此杀人
hard to believe he killed another man over that.
我访问过的大多数陪审员都说 主要原因在于
Most of the jurors I polled said the main reason it was so easy
他们要相信艾迪是凶手太简单了
for them to believe that Eddie was the killer
因为被告没有提出其他嫌疑人
was because the defense presented no other suspects.
布尔认为我们的最佳策略就是
Bull thinks that our best strategy
找到另外一个嫌疑人
is to find someone... anyone...
不管是谁
to present as an alternative suspect.
艾迪的那个雇主呢
What about that guy Eddie worked for?
他叫什么
What was his name?
里昂 根据我读到的信息
Leon. According to what I read,
枪击发生时 他和家人一起在迈阿密
he was in Miami with his family when the shooting occurred.
强有力的不在场证明
Rock-solid alibi.
是啊 但是
Yeah. Still.
被害者也是毒贩子
The victim was a drug dealer, too.
而且他是真正的毒贩
And he was the real deal,
警方记录可以证明
with the rap sheet to prove it.
除了艾迪一定还有其他人
There must have been someone besides Eddie
对他怀恨在心
who had a beef with him.
我看看能否在以前的同事那找到线索
Let me see what I can dig up through my old vice contacts.
所以你想去买♥♥点毒品
So you wanted to buy some drugs,
但你知道如果被告看到你有钱的话
but you knew if the defendant saw you had money,
他就不会卖♥♥给你了
he wouldn't sell you anything.
他会把钱直接拿走
He would just take the money
来偿还他之前借给你的钱
to cover the loans he had already made you.
- 是的 先生 - 然后发生了什么呢
- Yes, sir. - So then what happened?
然后我听说来了个新人
So then I heard there was a new guy around,
在自助洗衣店工作 所以我就去找他了
working out of the laundromat, so I went over.
他愿意卖♥♥给你毒品吗
And was he willing to sell you drugs?
当然了
Sure.
这时候大概是凌晨一点左右对吗
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表